BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Media Watch -> Bowyer confirmed as Rovers boss

Good luck to Gary Bowyer, a decent, competent man, who deserves a shot at the job and is probably the best man for it in times such as these.

Has a managerial appointment ever been greeted with such apathy?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fully behind this appointment. It will be an uphill task but I like the faith he puts in youngsters and the fact that he seemed well-liked by the players. Well-liked but not too kind I hope. Next on the list for the summer is to keep a hold of Rhodes, either that or sort it out so we have plenty of time to find a replacement.

Always be cynicism about a trenches manager. That's where we are with this lot in charge. Think he'll do all right till they lose two games and "white in shining army Shebby" will fly in with his all-knowing ignorance and the two " we've been here before" numpiesy will ask Alice "where has our wonderland gone?". Good luck, lad. Youth is the future but beware: the wicked witch of the land of petals - P40 awaiting you (and you're better than those disgraces that went before you).

PS Hope my punctuation serves the punctuation police auw reet? Had to laugh about that silly argument a few days back. Good luck Gary. You'll need it. The club's a sham. Dah!

Guest Norbert

It's about effing time someone came in if nothing else. Is there still talk of a D of F figure coming in?

danny murphy in as a coach maybe..? perhaps wouldn`t be bad in such a role..?

TYPICAL SCOUSE COMMENT

Well we could moan like @#/? or get behind him?

Underwhelmed? Not really. Happy? I think so. Without stating the obvious, it really won't get any better with these idiots in charge.

We can all say that they should have got an experienced manager in, but ultimately this lot don't want that. God knows why. God knows why they're still here. Unless someone can explain away some of the absolute dross that has been signed over the last 2.5 years and the obscene agents fees we've paid (its bloody obvious).

Singh will want his input, shagnew don't give a damn either way. But we get to play Preston pre season so they'll be happy with that.

Hopefully he'll get his say, be allowed to manage, minimise the interference. That's our only hope. With the club structure the way it is you have to doubt it. Mourinho would struggle with these pricks running our club.

Good luck Gary. Don't be their next victim.

[/quoteTHATS ME FINISHED UNLESS SOMEONE CLOSE TALKS ME BACK....NOWT LEARNT

All the best then Abbey. Not sure what you want me to say. We are where we are. Not good to say the least. Possibly worst ever. All I know is that you give a damn and BRFC, OUR club, can't have enough of those people at the minute.

Oh and just in case, to hell with Venkys and their bullshitting blood sucking associates.

Some reports are saying GB took 12 points from 9 games in his 2nd spell, I thought it was more than that.

it took him a while to get them to respond during his 2nd caretaker spell don`t forget. once they did, his record was decent.

TYPICAL SCOUSE COMMENT

yeh, because a liverpool link hasn`t done us any good over the years, has it..? cough, dalglish, speedie and souness, cough..

Giving Bowyer a one year deal is the first intelligent thing to happen at the club since Venkys arrived.

Now for heaven's sake please replace the board as that's where the real rot is, not just Shagnew, Singh as well. Each one is as slimy and corrupt as the next.

Good luck to GB, let's hope you're the first decent manager since Big Sam.

Not exactly jumping for joy... I think a lot have been blinded by the few games as caretaker when building your own squad for a new season (where promotion will be expected) is a bridge too far for Gary and I fear he will be out of his depth.

Of course, we will see and I hope I am wrong. Nothing against him either but I think we should have set our sights a bit higher with someone who has been there and done it in the Championship.

The longer we mess about, the harder it will be to get out of this league.

To be fair Ben I think only Venky's will be expecting promotion at a time when they are looking to cut the wage bill. The supporters I talk with all seem prepared for a long spell in the Championship as we try to rebuild. Sadly, the days of Jack are long gone and it seems to be a return to bargain basement signings and bringing through young players - the strategy of the 1970s and 1980s. I think this is why Gary is such a sensible appointment. Having spent his coaching career working with youngsters he will have the patience and provide the encouragement that they need. One only hopes, although I don't think for a minute they do, that the owners realise that rebuilding this club is going to be a long term project that will require stability both on and off the pitch.

That's some proper battle-hardened cynicism right there. You sure you weren't born in Blackburn? ^_^

Pffffftttttttttt, WTF, no I'm not english, darling! ;)

TYPICAL SCOUSE COMMENT

Come back ABB's. Anyway the typical scouse comment is below:

it took him a while to get them to respond during his 2nd caretaker spell don`t forget. once they did, his record was decent.

yeh, because a liverpool link hasn`t done us any good over the years, has it..? cough, dalglish, speedie and souness, cough..

Liverpool my pale white Scottish ass you robbing barstewards they're bloody Scottish. Thank Liverpool, thank bloody SCOTLANDS superior genetic make-up and obvious disposition for footballing success!!!!!!

Pffffftttttttttt, WTF, no I'm not english, darling! ;)

Come back ABB's. Anyway the typical scouse comment is below:

Liverpool my pale white Scottish ass you robbing barstewards they're bloody Scottish. Thank Liverpool, thank bloody SCOTLANDS superior genetic make-up and obvious disposition for footballing success!!!!!!

Haha. Nice one MABBEY!!!

Good luck to Gary Bowyer, a decent, competent man, who deserves a shot at the job and is probably the best man for it in times such as these.

Has a managerial appointment ever been greeted with such apathy?

You know thats true, lets have a poll shall we, how many on BRFCS are ACTUALLY rovers fans who go to the matches, I'll wager about 60%, there are countless pages on different topics where excuses are made of thats the reason I'm not going anymore etc, Now the Venkys have made a sensible decision on a one year rolling contract that will pay for success and not failure unlike the Shagnew contracts, I suspect they were no where near this one which is probably why it took so dam long.

And remember this we were @#/? last season and still only finished about 15 points from promotion, The likes of who Gary is bringing to the club and hopefully recall Rochina if possible along with who is already here, bloody hell we should have a real good go. So my point is stop the pessimism and be optimistic for a dam change, if all you want to do is diss whatever rovers do , well do it somewhere else.

Tin hat ready of course :rover:

Haha. Nice one MABBEY!!!

Is Fergie spot on when he said that the Scot is the master race?
The average Englishman, in his

home he calls his castle, puts on his national costume - A shabby

Raincoat patented by Charles MacIntosh of Glasgow, Scotland.

He drives a car fitted with tyres invented by John Boyd Dunlop of Dreghorn, Scotland.

At the office he recieves his mail with adhearive stamps which, although

they bear the queen of England's head, were invented by John Chambers

of Dundee, Scotland.

During the day he uses the telephone, Invented by Alexander Graham Bell of Edinburgh, Scotland.

At home in the evening he watches his daughter ride her bicycle,

invented by Kilpatrick MacMillan, A Blacksmith from Dumfries, Scotland.

He watches the news on television which was invented by John Logie Baird

of Helensburough Scotland and hears an item about the U.S. Navy founded

by John Paul Jones of Kirkbean, Scotland.

He has now been reminded too much of Scotland and in desperation picks up

the Bible, only to find that the first man mentioned in the good book is

a Scot - King James VI - who authourised it's translation.

No where can an Englishman turn to escape the ingenuity of the Scots, he

could take to drink but the Scots make the finest in the world, he

could take a rifle and end it all but the breech-loading rifle was

invented by Captain Patrick Ferguson of Pitfours, Scotland.

If he escaped death, he could find himself on an operating table, being

injected with Penicillin, discovered by Alexander Flemming of Darvel,

Scotland, and given an aneasthetic, discovered by Sir James Young

Simpson of Bathgate, Scotland.

Out of the aneasthetic he would find no comfort in learning that he was

as safe as the Bank Of England which was founded by William Patterson of

Dumfries, Scotland.

Perhaps his only hope would be to get a transfusion of good SCOTTISH blood.

Hitler was right we do exist!!!!!!
It just wasn't blonde and blue eyes as he thought but cross-dressing gingers with blue eyes!!!

Guest Norbert

Isn't Steve Kean Scottish? Bang goes the superior argument. And hasn't Scotland got one of the highest rates of heart disease and heroin addiction in Western Europe? It is a shame that Scottish nationalism is not based on the pride of the aforementioned achievenments, but on irrational hatred of the English, the same people who have subsidised Scotland for years, and signed over all the oil fields in English waters. And for the record, the telephone was not invented by Bell, and TV as we know it now was not invented by John Logie Baird.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But to get back on topic, I'm glad about the 1 year rolling contract. 1st sensible decision Venkys have made.

• Moderation Lead

A 12 month rolling contract? Well, when they do get bored and dispose of him, at least there won't be millions in compo to pay out....

Archived