BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Investigate or we'll publish Blackburn Rovers findings, warns Mullan

Gav haven't they gone and revealed who they are publicly to now go and try and hide their tracks, come on Gav.

Exactly right. It it was possible to publish this and not face a huge legal fight after, am sure it would have been done. A court injunction exists preventing it and that speaks volumes. If said person had nothing to hide, why would he bother preventing this from being published> It is very frustrating for everyone involved no doubt. but unfortunately, that's how it is at the minute.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can post anything on a website from a public computer, create your own website, taking precautions of course, and get it posted. It may get shut down, just do the same process again until the story gets picked up by the press and they'll find a way around any court order you can be assured of that.

Just because people have claims to the document doesn't mean someone can't steal it or photocopy it and post it in the public domain.

Come on people, its about have some balls, or maybe its just not worth it as the content isn't worth publishing, or maybe the keepers feel their day will come and best to sit tight for now.

When I see this thread title ''Investigate or we'll publish...'' I don't know whether to laugh or cry, but what I do know that I still know feck all about what was alledgedly discovered

Im still laughing at the suggestion of sending it in an unmarked package to the American Embassy. Better not get any fingerprints on it!

Did we not have a statement just a couple of weeks ago from its main compiler ("The Welder's Mate"?) that "The Dossier" coontained no actual evidence of anything illegal?

Im still laughing at the suggestion of sending it in an unmarked package to the American Embassy. Better not get any fingerprints on it!

Did we not have a statement just a couple of weeks ago from its main compiler ("The Welder's Mate"?) that "The Dossier" coontained no actual evidence of anything illegal?

Exactly. "No smoking gun" and no evidence of criminal activity were how Glen described it I think.

I thought we'd all pretty much agreed that whatever went on, it was less criminal activity and more the Rao family being taken for an expensive ride by a whole bunch of people who knew there was a game on.

As for the supporters trust, we are still here. There's not a lot going on since it's a long close season and we all have pretty busy lives. Anyone who has free time and would like to get involved should get in touch. We can always use fresh impetus and ideas.

Given the huge amounts of time and effort that have been spent on this since 2012, I personally am just grateful that Blackburn Rovers has a supporters trust that is highly knowledgeable, well connected and remains ready to act if needed.

The latest rule change by the Football League to give supporters trusts a better chance of taking over their club is another step in the right direction. Football supporters trusts are acting as one voice in lobbying for change and we are a part of that. It a growing national movement and is becoming increasingly influential - and listened to.

One thing we have learnt since we set up the Rovers Trust is just how few Rovers fans see it as important or want to be actively involved. That's OK, but it also means less gets done than might otherwise be possible. No criticism of anyone, just a fact of life.

It was in one of the other threads. That doesn't preclude of course the possibility that breaches of FA or PL regulations might or might not have taken place, although I'm assuming that as no action was ever taken by the Authorities no hard evidence is available of that either.

I'm sure the powers that be would have been all over any actual proof that the money to buy the Club didn't come from the owners for example. However, the "fit and proper person" test is only an examination to see if someone is who they say they are and that they are on the face of it legitimate enough to run a football Club. It doesn't form any sort of guarantee whatsoever that they'll make a good job of it after taking over or that they won't make an absolute Horlicks of it as ours have (imo).

In much the same way on a smaller scale if you pass a CRB check then that shows you're of good enough standing to be considered for a job but is in no way an endorsement of your capabilities to do it.

You have to pay for any useful info !

ah! the beta version, free for a month.

Clearly shows the debt to be Just less than £30 million with £85 million of shares owned by the company

part of the £30 million debt is a £5 million loan,

so if they pull the plug as some think, the debt is £30 million

Everything then hinges on the owners attitude to the debt. If ( and it's a big if) they're prepared to write off their proportion of the debt then the external debt is only c10m more than when the Walker Trust were in charge of the Club.

Just shows even more how important it is to get a decent manager in and try to secure promotion asap before they change their mind or tire of continually converting huge chunks of debt into equity.

Does anyone really need to see a 'dossier' to know and understand there were shady dealings going on at the club for a sustained period?

We know the gist of it anyway. Untold millions and millions of pounds waxed by the club and its owners, a myriad of beneficiaries in the free for all with no loyalty or lasting interest in the club, facilitated through ineptitude, stupidity, negligence and naiviety. Once involved, those in charge could only sit back without a voice as the carnage unfolded in front of them, stymied by their own decisions and choices, implicit in their own destruction due to their over-riding greed. Twenty years of investment and infrastructure destroyed in three short years and a number of newly rich millionaires laughing their heads off as chickens invaded the pitch.

Countless decisions taken in the best interests of individuals rather than the club, resulting in every aspect of club standing and performance being downgraded. From Brazil to Portugal; from Switzerland to Scotland; from Drink Driving to Missing Dogs; Salgado can't play, Samba won't play; Emo needs to leave asap, Nzonzi's had him up against the wall; MGP and Dunn get new contracts (but no relegation clause); Bergs ok with 2 million in his back sack; Degsy plods on his reputation in ruins, programme editor laughing as his dreams came true, Nelsen aint fit, unless in a Spurs shirt; a million Portugese and Bruno, Bruno, Bruno at last gets a game; Tosser Goodwillie up in court, Givet's sloshed driving home; managers come and managers go, the Rovers terminal decline continues unabated.

But the very best of all, the supremely delicious irony of the 'man that made that tackle' also being signed on. :) What a cheek! More front than Blackpool these folk. I bet that in particular drove the owners absolutely bonkers when they finally caught on.

(As an aside didn't the Yak do fabulously well for us in and amongst all that turmoil and deceipt? Just kept his head down and did what he does. Some very good goals in amongst them all as well).

Sorry but is the 'suporters trust' the same group as the ag/brag or is it a completely seperate group?

Separate group/entity. Although I understand that Glen Mullan is now secretary of the RoversTrust and no longer part of BRFCAG.

Separate group/entity. Although I understand that Glen Mullan is now secretary of the RoversTrust and no longer part of BRFCAG.

What are current aims of the Rovers trust? Do they have meetings plan with the Club? If there is will they be any minutes taken and publish for all Rovers fans to read?

I feel that Glen owes it to the board to at least tell us why this was never published. It's all well and good saying there was nothing in there that proved criminal activity (I haven't seen that post btw, could someone quote it here?), but so what? That doesn't mean there's nothing in there worth hearing. I expect the answer would be something like 'although nothing in there proves criminal activity, that very lack of proof is why we couldn't publish it, as the contents would then be libelous'. But I'd like to at least hear it from the horse's mouth. After all, we have here a 73 page topic on the very threat that this dossier would be published if nothing was investigated. With respect to those involved, who I am sure have put time and effort that I possibly can't match into bettering the club, I feel that unless I'm missing something it shows a lack of testicular fortitude to not follow through on this, and an even greater one by far to not explain why. So please do.

just to add another little theory or 2 to the mix, maybe some of the contents weren't acquired in a totally legit way,

Also it think maybe now some of the people with access to the files don't want to be seen rocking the boat with brfc anymore for various reasons(ie. they may like to work with or for the club in someway so they don't want to burn anymore bridges)

There was a letter published by Nick Harris giving direct evidence of activities in breach of PL rules at Rovers very early on in Venkys tenure. The FA & PL did sod all about it.

There was a letter published by Nick Harris giving direct evidence of activities in breach of PL rules at Rovers very early on in Venkys tenure. The FA & PL did sod all about it.

Is that letter still available?

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/01/15/revealed-the-letter-that-exposes-the-history-of-blackburn-rovers-crisis-150102/

The last paragraph of the letter shows that Venkys had given permission to an agent to sign players on behalf of Rovers, without the knowledge of the club board.

How interesting is that statement that the owner of Formica was linked to an investment vehicle, in the British Virgin Islands? That was certainly the start of the third party ownership plan that the agents and hangers on had in mind for us.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/01/15/revealed-the-letter-that-exposes-the-history-of-blackburn-rovers-crisis-150102/

The last paragraph of the letter shows that Venkys had given permission to an agent to sign players on behalf of Rovers, without the knowledge of the club board.

Reading the Williams et al letter again still makes me feel angry. It's also a stark reminder that the Raos judgement is not to be trusted IMHO.

Reading the Williams et al letter again still makes me feel angry. It's also a stark reminder that the Raos judgement is not to be trusted IMHO.

Charlatans every last one of them..

The fact that the dosier was not made public, sent to the FA and not the FBI and certain key players being bought of with non disclosure agreements, it looks like this could be the end of the Rovers

Archived