BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Investigate or we'll publish Blackburn Rovers findings, warns Mullan

I think I recall earlier in the season some party (could have been BRAG) having a meeting with Shagnew and posting on BRFCS that financially, it was sh1t or bust this season (promotion imperative).

Well if the speculation is correct, I would start running for cover.

You're right. I can't remember who but it was definetely said publicly. The likely hard truth is the financial position will be truly breathtaking:

Last accounts loss of around 20m

Rumoured to be losing 25m this season.

Parachute payments likely to have been mortgaged

Balance sheet losses inevitable when the likes of Murphy and Ethutu leave, probably for free.

Potential cost of paying up player contracts to get rid of them

I have no information but I'd happily wager current debt and future liability stands at 80-100m today.

Two solutions in my personal view, promotion or administration. This season probably was sh!t or bust, though it didn't need to be

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now is the time to "tell all".

Nothing is going to be gained from holding back, nothing is going to be gained from waiting for the FA/PL to do something.

Time to put people on the spot, whether it be Venkys, the FA/PL or our own ITK'ers.

Let a line be drawn in the sand as to where the Rovers are going.

This cannot go on any longer.

I have no information but I'd happily wager current debt and future liability stands at 80-100 million today. Two solutions in my personal view, promotion or administration. This season probably was sh!t or bust, though it didn't need to be

If that turned out to be correct it would be the death knell for a club our size.

Under the trust we operated at a debt level that was sustainable with the odd player sale here and there,sustainable so long as we stayed in the Premierleague...this lot have very probably let matters spiral totally out of control on the financial side.

Would not surprise one iota. :glare:

I think I recall earlier in the season some party (could have been BRAG) having a meeting with Shagnew and posting on BRFCS that financially, it was sh1t or bust this season (promotion imperative).

Well if the speculation is correct, I would start running for cover.

15th August 2013, Present: Paul Agnew, Derek Shaw, Jack Straw, Glen Mullan, Myself and Andy Woods. The comment referred to was made by Paul Agnew.

Can anyone really see us getting promoted next season? There is so much wrong with the club at so many different levels I can't see us being challengers. If the financial situation is as bad as being discussed then failure to get promoted next season could have huge financial ramifications, possibly ones that the club will never recover from.

Can anyone really see us getting promoted next season? There is so much wrong with the club at so many different levels I can't see us being challengers. If the financial situation is as bad as being discussed then failure to get promoted next season could have huge financial ramifications, possibly ones that the club will never recover from.

It's like rocking up to run in the national on a donkey knowing that you need the 1st place prize money to save your sorry ass.

The massive chance was to get promoted this season using the slight advantage of the parachute money and keeping a big squad together on Prem wages. As we know they blew it to kingdom come. Next season with the clubs coming down highly likely to be contesting the top spots to go up again with even more parachute money and the teams who miss out this season probably continuing their good work it's an almost impossible task even without the farce that is Venkys. They've blown it good style and it will be more of the same next season. No faith whatsoever. Having said that i don't quite know what to make of QPR, they look like they could either do really well or implode. Fernandes is a loose cannon waiting to go off i reckon.

What Jack built has already been thrown away sadly, what BRAG are trying to do is secure the clubs future by getting rid of these idiots that are intent on ruining what we have left of Jacks legacy.

I support them %110 and if that means starting again then so be it, but we need Venkys out of the club sooner rather than later.

Can I ask what exactly BRAG have achieved in getting rid of the Venkys? What are they currently doing to ensure this outcome is achieved?

I'm not asking to cause an argument I'm asking as I like you would like them out but I don't have the same faith as you do that they will achieve this. But my will for them to leave means I'm open to persuasion if you can persuade me why what they are doing/planning is going to ensure this?

Guest Norbert

Don't give the FA and Kentaro a heads up, just publish the dodgy business as soon as you can without getting sued.

• Moderation Lead

Get it out there and it will spread like wildfire.

They can't sue everyone.

These horrible bell whiffs, Anderson in particular, need bringing to justice.

Can I ask what exactly BRAG have achieved in getting rid of the Venkys? What are they currently doing to ensure this outcome is achieved?

I'm not asking to cause an argument I'm asking as I like you would like them out but I don't have the same faith as you do that they will achieve this. But my will for them to leave means I'm open to persuasion if you can persuade me why what they are doing/planning is going to ensure this?

Bloody ell Maj, didn't you know they organised the legends match... :). Really making venkys pay for the hell they put us through.

Get it out there and it will spread like wildfire.

They can't sue everyone.

These horrible bell whiffs, Anderson in particular, need bringing to justice.

a mass release from all the world at the same time

I too have lost track of the aims of BRAG: Kean Out, "Communication", community touchy-feely stuff. Can't help but think there has been a touch of mission creep away from the goal all of us want which is responsible owners

A bit low to use a charity game to have a swipe at BRFCAG.

Not really...this kind of stuff goes on all the time at all clubs for charity, I just find it distasteful that they use "charity" to keep themselves in existence.....They should be defunct.

Don't ask perfectly rational questions, Maj. Instead, just ask yourself... What are YOU doing for the club?

Archived