BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Investigate or we'll publish Blackburn Rovers findings, warns Mullan

• Moderation Lead

There simply can't be anything in there incriminating enough to take action imo, didn't Glen say most of the information was already in the public domain?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a letter published by Nick Harris giving direct evidence of activities in breach of PL rules at Rovers very early on in Venkys tenure. The FA & PL did sod all about it.

Unless I'm missing something there's nothing whatsoever in the Harris letter pointing to a breach of PL rules. As long as Venky's genuinely own the Club they can authorise whoever they want to conduct their transfer business. Would it have been more advisable to have left the Board at the time in charge of such matters Instead of with nothing worthwhile to do? Very probably.

My recollection is hazy but I was under the impression both Anderson and Rothschilds were brought in to try and find a buyer for the Club such was the general lack of interest and their keen-ness(such a word?) to offload.

That was my understanding, also. JA was hired by the Trust as an independent after Rothschilds had failed to find a buyer.

That was my understanding, also. JA was hired by the Trust as an independent after Rothschilds had failed to find a buyer.

Personally I think it much more likely that JW would have had the contact with Anderson rather than a bunch of estate lawyers in Jersey. I remember reading at the time an interview with JW where he said his main priority, while Tom Finn ran the club day-to-day, was the finding of a buyer.

Unless I'm missing something there's nothing whatsoever in the Harris letter pointing to a breach of PL rules. As long as Venky's genuinely own the Club they can authorise whoever they want to conduct their transfer business. Would it have been more advisable to have left the Board at the time in charge of such matters Instead of with nothing worthwhile to do? Very probably.

"Nothing whatsoever "?

An agent can represent the club IF the agreement is registered with the PL prior to any transfer dealings, given that the board of directors (the people registered to deal with the PL) where unaware I think you will find that that's breach 1, before you look at the comments about 3rd party ownership.

Make no mistake, if this had been Man U this would have been massive news.

"Nothing whatsoever "?

An agent can represent the club IF the agreement is registered with the PL prior to any transfer dealings, given that the board of directors (the people registered to deal with the PL) where unaware I think you will find that that's breach 1, before you look at the comments about 3rd party ownership.

Make no mistake, if this had been Man U this would have been massive news.

It is very strange that the premier league blocked the Formica deal twice. I have no access to the information, but they suspected that their was some form of third party ownership. Was this third party ownership, still there when he signed or did Boca Juniors buy him form the said third party, before the transfer? In my view Formica was the first player to be bought by us, with a view to offering the third party owners a window to display his talents and then be sold on at a profit. That would have opened the floodgate for plenty more. Fan power stopped it in the end and now Venky's are left owning the club, when all the really wanted was a third party to run the club, make them money and disappear. It all went badly wrong for them and they are now left with a problem!

That's lined up for a joke but I'm torn between 'doesn't have one' or 'doesn't need one'.

Ok, I'll go with the latter. :)

:lol:

Degsy has problems with fax machines when it suits !

or not !

WHAT FAN POWER?

Well it would appear that a certain agent and his client who became manager were given a hard time by some of the fans. So much so that one of them went on Sky TV and had a cry. The other eventually resigned as he was constantly harassed and booed by the fans. The pesky fans, also went to the trouble of flying a plane over the ground, letting their feelings be known, after they were banned from bringing banners into the stadium.

Of course these fans could have just sat back and let the rape of the club happen, indeed some did. Perhaps if the fans that did react, hadn't bothered, then things may have ended up even worse than they are. At least we managed to get rid of Kean and his agent. What we are left with isn't great, but we have owners by default in my view, as they were sold a promise that never happened. Tthat promise was a scam based on third party ownership,

Well it would appear that a certain agent and his client who became manager were given a hard time by some of the fans. So much so that one of them went on Sky TV and had a cry. The other eventually resigned as he was constantly harassed and booed by the fans. The pesky fans, also went to the trouble of flying a plane over the ground, letting their feelings be known, after they were banned from bringing banners into the stadium.

Of course these fans could have just sat back and let the rape of the club happen, indeed some did. Perhaps if the fans that did react, hadn't bothered, then things may have ended up even worse than they are. At least we managed to get rid of Kean and his agent. What we are left with isn't great, but we have owners by default in my view, as they were sold a promise that never happened. Tthat promise was a scam based on third party ownership,

The great football club swindle

Still doesn't explain why they are still neglecting to appoint a proper management structure and manager to rebuild.

Still doesn't explain why they are still neglecting to appoint a proper management structure and manager to rebuild.

purely a stab in the dark from me, however what if the business model they were sold involved them rubber stamping the decisions that a certain individual and/or organisation made on in the best interest of the football club said individual and/or organisation? ie. he/they who shall not be named and in the ensuing mess, culminating in relegation, realised that they had their pants pulled down, trusted nobody and now don't know which way to turn? The result being the club losing money hand over fist, them having to pump money in to keep the club afloat and left with a dead duck that they cannot sell because of some possible skeletons in the cupboard and the fact that they are £100m plus down

just a thought... :huh:

The great football club swindle

Filthy lucre ain't nothing new

But we all get cash from the chaos.

purely a stab in the dark from me, however what if the business model they were sold involved them rubber stamping the decisions that a certain individual and/or organisation made on in the best interest of the football club said individual and/or organisation? ie. he/they who shall not be named and in the ensuing mess, culminating in relegation, realised that they had their pants pulled down, trusted nobody and now don't know which way to turn? The result being the club losing money hand over fist, them having to pump money in to keep the club afloat and left with a dead duck that they cannot sell because of some possible skeletons in the cupboard and the fact that they are £100m plus down

just a thought... :huh:

They say if you've big enough balls that criminals are the best people to rob off. They can't go running to the authorities when you've scammed them.

Well if they thought they were buying a cash Cow and handed the the responsibility for running the club to someone else, who then failed in his mission and ran off, they may well feel very aggrieved.

The fans never forced either of them out of the club, that Scottish rat jumped before being pushed to make sure he got maximum pay off.

The fans played no part really, some tried, 99% sat back and allowed it to happen.

The fans never forced either of them out of the club, that Scottish rat jumped before being pushed to make sure he got maximum pay off.

The fans played no part really, some tried, 99% sat back and allowed it to happen.

99% sat back and allowed it to happen.

That is a bit over the top Gav, I don't think any of the supporters allowed it to happen

99% sat back and allowed it to happen.

That is a bit over the top Gav, I don't think any of the supporters allowed it to happen

Let's put it this way, had 1000 fans protested on marches, in the streets or on the pitch that rat would have been gone long before he packed it in.

But 100 marched tops, out of 15/17k!

Archived