BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Investigate or we'll publish Blackburn Rovers findings, warns Mullan

The "brag-bashing" probably wouldn't annoy you so much if you didn't choose to comment every single time someone mentions them.

Like you I am free to choose. And the thread was underway before I said anything, Notice that?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tbf to the resident perve hes been saying your not a fan if you go to games .

"super fans" is his latest n greatest.

Maj asked a valid question. Why aren't you and your usual cohorts quick to answer this one?

Spot on! What a fine job this PR company is doing! Kind of Captain Mainwaring with a baseball bat...

Isn't there some marketing B/S about building customers' engagement with the brand?.."Sporting Intelligence worst owners" award, Berg shambles, North Korea, Agnew's ridiculous deflection of LT questions( actually I am really him).Well, must do better....Maybe there is a new module on their marketing course..."Bullying customers towards brand loyalty."

To BRAG I say Keep up the good work. Anyone, who has worked to uncover abuse knows that the closer you get to the dark secret, the more extreme the defensive behaviour.

Leonard Venkhater

To BRAG I say Keep up the good work. Anyone, who has worked to uncover abuse knows that the closer you get to the dark secret, the more extreme the defensive behaviour.

Leonard Venkhater

Precisely. I have not worked under cover but the level of defensive bs going on at the moment couldn't make me more certain that BRFCAG are getting very close to some extremely dirty business.

Leonard Venkhater

Precisely. I have not worked under cover but the level of defensive bs going on at the moment couldn't make me more certain that BRFCAG are getting very close to some extremely dirty business.

Philip, I fully support what BRAG are doing, it's hard and generally thankless, but it's stuff that needs to be done.

There is, however, a time when they have to produce the goods, especially when the powers that be, are prevaricating.

For me, that time is now.

This issue is still in peoples minds, it's still current. It can't be left for too much longer as it becomes old news and loses it's relevance.

If it comes out now, there's a chance that the start of the13/14 season will be normal.

We cannot allow chaos to reign during a season (though some may say it's been happening).

• Backroom

As much as I am thankful to BRAG for their hard work behind the scenes (as well as giving me a chance to see Tugay again as a birthday treat - couldn't afford the playing price, mind :P ), the fact is there is a rapidly approaching invisible line. Before that line arrives, they simply MUST start revealing what they claimed they were going to publish. Or else their credibility will suffer hits similar to when their statements were poorly worded.

The season has ended. The dust has settled and we don't have to worry about 'results' just yet. Administration or not, Venkys need outing and BRAG APPEAR to be in prime position to do this (especially with the Rovers Trust and Seneca apparently ready to make an offer once administration hits).

Don't let your credibility take another hit after you appear to have turned it round BRAG. You (and possibly Rovers) cannot afford it. A couple of cards must fall from your chest soon or you'll simply lose the trust of many fans (reasonable or otherwise).

Why MUST they? Surely they must decide whether or not to release info and when? Isn't it their info?

What have the people urging them to release what they know done to help them?

They've generally been given a hard time one here and owe us nothing imo.

Quite simply, 47er, the longer this goes on, the less relevance it has to the powers that be.

What's the point of having a shed load of information if you are not going to use it?

Timing is the issue, but it can't be left too long.

Why MUST they? Surely they must decide whether or not to release info and when? Isn't it their info?

It's a matter of public interest, is it not?

I doubt they've got anything worth disclosing, tbh. Otherwise I see no reason for them keeping it back.

It's a matter of public interest, is it not?

I doubt they've got anything worth disclosing, tbh. Otherwise I see no reason for them keeping it back.

That's were you and I disagree.

Yes, it's of public interest, but more importantly, it's of vital interest to the Rovers.

I'd suggest they do have information that could (hopefully) change football administration in England if not the world.

Big statement, yes, but something needs to change, wouldn't you think?

It has to be put out there.

• Backroom

Because if they do not, they will have gone back on a promise. You may say better late than never, but that article gave the impression of revealing what they know before the start of next season (how hard can it be for the FA to say yay or nay to an investigation?).

As soon as that article was entered into the public domain, their information became a matter of public interest. A lot of people don't trust them and these people should not be given further reason or else BRAG's work becomes utterly pointless. Whatever their info is, they need the backing of the fans.

Instead of whinging about what we've done 'to help Brag' (which is a change of goalposts from 'what've you done to help the club?', since many have pledged or become involved in/members of the Rovers Trust), why not give us something? From what is publicly known, they either have a watertight case or a lot of hot air or somewhere inbetween. They need the people on their side if they are to succeed.

They could easliy become a Nick Clegg type of figure if they are not careful. He said all the right things for a couple of months and look at him now. Hated by many.

Because if they do not, they will have gone back on a promise. You may say better late than never, but that article gave the impression of revealing what they know before the start of next season (how hard can it be for the FA to say yay or nay to an investigation?).

As soon as that article was entered into the public domain, their information became a matter of public interest. A lot of people don't trust them and these people should not be given further reason or else BRAG's work becomes utterly pointless. Whatever their info is, they need the backing of the fans.

Instead of whinging about what we've done 'to help Brag' (which is a change of goalposts from 'what've you done to help the club?', since many have pledged or become involved in/members of the Rovers Trust), why not give us something? From what is publicly known, they either have a watertight case or a lot of hot air or somewhere inbetween. They need the people on their side if they are to succeed.

They could easliy become a Nick Clegg type of figure if they are not careful. He said all the right things for a couple of months and look at him now. Hated by many.

It is a month ago that the threat of investigate or we will publish was made. Question has to be, how long do you wait. The season has finished. So the call for doing it now, is understandable.

• Backroom

I thought the FA had already said there would be no investigation.

They want to be presented with an open and shut case.

In that case, BRAG: Uphold your promise.

If I were BRFCAG, I would sit tight just at the moment.

I am enormously suspicious of the FA and believe they are trying to do anything except mount a proper investigation because they have been leaned on incredibly heavily from Zurich but there is a meeting coming up and the authorities are learning that Rovers do not have an ordinary bunch of fans whom can be casually ignored at will.

They are hated by many as it is and I suspect they always will be. A bit rich for Topman to be telling them what they should be doing and when! And since you believe they have nothing worth disclosing there's nothing for him to bother about is there?

Dave, I appreciate your sentiments but we have no choice but to trust them as to the optimum time to act. Having spent so much time, effort and money gathering it, they are hardly likely to hang on to it for the sake of it are they?

Darrenermike its not the start of the next season yet! So accusations of broken promises(if accurate) are premature.

Please, Philip, don't overstate our position.

We are a small town club that can be dismissed with a fly swat.

What we have to have is definitive proof of wrong doing. We either have it or we don't.

So, it's put up or ..........

As much as I am thankful to BRAG for their hard work behind the scenes (as well as giving me a chance to see Tugay again as a birthday treat - couldn't afford the playing price, mind :P ), the fact is there is a rapidly approaching invisible line. Before that line arrives, they simply MUST start revealing what they claimed they were going to publish. Or else their credibility will suffer hits similar to when their statements were poorly worded.

The season has ended. The dust has settled and we don't have to worry about 'results' just yet. Administration or not, Venkys need outing and BRAG APPEAR to be in prime position to do this (especially with the Rovers Trust and Seneca apparently ready to make an offer once administration hits).

Don't let your credibility take another hit after you appear to have turned it round BRAG. You (and possibly Rovers) cannot afford it. A couple of cards must fall from your chest soon or you'll simply lose the trust of many fans (reasonable or otherwise).

Do we need a discussion about what Administration actually means and what it could involve?? People throw it around as a form of escapism with the expectation that either the Trust/Seneca or both will suddenly spring into life and buy the Club and all our problems are ended.

I personally don't know enough about what it entails -i am sure a number on here can spell it out-but from my limited understanding it frightens the life out of me and just because Pompey fans Trust bought their Club our situation could be massively different.To the best of anyone's knowledge have the Trust raised (or needed to raise) any real money yet and how much would that be when push comes to shove and fans are asked to cough up .Will the size of our problem not mean mega millions are required to then buy it?

Somebody with better brains than me on the matter please answer this.

It is a month ago that the threat of investigate or we will publish was made. Question has to be, how long do you wait. The season has finished. So the call for doing it now, is understandable.

But when it comes from those who have continually slagged them off, it doesn' t carry any weight.

• Backroom

But when it comes from those who have continually slagged them off, it doesn' t carry any weight.

And when it comes from people who back them, such as myself?

Please, Philip, don't overstate our position.

We are a small town club that can be dismissed with a fly swat.

What we have to have is definitive proof of wrong doing. We either have it or we don't.

So, it's put up or ..........

Did BRAG not say that the gathering of evidence was being inhibited due to the cost, which they were trying to meet personally.

Did they not ask for help with these costs?

Who helped?

Who just continue to slag 'em off?

And when it comes from people who back them, such as myself?

Ultimately its up to their members. If you think they've got it wrong, join them and tell them.

After all everytime they are quoted in the media there's a Keanload of posts along the lines of "how dare they purport to speak for me?"

Did BRAG not say that the gathering of evidence was being inhibited due to the cost, which they were trying to meet personally.

Did they not ask for help with these costs?

Who helped?

Who just continue to slag 'em off?

Cost or not, they said they had "information". Presumably their costs had been met.

Maybe they did ask for help. So?

Who helped? Ask them.

"Who just continue to slag them off" Sorry, doesn't make sense. I'm not "slagging " them off, I'm just asking for them to make their information public to put pressure on the FA et al.

So all the usual "boycotters from dahn sarf " (or do nowters) are up in arms because nothing has been published.....i will give you a clue , read the article on page 1. If you would like a calander im sure if you google one it will tell you we are still in may, seven days in fact. ITS NOT JUNE YET.

“But if the FA don’t investigate then at the start of June we will start putting things out there in the public domain"

Archived