BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Media Watch -> Bowyer confirmed as Rovers boss

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the main page of bbc.co.uk it has the headline "Blackburn appoint Bowyer as manager". It occurred to me how many people who don't follow Rovers would automatically think it was referring to Lee Bowyer and then how many of them would just think "yeah, that's the sort of thing those Loons running the club would do".

Venkys make sensible decision shocker! Think its the first appointment in a while that the majority of fans agree on. He'll sign established championship players as well as the best players from the lower leagues whilst also bringing through our talented crop of youngsters.

That is the correct blueprint for getting us promoted I believe.

it took him a while to get them to respond during his 2nd caretaker spell don`t forget. once they did, his record was decent.

yeh, because a liverpool link hasn`t done us any good over the years, has it..? cough, dalglish, speedie and souness, cough..

sean curry , danny murphy

Isn't Steve Kean Scottish? Bang goes the superior argument. And hasn't Scotland got one of the highest rates of heart disease and heroin addiction in Western Europe? It is a shame that Scottish nationalism is not based on the pride of the aforementioned achievenments, but on irrational hatred of the English, the same people who have subsidised Scotland for years, and signed over all the oil fields in English waters. And for the record, the telephone was not invented by Bell, and TV as we know it now was not invented by John Logie Baird.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But to get back on topic, I'm glad about the 1 year rolling contract. 1st sensible decision Venkys have made.

On a serious note, go buy yourself a history book. James Clerk Maxwell is responsible for most of what we see today, even Einstein said he's the father on modern physics and he couldn't have done what he did without him.

Care to share who did invent those items then? Much better approach than just saying your wrong. Oh and the oilfields??? that's you lot just returning what you stole, we'll have Berwick back as well.

It doesn't matter how you spin it, it comes back to us.

The master race, Scotland!

:P

Your wrong Maj, the pneumatic tyre was invented by Robert William Thomson........

Of Stonehaven.......

Scotland.

Jock @#/?s!! :-)

It's true we do like sow our oats, so I'm not surprised we're a nation of barstewards.

Guest Norbert

On a serious note, go buy yourself a history book. James Clerk Maxwell is responsible for most of what we see today, even Einstein said he's the father on modern physics and he couldn't have done what he did without him.

Care to share who did invent those items then? Much better approach than just saying your wrong. Oh and the oilfields??? that's you lot just returning what you stole, we'll have Berwick back as well.

It's true we do like sow our oats, so I'm not surprised we're a nation of barstewards.

How come you're typing in English? How come you are not independent? Even the name Scotland isn't Scottish, but if I remember correctly, Irish. Just like kilts. Bagpipes are possibly Roman or middle Eastern, and whisky which is also Irish.

Bell did not invent the telephone, but he made sure he got the patent with some crafty bribery in order to get there before Elisha Gray, as both were racing to the pataent office on the same day. Look at the patents themselves, the sketches are very similar indeed. But the true discovery of electrical communication in such a manner was by Antonio Meucci in 1848. Bell was merely improving what was known.

John Logie Baird's system of television was not adopted, and was too unwiedly. It was the system developed by Phillo Farnsworth, who again came up with the idea whilst ploughing a field in Utah. Baird was building upon the inventions of Paul Gottlieb Nipkow. Granted, he made the first Television broadcast, but on a system that was swiftly defunct.

Oh, and on behalf of England and Wales, thanks for voting in PFI hospitals, which are bankrupting the NHS and top up fees which are bankrupting students.

Last but not least, let's celebrate all those fantastic Scottish people: Pontius Pilate, Del Amitri, Texas, the Krankies, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, Steve Kean, Christian Dailly, Dennis Nilsen, Ian Brady, Peter Tobin, Ian Duncan Smith and Rod Stew.....oh hang on.

Master race? Not in the slightest.

Giving Bowyer a one year deal is the first intelligent thing to happen at the club since Venkys arrived.

Now for heaven's sake please replace the board as that's where the real rot is, not just Shagnew, Singh as well. Each one is as slimy and corrupt as the next.

Good luck to GB, let's hope you're the first decent manager since Big Sam.

12 month contract or 4 years the severance is only supposed to be 12 months. The other years usually there in order to have leeyway for negotiating compo if another club comes in for the manager.

I'd wager the board were ONLY allowed to offer a 12 month contract after the Berg debacle

How the f88k you run a club when you don't trust your MD as far as you can throw him is anyones guess

Just rise above it for heaven's sake.

Scotland, England, Britain, The U.K, are all just accidents of history. None of them were created by some divine power! Nations are and were created by ruling elites for their own ends. We are the same flippin' people and no group of people in north-western Europe (let alone the British Isles) constitutes a seperate 'race' for crying out loud.

English tub thumping is ridiculous enough on its own, meeting it head on with tartan thumping silliness just exacerbates the problem. All nationalists are best treated like creationists, flat-earthers and Jehovas Witness's - unpersuadable and deluded fantasists who are failing to come to terms with their own internal psychological problems. It is just a shame there are so many of them. English or Scottish or German or Irish or Muslim or American or African or French or Zionist- all nationalism and perceived superiority looks ugly and ill-founded from the outside.

Apologies for the off topic rant by the way!

How come you're typing in English? How come you are not independent? Even the name Scotland isn't Scottish, but if I remember correctly, Irish. Just like kilts. Bagpipes are possibly Roman or middle Eastern, and whisky which is also Irish.

Bell did not invent the telephone, but he made sure he got the patent with some crafty bribery in order to get there before Elisha Gray, as both were racing to the pataent office on the same day. Look at the patents themselves, the sketches are very similar indeed. But the true discovery of electrical communication in such a manner was by Antonio Meucci in 1848. Bell was merely improving what was known.

John Logie Baird's system of television was not adopted, and was too unwiedly. It was the system developed by Phillo Farnsworth, who again came up with the idea whilst ploughing a field in Utah. Baird was building upon the inventions of Paul Gottlieb Nipkow. Granted, he made the first Television broadcast, but on a system that was swiftly defunct.

Oh, and on behalf of England and Wales, thanks for voting in PFI hospitals, which are bankrupting the NHS and top up fees which are bankrupting students.

Last but not least, let's celebrate all those fantastic Scottish people: Pontius Pilate, Del Amitri, Texas, the Krankies, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, Steve Kean, Christian Dailly, Dennis Nilsen, Ian Brady, Peter Tobin, Ian Duncan Smith and Rod Stew.....oh hang on.

Master race? Not in the slightest.

No1 develop a sense of humour.

English originates from Germany not from england so you're speaking german in essence. if we hadn't discovered Radar, you'd be bloody german as well!!! Whisky must be produced in Scotland anything else is Whiskey just as champagne can only come from the champagne region of france, it's ours whether you like it or not and that's from the WSET. Your discussion of arabs just shows your knowledge as that is the method distillery which is the babylnians way back before Christ.

Then read even wiki and all the issues surrounding your Italian inventor of the telephone. You'll notice I retortred with Clerk Maxwell as it was obvious his name was forth coming, hence the man who discovered electromagnetisum without which no-one would have invented the phone. Your man submitted incomplete patents and didn't renew them so clearly didn't have much faith in his telephone. No working models exist, no proof esentially and science is nothing without proof. I know this it's my job and career, even if I though an idea up 10 years ago but don't prove it an I am not founder, fact. Leonardo da vinci once drew a flying machine did he discopver flight?? did he @#/? the man who first flew did as until its proven it's a theory only and that's not fact, it's a possibility nothing more. Race to finish? why's that a problem all science is a race whoever gets it's published first gets the credit, that's life. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invention_of_the_telephone

Television defined as being: A system for transmitting visual images and sound that are reproduced on screens, chiefly used to broadcast programs for entertainment,... So thanks for admitting he was the 1st, as to whether or not his method was adopted, who cares. Scientific discovories are not about which one goes on to be commercially viable. He did it first, building on work or not. at this point I'll add in that every scientific discovery is purely building on the work of those before them if you want to go down that routeway then we owe the greeks and romans everything. I'll also bring you back to Robert Clerk Maxwell as without his work none of the mentioned people could have done any of it and that includes Einsteins theory of relativity.

I'm sure PFI is the sole reason the NHS is going to the wall and you'll notice we value education so much we don't charge a penny for higher education to our own population and that was solely down to the english, we resisted it. Education for all is the mantra in Scotland, you lot made it elitist again. If you want to go down that route I'll bring up the englishs destruction of the scottish education system in the late 19th century as we were heralded as the intellectual capital of the world back then. And all done to subjugate our nation as that's when independence was being touted first. We were such a burden on england that you went to the lenghts you did as obviously you were @#/? bricks. Just look at everything coming out of the country back then, physics engineering medicine all attributed to one thing the scottish eductaion system.

And here's one final thought perhaps PFI, Universities, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown are all just pay-back for the subjugation of the last couple of thousand years. It's also funny how our @#/? seem able to carve out such strong careers in your country??? Scotland so superior to england even our @#/? are heralded and famous in england and make millions out of your nation of sheep and simpletons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_inventions_and_discoveries for a country of criminals robbers and simpletons as you portrait us we do very well and without us the modern world wouldn't be what it is today. Even Einstein agreed and you are no einstein, clearly.

I'm pleased for Gary and this is a sensible appointment. I've watched the Reserves home and away for a number of years and have been impressed with the way in which Gary has handled the youngsters. We have a number of very promising young players coming through at the moment - Ryan Edwards, Jack O'Connell, Anthony O'Connor, John O'Sullivan, Raheem Hanley, Hugo Fernandez Molina, and coupled with the likes of Grant Hanley, Adam Henley, Jake Kean and Jason Lowe we have a group of young players who will benefit from Gary being at the helm. Of course, not all of them are going to make the grade but I think they have a better chance under Gary.

I just hope the supporters give him time and don't expect too much too soon. whilst some may not be impressed, personally I'm very happy with appointment.

Great Post ParsonBlue. I agree with this.

Bowyer is a good appointment for us. He will bring through the youth Talent Youngsters we got. plus signed good Championship players.

his biggest task this summer is getting rid of players he doesn't and players who don't want to be here.

Just rise above it for heaven's sake.

Scotland, England, Britain, The U.K, are all just accidents of history. None of them were created by some divine power! Nations are and were created by ruling elites for their own ends. We are the same flippin' people and no group of people in north-western Europe (let alone the British Isles) constitutes a seperate 'race' for crying out loud.

English tub thumping is ridiculous enough on its own, meeting it head on with tartan thumping silliness just exacerbates the problem. All nationalists are best treated like creationists, flat-earthers and Jehovas Witness's - unpersuadable and deluded fantasists who are failing to come to terms with their own internal psychological problems. It is just a shame there are so many of them. English or Scottish or German or Irish or Muslim or American or African or French or Zionist- all nationalism and perceived superiority looks ugly and ill-founded from the outside.

Apologies for the off topic rant by the way!

Thanks for your intelligent post !

Just thought I would throw another one in the ring.

The Scots also invented the Glasgow sandwich but it was stolen by Liverpudlians and renamed the Scouse butty.

No1 develop a sense of humour.

English originates from Germany not from england so you're speaking german in essence. if we hadn't discovered Radar, you'd be bloody german as well!!! Whisky must be produced in Scotland anything else is Whiskey just as champagne can only come from the champagne region of france, it's ours whether you like it or not and that's from the WSET. Your discussion of arabs just shows your knowledge as that is the method distillery which is the babylnians way back before Christ.

Then read even wiki and all the issues surrounding your Italian inventor of the telephone. You'll notice I retortred with Clerk Maxwell as it was obvious his name was forth coming, hence the man who discovered electromagnetisum without which no-one would have invented the phone. Your man submitted incomplete patents and didn't renew them so clearly didn't have much faith in his telephone. No working models exist, no proof esentially and science is nothing without proof. I know this it's my job and career, even if I though an idea up 10 years ago but don't prove it an I am not founder, fact. Leonardo da vinci once drew a flying machine did he discopver flight?? did he @#/? the man who first flew did as until its proven it's a theory only and that's not fact, it's a possibility nothing more. Race to finish? why's that a problem all science is a race whoever gets it's published first gets the credit, that's life. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invention_of_the_telephone

Television defined as being: A system for transmitting visual images and sound that are reproduced on screens, chiefly used to broadcast programs for entertainment,... So thanks for admitting he was the 1st, as to whether or not his method was adopted, who cares. Scientific discovories are not about which one goes on to be commercially viable. He did it first, building on work or not. at this point I'll add in that every scientific discovery is purely building on the work of those before them if you want to go down that routeway then we owe the greeks and romans everything. I'll also bring you back to Robert Clerk Maxwell as without his work none of the mentioned people could have done any of it and that includes Einsteins theory of relativity.

I'm sure PFI is the sole reason the NHS is going to the wall and you'll notice we value education so much we don't charge a penny for higher education to our own population and that was solely down to the english, we resisted it. Education for all is the mantra in Scotland, you lot made it elitist again. If you want to go down that route I'll bring up the englishs destruction of the scottish education system in the late 19th century as we were heralded as the intellectual capital of the world back then. And all done to subjugate our nation as that's when independence was being touted first. We were such a burden on england that you went to the lenghts you did as obviously you were @#/? bricks. Just look at everything coming out of the country back then, physics engineering medicine all attributed to one thing the scottish eductaion system.

And here's one final thought perhaps PFI, Universities, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown are all just pay-back for the subjugation of the last couple of thousand years. It's also funny how our @#/? seem able to carve out such strong careers in your country??? Scotland so superior to england even our @#/? are heralded and famous in england and make millions out of your nation of sheep and simpletons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_inventions_and_discoveries for a country of criminals robbers and simpletons as you portrait us we do very well and without us the modern world wouldn't be what it is today. Even Einstein agreed and you are no einstein, clearly.

Up yer Kilt Jock! :D;)

Archived