BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Investigate or we'll publish Blackburn Rovers findings, warns Mullan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this apparent knowledge going to be used by the supporters trust?

I'm not sure what if any role the Rovers Trust still has to play. It started off well with some good people involved and making all the right noises.

However it now seems to be completely disengaged from its paying membership - the website is out of date with profiles of steering group people who haven't been involved for years, there was an AGM last summer which although I couldn't attend I'd expect to be able to read an agenda, minutes, actions, etc - but can't.

The last two emails I received were so much corporate style PR guff that they could have been written by a 1st year marketing student, and the most recent one announced that The Welder has appointed The Welder's Mate as Secretary, without any hint of consulting the membership about that.

The most recent thing of any substance on their website says that on 15-05-13, of 710 members who were eligible to vote, 136 (19%) bothered to do so and therefore a board was elected.

So there wasn't much engagement to start with, and now by bringing in the main element from BRAG some proportion of the original Trust supporters will have walked away. In that situation there's no chance of meeting the original idea, which was to unite Rovers fans behind a fantastic objective to such an extent we'd cough up big money when called upon to save the club.

Who's going to part with a 4 figure sum to that set up?

It's my understanding that they claimed to have looked into the dossiers and found no case to answer, no smoking gun. The team that presented said they thought a case was there, someone else claimed their wasn't anything illegal.

Now I can accept the opinion that they didn't look very hard, but we've been over this so many times and I don't see the FIFA stuff impacting on as.

I'd like nothing more than to see the fat dancer doing time, but I just can't see it, that ship sailed long ago a bit like they did, just under the radar sadly.

Glen told us at the time that the incriminating documents it was claimed had been stolen from its keeper for want of better wording.

Glen told us at the time that the incriminating documents it was claimed had been stolen from its keeper for want of better wording.

Actually prooving something you know is difficult and the legality of getting that proof in a civil case is even more difficult..

• Moderation Lead

Given that this threat was made two years ago, it's probably safe to say nothing will come of the dossier and its contents.

Regarding what Gav said 'small Northern club' I didn't take that offensively, I just figured he was trying to illustrate how the authorities would view us.....

you really are being pathetic, why don't you take a leaf out of abbeys book(it might do you good)

Keep going batty, more and more members are asking for your head

;)

Given that this threat was made two years ago, it's probably safe to say nothing will come of the dossier and its contents.

Regarding what Gav said 'small Northern club' I didn't take that offensively, I just figured he was trying to illustrate how the authorities would view us.....

You have edited what he wrote, We're Blackburn Rovers an relatively insignificant Championship club from Northern England,

I think the "insignificant" changes the tone somewhat.

The authorities may think like that, who knows, personally I think they have some skeletons that they don't want found.

In the meantime is not better to walk the walk and talk the talk. i.e. 11th best record in the history of English football and the most successful town football club on the planet.

• Moderation Lead

Keep going batty, more and more members are asking for your head

;)

You have edited what he wrote, We're Blackburn Rovers an relatively insignificant Championship club from Northern England,

I think the insignificant changes the tone somewhat.

The authorities may think like that, who knows, personally I think they have some skeletons that they don't want found.

In the meantime is not better to walk the walk and talk the talk. i.e. 11th best record in the history of English football and the most successful town football club on the planet.

Absolutely Yoda.

To be honest, I said it at the time that seemingly the PL couldn't wait for us to be relegated so they could wash their hands of us. Corruption in football isn't exclusive to FIFA, of that I'm certain!

From today, we can access 170 million company accounts via Company House. Venky's are there in glorious detail.

https://twitter.com/pjdunleavy/status/612984056066756608

You have to pay for any useful info !

ah! the beta version, free for a month.

Clearly shows the debt to be Just less than £30 million with £85 million of shares owned by the company

part of the £30 million debt is a £5 million loan,

so if they pull the plug as some think, the debt is £30 million

Perhaps that defence which was used to stimy publication will not be effective forever. For instance, if the person who shall not be named has at some point in the future no reputation to protect then all kinds of things follow....

I believe the reality is that incriminating documents exist and say what they do but they are blocked by Court action from being used publicly not because of any dispute over the accuracy of what they contain but because of the alleged way in which they were obtained.

Normally if something is stolen, a criminal charge follows. Strangely, I don't believe any charges were pressed in this case. I wonder why not???

You have to pay for any useful info !

ah! the beta version, free for a month.

Clearly shows the debt to be Just less than £30 million with £85 million of shares owned by the company

part of the £30 million debt is a £5 million loan,

so if they pull the plug as some think, the debt is £30 million

I would think that 30 mill will have risen quite a bit since the accounts. It'll certainly start a rapid rise after the parachutes so they'll have to be increasing that share capital again in the near future no doubt. God knows where that comes from, I hope that land price is still sky rocketing.

I would think that 30 mill will have risen quite a bit since the accounts. It'll certainly start a rapid rise after the parachutes so they'll have to be increasing that share capital again in the near future no doubt. God knows where that comes from, I hope that land price is still sky rocketing.

You may be correct, lets not forget that the Raos have previously turned debt into paid up shares though so they might do it again

Perhaps that defence which was used to stimy publication will not be effective forever. For instance, if the person who shall not be named has at some point in the future no reputation to protect then all kinds of things follow....

I believe the reality is that incriminating documents exist and say what they do but they are blocked by Court action from being used publicly not because of any dispute over the accuracy of what they contain but because of the alleged way in which they were obtained.

Normally if something is stolen, a criminal charge follows. Strangely, I don't believe any charges were pressed in this case. I wonder why not???

That's an interesting slant on it Philip. I am pretty sure that incrimination evidence does exist and the fact that someone has gone to the trouble of blocking them by taking court action speaks volumes. I think we can all guess who the person is who took the court action, as he knows only too well, that BIG trouble would follow, if it was published. It was a clever thing he did blocking it, being published, because it was stolen evidence and I would love it to find it's way in to the public domain. I am sure it eventually will.

so did anybody investigate? if not, when will things be revealed as per the title of the thread. Just asking, as im guessing things have changed since the OP of this thread

Absolutely no reason why it couldn't be published, anyone could do it if you know how to hide your tracks, its not difficult at all.

I have allot of time for Philip and the rest of the group that tried to get this looked into, but as someone who hasn't seen its contents I can only assume its not as incriminating as we were led to believe.

Just a thought.. You don't rock too many boats in football circles in case you want a job somewhere along the line (ask Mike Newell). As fairly prominent members of the Rovers Trust now (Chairman / Secretary) and maybe in a position to have a hand in running the club if the Raos do one and the Trust have to rescue us, it wouldn't be wise for the main protagonists of the "dossier" to start pissing on people's chips again.

Absolutely no reason why it couldn't be published, anyone could do it if you know how to hide your tracks, its not difficult at all.

I have allot of time for Philip and the rest of the group that tried to get this looked into, but as someone who hasn't seen its contents I can only assume its not as incriminating as we were led to believe.

That sounds interesting, but if it was published in a newspaper for instance and their is a court injunction, banning it, then what? Someone will cop it, if it is put out in the public domain. The Ryan Giggs situation is a typical example of that.

Gav haven't they gone and revealed who they are publicly to now go and try and hide their tracks, come on Gav.

Archived