BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Result predictions for the rest of the season?

Seeing as February flattered to deceive, and the season appears to be petering out into the damp squib most expected it to, what is our realistic aim for this month?

We surely have to try to get back into and consolidate a position in the top 10 for the end of the season at the very least? Can we do it?

As you can see the aim in April/May has shifted from trying to get into the top 10 to avoiding the drop. So will we do enough to keep ourselves in the top 21 come the end of the season??

We've just had a run that has seen us take 4 points from the last 24 on offer (8 games)

So what will we do in the last 7 games?

I think there is no hope but what the hell lets have some predictions anyway....

These are my predictions based on being ridiculously positve and assuming the law of averages means we must surely win one more game before the end of the season.......

April

Sheff Wed A - L

Derby H - D

Huddersfield H - W

Watford A - Heavy L

Millwall A - L

Palace H - D

May

Birmingham A - D

So that's just 6 points from 21 which is just as diabolical as the previous 8 matches. 10 points from the last 45 on offer!!!!!!!!!!! Come on, give us a break

Leaving us on 53 points

Result = Relegation

As you can see the aim in April/May has shifted from trying to get into the top 10 to avoiding the drop. So will we do enough to keep ourselves in the top 21 come the end of the season??

We've just had a run that has seen us take 4 points from the last 24 on offer (8 games)

So what will we do in the last 8 games?

I think there is no hope but what the hell lets have some predictions anyway....

These are my predictions based on being ridiculously positve and assuming the law of averages means we must surely win one more game before the end of the season.......

April

Cardiff A - Heavy L

Sheff Wed A - L

Derby H - D

Huddersfield H - W

Watford A - Heavy L

Millwall A - L

Palace H - D

May

Birmingham A - D

So that's just 6 points from 24 which is just as diabolical as the previous 8 matches. 10 points from the last 48 on offer!!!!!!!!!!!

Leaving us on 53 points

Result = Relegation

Sheff W - D

Derby - W

Hudds - L

Watford - L

Millwall - D

Palace - L

Brum - D

6 points from 7 = 53 points = hoping teams around us pick up less points.

Other teams predictions:

Peterborough:

Boro - W

Hudds - L

Watford - W

Brighton - L

Derby - D

Sheff W - W

Palace - L

= 10 points = 55

Hudds:

Bolton - L

Peterb - W

Wolves - D

Blackburn - W

Millwall: D

Bristol C: L

Barnsley: D

= 9 points from 7 = 56

Sheff W:

Blackburn - D

Millwall - W

Leeds - L

Blackpool - D

Ipswich - D

Peterb - L

Boro - W

= 9 points = 56

Barnsley:

Palace - D

Cardiff - L

Charlton - W

Derby - W

Forest - L

Hull - L

Hudds - D

= 8 points = 53

Wolves:

Bolton - L

Hudds - D

Hull - L

Charlton - W

Burnley - W

Brighton - L

= 7 points = 55 points

From my calculations, that Hudds match is crucial. They beat us then we are down. We beat them then they would struggle to catch us.

Bristol and Barnsley will go I think. Gotta hope and pray my predictions for Peterb and Hudds for tomorrow night are wrong which could lower the points target.

My predictions for todays matches in the relegation thread unfortunately came true. Barnsley, Wolves, and Blackpool all won as predicted. Sheff W drew when i predicted they would lose. Really hope my predictions for the rest of the season are wrong.

From my calculations, that Hudds match is crucial. They beat us then we are down. We beat them then they would struggle to catch us.

Bristol and Barnsley will go I think. Gotta hope and pray my predictions for Peterb and Hudds for tomorrow night are wrong which could lower the points target.

My predictions for todays matches in the relegation thread unfortunately came true. Barnsley, Wolves, and Blackpool all won as predicted. Sheff W drew when i predicted they would lose. Really hope my predictions for the rest of the season are wrong.

Let me give you a clue what i'm thinking......we are joint favourites to win the Northern Section of the Johnstones's Paints Trophy-lets hope we avoid Rochdale on the way to the final.

Just waded through all the remaining games on that BBC predictor,and whilst I appreciate it is a completely pointless exercise, for what it's worth, we finished in 20th on 53 points. Unfortunately that was Just 18 points outside the play offs.

NB: In my calculations I decided to play Jordan Rhodes, the third highest scorer in the division and our highest scorer by a country mile. I also decided against playing Danny Murphy as he's nothing short of a liability and so far past his sell by date he smells.

• Backroom

April

Sheff Wed A - L

Derby H - W

Huddersfield H - D

Watford A - L

Millwall A - L

Palace H - D

May

Birmingham A - D

Relegated

Unless someone somehow galvanises the squad now, instils some organisation, discipline and self belief, I can't see us winning another game TBH.

Anybody who thinks differently, can I have some of what you're on.

You just know so much is gonna be riding on the Huddersfield game, and the keans running our club will probably allocate them about 5000 tickets...

Give em 8k if they can sell em, we'll need the money soon.

Bit of fun, I know but doesn't half focus your attention if that was necessary.

I got us surviving by a point on 55 pts. Blackpool and Huddersfield on 54 pts and Bristol City by a country mile being relegated.

Focuses the attention that must win or not lose games are Sheffield Wed, Huddersfield and Birmingham.

A lot still to play for if we can get our sh1t together. Big if though!

Our last 4 games are a nightmare.

I think we need to beat both Sheff Weds and Huddersfield, and possibly need another draw.

Anything less and we're going to need snookers!

I don't think there's any point in the predictor for championship games. It doesn't matter who plays who, any outcome is possible. No result in the championship surprises me. If, for example, Reading had beaten Man Utd at Old Trafford in the premiership, that would be a major shock. Peterborough beating Cardiff home and away was not a shock.

Archived