BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tactically I thought Gary got it wrong today for the first hour. Three central midfielders who offered very little going forward was a real handicap. Barry Ferguson was under no pressure at all and dictated most of the play. I would have liked to have seen Dunny in a more advanced central role and Williamson on the right. That said his substitutions were correct as the first two who went off were clearly our worst players.

Chris Hughton, Brian McDermott?

On the other hand there is:

Sammy Lee,

The Unmentionable one,

Ricky Sbragia,

Chris Hutchings,

Chris Hughton is a good one. Probably the exception to the rule though.

• Backroom

With McDermott's recent sacking it's difficult to call him a success right now. He had short term success, but whether he'll become a decent manager depends on how his next appointments go.

Hughton is a good shout, he's done really well for himself. Proven at more than one club and didn't deserve to be sacked from Newcastle in the first place.

Bowyer reminds me of Hughton in the same way that there is a calm sense about the pair, i know people liked appys honesty but tbh what i have heard from Bowyer so far has been refreshing, he hardly beats around the bush himself does he!? Comes accross quite a clever chap who seems to think before opening his mouth.

No pressure on Gary to suceed really and i think that filters to the players as such, maybe why they seem to enjoy playing for him.

Bowyer showed alot of passion on the touchline today.

really pleasing to see and show how much he cares about BRFC and how well he wants to do.

article-2301158-18FEB3CB000005DC-738_634

Makes a change from seeing someone having a bald head and standing there like a lemon (nothing against bald people by the way).

I didn't expect fireworks today, but I did want fire. I thought playing JR as one up front was negative....he would be better with and is with CKR on the pitch......but then again I'm Rovers 800 hundredth manager of the season

presumably they wanted to ease CKR back in gently given we've a lot of games coming up again and he's just back from injury. I agree he's what we've been missing for the last couple of months - the guy who, when he decides to put a shift in, seems to link everything and get things going. I thought we saw a lot more energy and desire for the ball from most of the team yesterday. Nobody seems to remember that the team is sadly lacking in confidence and so doesn't have the reserves to fall back on that teams in good form have. When Utd go behind they always think they'll get back at least on level terms because their previous form shows they generally do. Seems to happen with most teams that have had relative success. When were we last consistently successful in terms of play, results or performances?

presumably they wanted to ease CKR back in gently given we've a lot of games coming up again and he's just back from injury. I agree he's what we've been missing for the last couple of months - the guy who, when he decides to put a shift in, seems to link everything and get things going. I thought we saw a lot more energy and desire for the ball from most of the team yesterday. Nobody seems to remember that the team is sadly lacking in confidence and so doesn't have the reserves to fall back on that teams in good form have. When Utd go behind they always think they'll get back at least on level terms because their previous form shows they generally do. Seems to happen with most teams that have had relative success. When were we last consistently successful in terms of play, results or performances?

Do we really need to bring up the 'A' word again? It only upsets people. ;)

Is any pattern emerging from the latter stages of last season as to the availability of certain players? I seem to remember Salgado wanting to forego a contract extension to help save us from relegation but not being allowed.

Are the purse strings being tightened (again) or am I being paranoid?

We are leaking goals (6 in the last two) yet Givet remains an unused substitute, for example.

Inclined to agree, Bryan.

Much like Berg and Appleton.

Maybe the players were fooled into thinking there would be a fresh start and then the usual fun and games continued in each case, and now - save one or two - have given up.

I wonder how long before rumours of accidental delays to wage payment start?

Is any pattern emerging from the latter stages of last season as to the availability of certain players? I seem to remember Salgado wanting to forego a contract extension to help save us from relegation but not being allowed.

Are the purse strings being tightened (again) or am I being paranoid?

We are leaking goals (6 in the last two) yet Givet remains an unused substitute, for example.

A huge mystery.

A motivated Givet could be THE difference.

Unfortunately, we haven't really seen Gael's real spirit since the stupid dismissal of Sam.

A huge mystery.

A motivated Givet could be THE difference.

Unfortunately, we haven't really seen Gael's real spirit since the stupid dismissal of Sam.

Fine.

But why put him on the bench? Stick him with the stiffs like Appleton did to Murphy.

Archived