BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham vs Rovers

Lets hope Rovers can sell Scott Dann back to Birmingham for the use hes been and get a decent centre half in that would be a good starting point to rebuilding the first team.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets hope Rovers can sell Scott Dann back to Birmingham for the use hes been and get a decent centre half in that would be a good starting point to rebuilding the first team.

sell Dann??? what the hell are you on???

defo keep him. been good all season and pleased hes captain. his performance this season has been good. been our 2nd or 3rd best player for us

defo keep him. been good all season and pleased hes captain. his performance this season has been good. been our 2nd or 3rd best player for us

On your bike ! hes shyte !

Thank god we had Grant Hanley to pull him through.

do u ever go games???

Dann has been very good for us.

What league are we currently playing in chaddy and were are we in that league please !

Are you for real or just a junior blue ?

The fact that we have him as captain and leader perhaps shows why we are so spineless.

What league are we currently playing in chaddy and were are we in that league please !

Are you for real are just a kid ?

pathetic comment.

we are in this league position due to signings the wrong players in the summer and keep hiring the wrong managers.

only players we signed in the summer thats has performed is Rhodes, Sandomierski and CKR.

do u ever go games???

Dann has been very good for us.

Danns been in and out, probably good for 60% of the time which is a 95% improvement on last season but early season he was crap. To be fair it took time for the partnership with Hanley to grow. Not nearly commanding enough though and a ball watcher, to many times loosing his man especially from crosses / set peices.. If he ironed that out and got a bit more physical then he'd be very good but then he wouldn't be here. There's a reason this geezer ended up at Rovers for only a 1.5 mill down payment, it's because Brum were desperate to get him off the payroll and there were no other takers !

Danns been in and out, probably good for 60% of the time which is a 95% improvement on last season but early season he was crap. To be fair it took time for the partnership with Hanley to grow. Not nearly commanding enough though and a ball watcher, to many times loosing his man especially from crosses / set peices.. If he ironed that out and got a bit more physical then he'd be very good but then he wouldn't be here. There's a reason this geezer ended up at Rovers for only a 1.5 mill down payment, it's because Brum were desperate to get him off the payroll and there were no other takers !

Dann certainly knows how to get his head under the ball as it comes over the top of him. Good point about him consistantly losing his marker, lets not forget his lack of passing ability aswell. All round a duck egg, from the pool of duck heads football agency.

Who recommended him ? As he needs to be put on ignore if the club is to progress in future.

Still there is 80% of the squad I would rather boot out than Dann. He, and about six or seven others, are worth keeping barring a decent offer.

With the right manager he's a good player. Our full backs have been the main weak point of our defence this season, chopping and changing with weak players such as Orr, Henley, Morris, Lowe and the constantly sulking Olsson. And to be honest whilst excellent going forward, even Kane needs to improve defensively if he wants to play in the Premiership. By comparison Dann and Hanley have been fairly decent. There's also the point that along with Givet he's our only defender who's been there and done it at a higher level. It'd be a mistake to sell him in my opinion.

With the right manager he's a good player. Our full backs have been the main weak point of our defence this season, chopping and changing with weak players such as Orr, Henley, Morris, Lowe and the constantly sulking Olsson. And to be honest whilst excellent going forward, even Kane needs to improve defensively if he wants to play in the Premiership. By comparison Dann and Hanley have been fairly decent. There's also the point that along with Givet he's our only defender who's been there and done it at a higher level. It'd be a mistake to sell him in my opinion.

Would love to sit down and watch all the goals that Rovers have conceded this season see how much truth there is in that.

For now the transition seems to be an acceptance of a very low standard of football on offer from the first team and Scott Dann is that lower standard footballer by every measure.

If you guys buy that, then fine. For me that aint good enough for Blackburn Rovers football club and the teams position with the league its in certainly back me up.

Would love to sit down and watch all the goals that Rovers have conceded this season see how much truth there is in that.

For now the transition seems to be an acceptance of a very low standard of football on offer from the first team and Scott Dann is that lower standard footballer by every measure.

If you guys buy that, then fine. For me that aint good enough for Blackburn Rovers football club and the teams position with the league its in back me up.

Well you've gotta be realistic. There's no point in comparing anyone in this team to our team 3 years ago because we're a million miles from that now and aren't likely to get back to it for a few years even if everything goes right from this point on. All we can do now is look for small but continual improvement, which is best achieved by comparing our current players to each other and improving on the weakest ones.

I don't see how Dann is one of our weakest players when Henley, Orr and Lowe have all been deemed not good enough for right-back and we've got a lad who was in and out of the Rotherham/Yeovil teams last season at left-back. A job of the full-backs is to help the centre halves, covering for through-balls/balls over the top and picking up strikers when they drift out wide. Personally I like full-backs who have the ability to play centre half provided they’re tall enough. We’ve had ones all season that have on the whole been chronic defensively and that makes our centre halves job a heck of a lot harder.

• Backroom

Well you've gotta be realistic. There's no point in comparing anyone in this team to our team 3 years ago because we're a million miles from that now and aren't likely to get back to it for a few years even if everything goes right from this point on. All we can do now is look for small but continual improvement, which is best achieved by comparing our current players to each other and improving on the weakest ones.

I don't see how Dann is one of our weakest players when Henley, Orr and Lowe have all been deemed not good enough for right-back and we've got a lad who was in and out of the Rotherham/Yeovil teams last season at left-back. A job of the full-backs is to help the centre halves, covering for through-balls/balls over the top and picking up strikers when they drift out wide. Personally I like full-backs who have the ability to play centre half provided they’re tall enough. We’ve had ones all season that have on the whole been chronic defensively and that makes our centre halves job a heck of a lot harder.

Whoa whoa, Henley not good enough at RB, since when? Ditto Lowe being better at RB than he is in the middle, he's excellent cover! Morris, I can take your point, however.

Whoa whoa, Henley not good enough at RB, since when? Ditto Lowe being better at RB than he is in the middle, he's excellent cover! Morris, I can take your point, however.

Since when has Henley been good enough at RB? He's started about half as many games as Orr this season and was immediately replaced upon the arrival of a lad who'd played 3 senior games in his career before coming to Rovers. Obviously Henly's still very young and hopefully he'll improve but he's not good enough for me at the moment. Lowe, well I don't really rate him myself but I suppose as cover he's not the worst option in the world.

My original point though was that we need better first choice full-backs way before we start talking about replacing Dann. Although if we can keep Kane next season then whatever passes for coaches now at this club just need to work on him defensively.

Well you've gotta be realistic. There's no point in comparing anyone in this team to our team 3 years ago because we're a million miles from that now and aren't likely to get back to it for a few years even if everything goes right from this point on. All we can do now is look for small but continual improvement, which is best achieved by comparing our current players to each other and improving on the weakest ones.[/size]

I don't see how Dann is one of our weakest players when Henley, Orr and Lowe have all been deemed not good enough for right-back and we've got a lad who was in and out of the Rotherham/Yeovil teams last season at left-back. A job of the full-backs is to help the centre halves, covering for through-balls/balls over the top and picking up strikers when they drift out wide. Personally I like full-backs who have the ability to play centre half provided they’re tall enough. We’ve had ones all season that have on the whole been chronic defensively and that makes our centre halves job a heck of a lot harder.[/size]

If his transfer fee is costing a couple of million of pounds, and his wage is commanding tens of thousands of pounds per week.

Am I not being realistic towards this poor player.

• Backroom

Since when has Henley been good enough at RB? He's started about half as many games as Orr this season and was immediately replaced upon the arrival of a lad who'd played 3 senior games in his career before coming to Rovers. Obviously Henly's still very young and hopefully he'll improve but he's not good enough for me at the moment. Lowe, well I don't really rate him myself but I suppose as cover he's not the worst option in the world.

My original point though was that we need better first choice full-backs way before we start talking about replacing Dann. Although if we can keep Kane next season then whatever passes for coaches now at this club just need to work on him defensively.

Through injury, not lack of ability. Tbh, if we can keep Kane, I'd look at Henley at LB (esp given his performances there in the PL).

Certainly, we don't need to replace Dann. He's a good 1st choice for this level and with Hanley, Edwards and O'Connell (sp?) behind him I think we're ok there (but by no means sorted.

Midfield is our weak spot :/

Don't usually do predictions, but with the pressure off I think we'll win this and our league position wont reflect the poor season its been. Hoping we can finish above the Hill Trolls in our worst season in living memory and delight in reminding them.

It would be a small reward for a terrible season.

0-2

Archived