BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, his record of 3 wins and a draw from his 4 games has been shown to have been something of a blip.

I think it was always going to be, in all fairness.

The man isn't a football manager, he knows he isn't and never claims to be.

Respect to him for taking the responsibility when offered, but I feel that more damage would be done leaving Boywer in charge until the summer than appointing a proper manager.

Oh God, can you imagine, another new face in the dug-out after saying Bowyer would be in charge until the end of the season (which is now only 6 games away)?

That would be beyond farcical, but in the circumstances it would probably be the right move (depending upon who we got).

I sometimes wonder if this is another Singh/Venky driven con to get rid of more of the long serving Ewood backroom staff. Put them in the firing line of an impossible job then it gives an excuse to sack them. Freeing up space for some other goons to come in, prob not but owt is possible with these scumbags !

• 2 weeks later...

Hats off to GB. Job not complete yet but he's got the lads playing for him which is more than can be said for the other 4/5 managers we've had this season. He's a credit to the club.

You must not forget Terry McPhilips in all of this. GB on his own might not be that good but as a team they've done well.

• Backroom

Don't really buy this playing for / not playing for stuff as its only used selectively, if they are playing for him why the meek performances before the last two games?

He's getting some level of performance out of the team both helped and hindered by Appletons dealings in the window, we lost some flair but Williamson and Jones have been two of our better performers in the last two.

I'll support him fully if he gets the job (and i also think its his after the india trip) but at this point I still think an experienced manager would be preferable, 2 good wins but the 3 games before that were awful I'm there to be convinced and I really hope our end to this season convinces us all he's the man to take us forward, he seems a popular and good bloke as well so that helps

Sheff Wednesday wasn't a meek performance. They were a team bang in form, the ref gifted them a goal, they scored a stunner, and they were still hanging on for most of the second half.

Bowyer has picked up 14 points from 7 games in his 2 spells in charge. The same record as Kean this season, but with a lot less flukey elements (plus he's not a ****). The players play for him, which is something I definitely buy based on what they've been like under Berg and Appleton this season. And crucially, he knows how to organise a defence. Scott Dann looks 10 times better playing for Bowyer than he has done under any other manager at Rovers.

• Backroom

It would be interesting to see if Bowyer has the contacts to assemble a good solid back room team along with McPhillips, surely we are really low on coaching staff by this point

It would be interesting to see if Bowyer has the contacts to assemble a good solid back room team along with McPhillips, surely we are really low on coaching staff by this point

More importantly, contacts to get better players and not relying on Singh or Anderson....this is why I think he just falls short on getting it permanantly............oh..wait a minute...

Bowyer is literally the only rookie manager I'd be happy with Venky's giving the job to. The man's a born winner :rover:

Let's see if we avoid relegation before getting carried away with ludicrous statements.

[

Bowyer has picked up 14 points from 7 games in his 2 spells in charge. The same record as Kean this season, but with a lot less flukey elements (plus he's not a ****). The players play for him, which is something I definitely buy based on what they've been like under Berg and Appleton this season. And crucially, he knows how to organise a defence. Scott Dann looks 10 times better playing for Bowyer than he has done under any other manager at Rovers.

And yet there were examples of luck in all of his wins the first, round, I believe,often surrounding a fortunate first goal.

I don't want him to get the job, partly because I think he does a much more valuable role in player development;and because eventually he'll go on a bad run and risk the danger of being sacked.

Archived