BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Investigate or we'll publish Blackburn Rovers findings, warns Mullan

We demand the truth.

Only with Ewood thoroughly fumigated of parasites can we begin to rebuild our great club. Anything else is delusion.

I sincerely hope that this issue isn't going to fade away. BRAG will have to make up their own minds as to whether they are being stalled by the FA or not, and how long to let such a situation drag on.

Tick tock indeed.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honest to gods, I can't see Rovers going bust. Wallowing in the lower leagues, a shadow of our former selves? Maybe. But liquidation? I'm not sure it would come to that.

What if - as is the likelihood - the only losers are Rovers? With not a single agent or FA/PL official feeling any negative impact and no rule changes.

What if a bunch of imbeciles have over extended the club and spent money legally and foolishly, and in leaving they leave a carcass to limp into non-league?

Still bust?

Stuart, Stuart, Stuart..........

What I want is a football club that exists for the sole reason of being the best it can on the field. It should be a club that is there for the pleasure of the fans, but it should run by people that would give their right arm to making it a club that succeeds by treating it's fans, players with the utmost respect. It needs to be clever in the way it works, but it also needs to attract people by it's reputation and honesty. ....... You know - exactly what this club has been for as long as it's existed, - until this crew arrived.

Survival by lies cannot ever work, in any way of life.

very good point there DE. Jack set up a stable well run outfit and wanted it to continue along those lines.

VENKYS, see what you have done. Taken something that was established, well run, for over a decade, and with your ineptitude, stuffed it in a quarter of the time.

Your father would have realised that it takes time to establish and grow a business, and you in your eagerness to be noticed or even wanted have gone and blown your chance.

Get out now, whilst there is some semblence of value in the club. BRFC has just managed to avoid another relegation under your stewardship, is next season going to follow the second season fall?

Get out, begone and leave us to clean up your mess.

While not disagreeing with the thrust of the discussion, I think we are re-writing history a bit here. We were a stable well-run club before Jack got involved; he set up a very heavily leveraged club and wanted it to be self-financing, but even a top businessman like him did not achieve that. Except for a couple of years where we got by selling the Hughes windfall we ran up substantial operating losses.

What Venky's have done is awful but, surprisingly, not unique. Look at Wolves. I see Pompey got relegated again yesterday. You'd think all that cumulative Premiership money would make the beneficiaries immune from such collapses but apparently not. I bet the bottom half of the current premiership are all only one bad owner away from disaster.

How many clubs have actually disappeared form the scene with no trace? A number appeared to be bankrupt and without hope but someone or other always worked out some deal in the end. A small number have been bankrupted only to reappear within a few days as something not quite the same but very close, the most prominent being Rangers

There will be a lot of clubs disappearing before we do and the chances of that seem very remote.

Honest to gods, I can't see Rovers going bust. Wallowing in the lower leagues, a shadow of our former selves? Maybe. But liquidation? I'm not sure it would come to that.

What do you think happens to a business when it can't pay it's debts? If venkys left, who would pay the wages?

Stuart, Stuart, Stuart..........

What I want is a football club that exists for the sole reason of being the best it can on the field. It should be a club that is there for the pleasure of the fans, but it should run by people that would give their right arm to making it a club that succeeds by treating it's fans, players with the utmost respect. It needs to be clever in the way it works, but it also needs to attract people by it's reputation and honesty. ....... You know - exactly what this club has been for as long as it's existed, - until this crew arrived.

Survival by lies cannot ever work, in any way of life.

Fair enough den.

However, there are still a lot of Rovers fans who would rather Venkys stayed because they are (allegedly) paying the bills.

"Lesser of two evils", "The greater good", "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water".

Choose your cliché/poison.

Fair enough den.

However, there are still a lot of Rovers fans who would rather Venkys stayed because they are (allegedly) paying the bills.

"Lesser of two evils", "The greater good", "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water".

Choose your cliché/poison.

Here's another cliche " You can't build a house on sand ", that's what we're doing at the moment.

Here's another cliche " You can't build a house on sand ", that's what we're doing at the moment.

No but I suspect you can build a Premier League on it.

Out of playing cards.

Actually you can build a house on sand. It's just that you have to be prepared to take the consequences when it rains or the sands shift for whatever reason. Are we? Well, I'd take most people as owners over Venkys any day. I'd just like to know that we are as clean as possible from top to bottom, whatever the consequences. If it's going out of business then that will be very hard, and I can understand if you don't think that's an acceptable price to pay, but I think it might have to be something we lay ourselves open to and just hope for the best.

Thanks for the cheque for £100m bud.

How do we pay the stadium bills wallowing in the lower leagues?

• Backroom

How do we pay the stadium bills wallowing in the lower leagues?

Shut off the JW stand? Will still look decent on tv but closes the stand which would require the most attention.

we were pretty stable and well run for at least a decade before Jack came along, usually punching above weight under Saxton/Mackay

Compare with all our Lancs neighbours who had spells in the 4th Division

don't underestimate how well the club was stewarded in that period

It's very likely that without the financial help provided by Uncle Jack the season before he took over which resulted in the signings of Dobson and Livingston we would have been relegated.

We did great before JW took over but let us remember how close we came to potential disaster by not paying bills.

What do you think happens to a business when it can't pay it's debts? If venkys left, who would pay the wages?

If venkys put the club up for sale, nobody knows who would be interested or was able to afford to buy the club or how much it would cost. We can only speculate. Just because there was not much interest last time the club was on the market, does not men that would be the same today. Times change and folk change.

What is not speculation is that venkys are probable the worse football club owners this game has ever heard of. They are an embarrassment to the game, their country and even themselves. They have also shown how pathetic the fit and proper ownership test is and how pathetic are the FA and Premier league.

I think I recall earlier in the season some party (could have been BRAG) having a meeting with Shagnew and posting on BRFCS that financially, it was sh1t or bust this season (promotion imperative).

Well if the speculation is correct, I would start running for cover.

• Backroom

we were pretty stable and well run for at least a decade before Jack came along, usually punching above weight under Saxton/Mackay

Compare with all our Lancs neighbours who had spells in the 4th Division

don't underestimate how well the club was stewarded in that period

Not really so much the point I was making. Jack made us into a club that could sustain a stable future in the Premier League, something that wouldn't have been possible IMO had he not put his cash into the club.

Personally I don't want to see everything Jack built thrown down the toilet. However - the question was asked without preference - what are BRAG's aims with these revelations ? When we were a Premiership club we had a chance that someone would buy us - now there is no chance that anyone would offer the Venky's enough money to willingly go. Do BRAG want to force Venky's to sell to the Trust - or the two Ians - or have they not thought that far ahead ? I am just genuinely curious.

What Jack built has already been thrown away sadly, what BRAG are trying to do is secure the clubs future by getting rid of these idiots that are intent on ruining what we have left of Jacks legacy.

I support them %110 and if that means starting again then so be it, but we need Venkys out of the club sooner rather than later.

If venkys put the club up for sale, nobody knows who would be interested or was able to afford to buy the club or how much it would cost. We can only speculate. Just because there was not much interest last time the club was on the market, does not men that would be the same today. Times change and folk change.

What is not speculation is that venkys are probable the worse football club owners this game has ever heard of. They are an embarrassment to the game, their country and even themselves. They have also shown how pathetic the fit and proper ownership test is and how pathetic are the FA and Premier league.

Nobody in their right mind would take on Murphys, Etuhu and the largest long term wage bill in the division, and also pay a fee for the club that wankys will want. The club will need to go into administration beforehand and god knows what the administrators would find....

"And one day, when the full story of Steve Kean's managerial reign and
the agent Jerome Anderson's involvement at Ewood Park is told, as it
must be, Blackburn supporters will be owed many an apology."

I know this is a really old article, but I stumbled upon it somewhere and the quote I took out has been bothering me. Jolly's a great reporter, and has been one of the best covering our plight, so I wonder what he knows.

Archived