BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Media Watch -> Bowyer confirmed as Rovers boss

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I'm fine with this, but only because of the situation we're in. If Venky's had chosen somebody other than Bowyer I'm pretty sure it would have been a worse choice.

Good luck to Gary, hopefully he can bring some normality back to the club.

One thing I liked about bowyer last season was he did his job almost anonymously. But no hiding now media, fans, players, "owners", whoever will all want a piece of him. Not sure how he's going to cope with it all.

We shall see. Seems like a nice fella so wish him well although my gut instinct is he won't be here by February.

I'm pleased for Gary and this is a sensible appointment. I've watched the Reserves home and away for a number of years and have been impressed with the way in which Gary has handled the youngsters. We have a number of very promising young players coming through at the moment - Ryan Edwards, Jack O'Connell, Anthony O'Connor, John O'Sullivan, Raheem Hanley, Hugo Fernandez Molina, and coupled with the likes of Grant Hanley, Adam Henley, Jake Kean and Jason Lowe we have a group of young players who will benefit from Gary being at the helm. Of course, not all of them are going to make the grade but I think they have a better chance under Gary.

I just hope the supporters give him time and don't expect too much too soon. With the circus that surrounds the club he will have his work cut out but I must admit that, whilst some may not be impressed, personally I'm very happy with appointment.

All we need now is an experienced administrator who has the power to make instant decisions at Ewood rather than having to report back to Pune and wait an eternity for an answer.

W

Mate, I have seen a lot of the reserves over the last few years and there isn't much there to come through....and to be fair GB hasn't impressed me that much as manager of the reserves....normally we're a bit @#/?. So, it comes down to the transfer market. Is Alan Judge going to get us promoted? Shebby will be sorting that, and that means we are @#/?.

Reserve team football is almost entirely designed to compliment the first team. More to do with building or maintaining fitness for those who are in and around the first team whilst blooding youngsters. I wouldn't read too much in to that.

I'm pleased for Gary and this is a sensible appointment. I've watched the Reserves home and away for a number of years and have been impressed with the way in which Gary has handled the youngsters. We have a number of very promising young players coming through at the moment - Ryan Edwards, Jack O'Connell, Anthony O'Connor, John O'Sullivan, Raheem Hanley, Hugo Fernandez Molina, and coupled with the likes of Grant Hanley, Adam Henley, Jake Kean and Jason Lowe we have a group of young players who will benefit from Gary being at the helm. Of course, not all of them are going to make the grade but I think they have a better chance under Gary.

I just hope the supporters give him time and don't expect too much too soon. With the circus that surrounds the club he will have his work cut out but I must admit that, whilst some may not be impressed, personally I'm very happy with appointment.

All we need now is an experienced administrator who has the power to make instant decisions at Ewood rather than having to report back to Pune and wait an eternity for an answer.

if they really wanted the fans back on side, they`d approach john williams and tom finn, offering them full power in the running of the club on a day to day basis. that is the ONLY WAY they`d ever turn the fans back around again. of course, it`s an unlikely scenario..

Reserve team football is almost entirely designed to compliment the first team. More to do with building or maintaining fitness for those who are in and around the first team whilst blooding youngsters. I wouldn't read too much in to that.

true, results and team performances aren`t the be all and end all for acadamy and reserve sides, individual displays are.

shows have far we have fallen when people are happy with this appointment, never mind, im not going to moan but I won't be renewing, in 6 months time we will be back to square 1, looking for another inexperienced rookie

Not exactly jumping for joy... I think a lot have been blinded by the few games as caretaker when building your own squad for a new season (where promotion will be expected) is a bridge too far for Gary and I fear he will be out of his depth.

Of course, we will see and I hope I am wrong. Nothing against him either but I think we should have set our sights a bit higher with someone who has been there and done it in the Championship.

The longer we mess about, the harder it will be to get out of this league.

I'll be waiting 24hrs over this news, if it's still up tomorrow I'll welcome you then Bowyer.

That's some proper battle-hardened cynicism right there. You sure you weren't born in Blackburn? ^_^

Underwhelmed but what can you do?

Well we could moan like @#/? or get behind him?

Underwhelmed? Not really. Happy? I think so. Without stating the obvious, it really won't get any better with these idiots in charge.

We can all say that they should have got an experienced manager in, but ultimately this lot don't want that. God knows why. God knows why they're still here. Unless someone can explain away some of the absolute dross that has been signed over the last 2.5 years and the obscene agents fees we've paid (its bloody obvious).

Singh will want his input, shagnew don't give a damn either way. But we get to play Preston pre season so they'll be happy with that.

Hopefully he'll get his say, be allowed to manage, minimise the interference. That's our only hope. With the club structure the way it is you have to doubt it. Mourinho would struggle with these pricks running our club.

Good luck Gary. Don't be their next victim.

Underwhelmed? Not really. Happy? I think so. Without stating the obvious, it really won't get any better with these idiots in charge.

We can all say that they should have got an experienced manager in, but ultimately this lot don't want that. God knows why. God knows why they're still here. Unless someone can explain away some of the absolute dross that has been signed over the last 2.5 years and the obscene agents fees we've paid (its bloody obvious).

Singh will want his input, shagnew don't give a damn either way. But we get to play Preston pre season so they'll be happy with that.

Hopefully he'll get his say, be allowed to manage, minimise the interference. That's our only hope. With the club structure the way it is you have to doubt it. Mourinho would struggle with these pricks running our club.

Here here Bob.

Well that's 1 thing settled, now hopefully we can just move on and build on our end of season form(and team!) Without to much more venky madness and shagnewNshabby ineptitude.

I'd like to see some official confirmation of Taylor and judge signing(pre-contracts or whatever!)

In all fairness to GB he has deserved this chance for being able to galvanise a bunch of whinging mercernaries into a team that got results. Hopefully now he'll be able to bring his own players in and get rid of the overpaid gobshytes who don't deserve to wear the shirt. Taylor, Judge and Eastwood are a good start as they all should be suited to football at this level. Hopfully Rhodes, Hanley, Henley and Kean will stay as these are the future of the club.

Good Luck Gary.

absolutely spot on.....lets hope GB isn't their next victim...will GB have no interference ? probably not.....

Archived