BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Media Watch -> Bowyer confirmed as Rovers boss

I wonder what the cliche count will be?

Happy to be here, support of the owners, madame is wonderful, want Jordan to stay, no interference, kick on from the end of last season, hope people can see what we are trying to do here etc etc

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what the cliche count will be?

Happy to be here, support of the owners, madame is wonderful, want Jordan to stay, no interference, kick on from the end of last season, hope people can see what we are trying to do here etc etc

You missed out the best one 'hit the ground running'

• Backroom

Hmm, back to school for both of us.

He got three wins and a draw in his first stint- that's 10 from 4 plus the 12 from 9 in the second stint.

That is 22 from 13 isn't it.

Over 46 games that is 78 points.

However, I was wrong about automatic promotion as the top of the table was:

1 Cardiff 46 27 87

2 Hull 46 9 79

3 Watford 46 27 77

On the up side, he is not going to be taking over a squad in a relegation dive which is what he did twice last season.

Wasn't it two wins and a draw in the league in his first stint?

Either way we would have been up around the playoffs if that was over a season

Second time around team GB had a weaker hand than during his first stint, thus, only twelve points from nine.

Which asks third time around will team GB have an even weaker hand to play with as these guys look to cash in.

Wasn't it two wins and a draw in the league in his first stint?

Either way we would have been up around the playoffs if that was over a season

Results were

Barnsley A 3-1

Forest H 3-0

Bristol C H 2-0 (FA 3rd)

Wolves A 1-1

then Appleton fired on 26 March

Blackpool H 1-1

Cardiff A 0-3

Sheff W A 2-3

Derby H 2-0

Hudds H 1-0

Watford A 0-4

Millwall A 2-1

Palace H 1-1

Brum A 1-1

So against opposition in this division Played 13 W6 D4 L3 F19 A16 Pts 22

I've just listen to Bowyer interview on BBC Radio Lancashire.

He's come across very well and saying the right things and very honest to the fans.

let's see what signings he bring in now after Judge, Taylor and Eastwood confirmed as permanent signings.

but more interesting who he gets rid of.

very pleased he will bring in some Academy players which fans want to see. I like to see us bringing through our own players from Academy instead of buying overpaid ex PL players.

I've just listen to Bowyer interview on BBC Radio Lancashire.

He's come across very well and saying the right things and very honest to the fans.

let's see what signings he bring in now after Judge, Taylor and Eastwood confirmed as permanent signings.

but more interesting who he gets rid of.

very pleased he will bring in some Academy players which fans want to see. I like to see us bringing through our own players from Academy instead of buying overpaid ex PL players.

Which fans want academy players in the first team?

Which fans want academy players in the first team?

Chaddy?

Appleton was also cliche man when it came to pressers and lots of fans swooned over his comments before seeing that his teams were abject. Lets see if Bowyer can step up a notch on the field first before the sainthood

His invisible friend, Simon..

TBH Majiball, I'm getting plenty sick of your comments towards me.

"fans" plural.

plenty of fans do. not my fault if you don't want to see Rovers bring through players from Academy who are good enough for the first team.

Nice to see him sat on his own and PR company showing it on twitter .. Venkysout

I much rather see Bowyer talk than the other 3.

Shaw was interview by BBC Radio Lancashire today btw. interview was in sport Hour on BBC Radio Lancashire at 6pm

Watching and listening to Bowyer in todays interviews, he reminded me of the late great Ray Harford(personality & body language wise) Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, Ray was a great coach loved and respected by his players whilst a coach, but his personality(quite shy, reserved and softly spoken) never suited being a manager.

But obviously they're are to different people though, so hopefully Bowyer will have more success as a manager than Harford did.

Can't quite work out whether its a good thing or not that he has direct input to Venky's instead of going through Shebby.

On the one hand Kean had a direct line to Desai and was pretty much bulletproof, Bowyer acknowledges that he will go over to India if required and if Rovers are struggling we could see a repeat performance of the unsackable manager. On the other hand perhaps someone like Bowyer would unlike Kean be able to tell it like it is and inform them of any infighting.

All I know is that the whole process of going over to India on a regular basis is going to continue and it's far from ideal.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10449863._/?

Can't quite work out whether its a good thing or not that he has direct input to Venky's instead of going through Shebby.

On the one hand Kean had a direct line to Desai and was pretty much bulletproof, Bowyer acknowledges that he will go over to India if required and if Rovers are struggling we could see a repeat performance of the unsackable manager. On the other hand perhaps someone like Bowyer would unlike Kean be able to tell it like it is and inform them of any infighting.

All I know is that the whole process of going over to India on a regular basis is going to continue and it's far from ideal.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10449863._/?

Oh deary me. Two Madame references, a claim that the board do a good job and an assurance that he'll drop everything to run to India whenever the whim takes them

Could easily replace the word Bowyer for Kean. I can give it no greater contempt

“My port of call is Madame" Bowyer said.

“I can go straight to Madame as well as the board members at the club, who do a good job.”

Archived