BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Media Watch -> Bowyer confirmed as Rovers boss

Good luck to Bowyer, he's going to need it, dealing with the idiots we have in charge on a permanent basis. He seems like a good honest man and is apparently well thought of by the players. Is he the man to get us back to the Premiership? I don't think so, but with the club being in the state that it is, that goal looks like an impossible task now. But he deserves a chance.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies if I've missed it but has there been any official unveiling of Bowyer in front of the media with an opportunity for questions ? I would think not as this would be a perfect chance to find out exactly what is going on at the club . Imagine the questions - though I doubt if they would be answered .

Why did it take so long for the appointment ? Where there some issues that needed sorting ?

Will you be in full control of transfers ?

Will you decide who leaves the club ?

Will you be taking advice from our global advisor ?

Have you been given a budget ?

Have you been given targets ? What are they ?

Will the owners come to the club or will you be making regular visits to India ?

Will Rhodes be sold in the close season ?

We could all be put in the picture of what is really going on in the club - in about five minutes .

I have no doubt that Garry Bowyer is a very nice man and has done a fair job in keeping us from Div 1 oblivion but lets be brutally honest here...does his appointment show ambition and drive from our awful owners?

Underwhelmed is not the word :glare:

Underwhelmed is better than disappointed.

How come you're typing in English? How come you are not independent? Even the name Scotland isn't Scottish, but if I remember correctly, Irish. Just like kilts. Bagpipes are possibly Roman or middle Eastern, and whisky which is also Irish.

Bell did not invent the telephone, but he made sure he got the patent with some crafty bribery in order to get there before Elisha Gray, as both were racing to the pataent office on the same day. Look at the patents themselves, the sketches are very similar indeed. But the true discovery of electrical communication in such a manner was by Antonio Meucci in 1848. Bell was merely improving what was known.

John Logie Baird's system of television was not adopted, and was too unwiedly. It was the system developed by Phillo Farnsworth, who again came up with the idea whilst ploughing a field in Utah. Baird was building upon the inventions of Paul Gottlieb Nipkow. Granted, he made the first Television broadcast, but on a system that was swiftly defunct.

Oh, and on behalf of England and Wales, thanks for voting in PFI hospitals, which are bankrupting the NHS and top up fees which are bankrupting students.

Last but not least, let's celebrate all those fantastic Scottish people: Pontius Pilate, Del Amitri, Texas, the Krankies, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, Steve Kean, Christian Dailly, Dennis Nilsen, Ian Brady, Peter Tobin, Ian Duncan Smith and Rod Stew.....oh hang on.

Master race? Not in the slightest.

Macbeth, Burke and Hare, Colin Hendry!

Apologies if I've missed it but has there been any official unveiling of Bowyer in front of the media with an opportunity for questions ? I would think not as this would be a perfect chance to find out exactly what is going on at the club . Imagine the questions - though I doubt if they would be answered .

Why did it take so long for the appointment ? Where there some issues that needed sorting ?

Will you be in full control of transfers ?

Will you decide who leaves the club ?

Will you be taking advice from our global advisor ?

Have you been given a budget ?

Have you been given targets ? What are they ?

Will the owners come to the club or will you be making regular visits to India ?

Will Rhodes be sold in the close season ?

We could all be put in the picture of what is really going on in the club - in about five minutes .

according Chris Flanagan(rovers reporter) from the Lancashire Telegraph, the press conference for Bowyer to talk to the media will be Tuesday.

I'm sure he will be asking those questions.

So far the signings lined up like Taylor, Judge, Eastwood, Evatt and maybe Jones all look Bowyer signings.

Transfers out will be decide by the new Football League Financial fair play which come into force this coming season.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FLExplainedDetail/0,,10794~2748246,00.html

Fans need to understand the new FLFFP rules and not expect massive spending.

if Rovers are massive losses, more than the FL will allow us to then players sales will have to make up the shortfall. Also Rovers need to have a permanent sponsor of the shirts and improve marketing and commercial side of the club to make shortfall aswell.

I'm sure that Radio Lancashire, Sky sports and LT will be there. Maybe even Kamy will be going to it?

would be great if BRFCS could arrange with Rovers to do Interview with Bowyer before the start of the season like the site once do with a certain former manager.

according Chris Flanagan(rovers reporter) from the Lancashire Telegraph, the press conference for Bowyer to talk to the media will be Tuesday.

I'm sure he will be asking those questions.

So far the signings lined up like Taylor, Judge, Eastwood, Evatt and maybe Jones all look Bowyer signings.

Transfers out will be decide by the new Football League Financial fair play which come into force this coming season.

I'm sure that Radio Lancashire, Sky sports and LT will be there. Maybe even Kamy will be going to it?

would be great if BRFCS could arrange with Rovers to do Interview with Bowyer before the start of the season like the site once do with a certain former manager.

will they? why?

If we have to abide by financial "fair play" immediately then we will have to lose most of our first team.

However, with contracts already in place and no-one who can take them on (for the same reasons we can't keep them) I can see us facing sanctions from the league.

If we have to abide by financial "fair play" immediately then we will have to lose most of our first team.

However, with contracts already in place and no-one who can take them on (for the same reasons we can't keep them) I can see us facing sanctions from the league.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FLExplainedDetail/0,,10794~2748246,00.html

Chaddy kindly posted the above link. If you can work it out let me know! It seems to suggest there will be no sanctions in the first year. it then goes on to talk about 'deviations' etc. I think it means losses. I nodded off...

Looking at the FFP rules, it looks like:

1. Owners can still subsidize as Championship club from 3-8 million/year, depending on which year and as long as it is not debt (shareholder equity).

2. FFP can be violated this season 2103/2014 with no sanctions, but sanctions will be imposed based on December 1, 2014 accounts with a transfer embargo effective January 1, 2015. The embargo will be lifted if accounts can be presented showing compliant books, either for the previous or upcoming reporting period.

3. If FFP is violated and a club is promoted to the PL, then a tax is imposed up to 100% of the amount overspent and shared out amongst the other Championship clubs.

So Venkys overspending should not be too much of an issue this season, if they are inclined to finance the club. It will be a big deal next season (where luckily a lot of our high wage players drop off the books).

Bowyer does have a tough job as Rovers manager but I have confidence in him and his ability to change the squad around as we need to.

Even before Bowyer announcement as permanent manager, he was out there lining up players he wants and he will bring through out academy players,

His biggest task is getting rid players he doesn't want.

Worth pointing out that Bowyer achieved promotion winning form in his two spells as interim Rovers boss last season and this was despite twice taking over in dire circumstances.

I am very happy with the appointment given the loons were bound to totally screw up had they appointed anybody else.

Footballs a simple game, just get the best players for the league your competing in and away you go. For now Rovers certainly dont have the best players.

Twelve points from the last nine games is a good indicator for next season can team GB do a lot better than this hope so but it wont be done with your Jason Lowes and Josh Morris's.

At the moment mid table championship mediocrity awaits Rovers next season if they are lucky, unless they can pull something out of the bag player wise. If they are using the same agents again, then next season will just be one to make up the numbers and play it out to a two thirds empty Ewood Park.

Bowyer's biggest burden will be working with the board and Singh. If our owners really wanted to go up, they'd realize that they have a more than decent manager in Bowyer and would keep Singh, Agnew and Shaw well away from him.

Bowyer's biggest burden will be working with the board and Singh. If our owners really wanted to go up, they'd realize that they have a more than decent manager in Bowyer and would keep Singh, Agnew and Shaw well away from him.

The owners are only interested in money and these clowns merely play to that tune sadly for the supporters.

Worth pointing out that Bowyer achieved promotion winning form in his two spells as interim Rovers boss last season and this was despite twice taking over in dire circumstances.

I am very happy with the appointment given the loons were bound to totally screw up had they appointed anybody else.

Your maths a bit out there.. 12 points in the stint of 9 games equates to 1.3.. per match which is a total of 61 points in the season or 10th place which isn't even near the playoffs.

Saying that he is probably the only appointment, given his track record working with Kids and promoting them (he was one of those responsible for the likes of P Jones being promoted to the first team), our mad owners and his long standing with the club.

Some people on here have said they are happy with GB becoming the manager, but I am willing to bet that many of us are just plain happy we have not ended up with one of the scary multitude of names that has been banded about.

For myself it is another massive gamble, he has limited experience with the top end management stuff like buying and selling, media and fan opinions as well as limited contacts (players, Coaches, Scouts, Agents....) that come from being the first team manager for a while.

Another worrying element is the comments from Shebby, talking of his time in charge at the end of the season being limited by an average and depleted squad.. if memory serves me correctly the only players missing where the likes of Rochina, Vukcevic and Rosado (also Murphy being in the first team) with the squad he finished with having a few extra players (williamson, Jones, Rekik, Kane, Stewart et al)... either I could be paranoid or that to me indicates Shebby has some influence.

I think that's a fair assessment Veevs but I do think the feeling is that GB is a decent bloke too, and has Rovers close to his heart.

He's the kind of guy we need right now. Someone who all fans should be able to give their support to. No agendas, no divisive behaviours, seemingly no pre-allegiance to Singh or Shagnew.

Your maths a bit out there.. 12 points in the stint of 9 games equates to 1.3.. per match which is a total of 61 points in the season or 10th place which isn't even near the playoffs.

Saying that he is probably the only appointment, given his track record working with Kids and promoting them (he was one of those responsible for the likes of P Jones being promoted to the first team), our mad owners and his long standing with the club.

Some people on here have said they are happy with GB becoming the manager, but I am willing to bet that many of us are just plain happy we have not ended up with one of the scary multitude of names that has been banded about.

For myself it is another massive gamble, he has limited experience with the top end management stuff like buying and selling, media and fan opinions as well as limited contacts (players, Coaches, Scouts, Agents....) that come from being the first team manager for a while.

Another worrying element is the comments from Shebby, talking of his time in charge at the end of the season being limited by an average and depleted squad.. if memory serves me correctly the only players missing where the likes of Rochina, Vukcevic and Rosado (also Murphy being in the first team) with the squad he finished with having a few extra players (williamson, Jones, Rekik, Kane, Stewart et al)... either I could be paranoid or that to me indicates Shebby has some influence.

Hmm, back to school for both of us.

He got three wins and a draw in his first stint- that's 10 from 4 plus the 12 from 9 in the second stint.

That is 22 from 13 isn't it.

Over 46 games that is 78 points.

However, I was wrong about automatic promotion as the top of the table was:

1 Cardiff 46 27 87

2 Hull 46 9 79

3 Watford 46 27 77

On the up side, he is not going to be taking over a squad in a relegation dive which is what he did twice last season.

Archived