BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Media Watch -> Bowyer confirmed as Rovers boss

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do people expect Gary to say? Personally, see nothing wrong with his approach and for the first time since Big Sam was sacked I'm actually looking forward to a new season. From what I can gather 'Madame' seems to be the term used within all the Venky owned businesses and it would appear that she prefers to deal directly with the 'factory' floor rather than a Board of directors. In the case of the Rovers that means the manager.

Oh deary me. Two Madame references, a claim that the board do a good job and an assurance that he'll drop everything to run to India whenever the whim takes them

Could easily replace the word Bowyer for Kean. I can give it no greater contempt

How about we focus on the fact that Bowyer has been with us for NINE years , nurturing and developing our young players.

How about we also focus on the fact that Bowyer has come in and done a fine job TWICE last season.

How about we also focus on the fact that people like Kamy have said that he is genuinely one of the nice guys.

Whether he does a good job or not is open to debate but to tarnish him with the same brush as Kean is a disgrace, for a start he has hair lol!

How about we focus on the fact that Bowyer has been with us for NINE years , nurturing and developing our young players.

How about we also focus on the fact that Bowyer has come in and done a fine job TWICE last season.

How about we also focus on the fact that people like Kamy have said that he is genuinely one of the nice guys.

Whether he does a good job or not is open to debate but to tarnish him with the same brush as Kean is a disgrace, for a start he has hair lol!

I think its a bit hard to trust anyone whilst Shagnew are still around.

Whilst I agree for the most part, there were people at the time telling us what a great guy Stevie was.

And (in principle) there's nothing wrong with being a baldy. But with great power comes great responsibility and a few have let is down recently.

Oh dear god, seriously guys?! We're actually judging Bowyer on the fact he calls his boss Madame?

She's from a different culture and from a wealthy family. She owns the club so yes, any person under her employment should treat her with the respect she craves or perhaps they'll find themselves jobless.

Bowyer has done a lot for this club. He's been responsible for these top youngsters we've seen recently and last season speaks for itself.

Get your heads sorted if you're actually going to start abusing Bowyer for off-field issues. He's not Kean, he's not lied to us or coiled himself around the club like a snake. He deserves the job.

Some pathetic comments above, Bowyers now equal to Kean because he's polite about his employer! (the more comments like this I read the more I'm sure there's a small handful on here that have further issues with the venkys that aren't even remotely football related)

Some pathetic comments above, Bowyers now equal to Kean because he's polite about his employer! (the more comment like this I read the more I'm sure there's a small handful on here that have other issues with the venkys that aren't football related)

Don't talk like some prick from SSN.

The problem is that she and her co-owners have proved themselves self clueless about running the club time and time again and has repeatedly made decisions that have been baffling and have damaged the club. They, and their inept, useless, UK based 'board', then continually make statements about how everything will be rosy. Their mere association with the club now is enough to turn ardent fans away from the club longing for their departure - and we are obviously we are not talking a small handful here. Probably talking around the 8,000 mark and growing. You know full well where the 'hatred' for Venkys comes from so don't make a tool of yourself by hinting at the same kind of bull that Tantric himself did.

As for Bowyer, I've no problem with him and good luck to him. His record last year was good enough although his appointment is not likely to show that we are serious about righting the wrongs. However he has been at the club long enough to know the plethora of issues relating to the club. He should really know the fans (and general) opinion of the board and the history of the Kean reign. His comments in the LT seem to be more about saying the right things to the people above than to the people who ultimately he should be trying to speak to through that media outlet.

sorry, I forgot that's the brfc/s elephant in the room

I only think its a tiny tiny minority of fans, but sadly their quite a vocal and sometimes influential minority(I mean come on! this is Blackburn and if you take 100 random people at least 20% of them will be dingle minded towards theses things)

Not complaining about Bowyer as I'm sure he's just telling it as he sees it but it's bizarre that he reports to "madame" and not to a board of directors, probably against UK law as well I would think even though I'm far from an expert on company law.

sorry, I forgot that's the brfc/s elephant in the room

I only think its a tiny tiny minority of fans, but sadly their quite a vocal and sometimes influential minority(I mean come on! this is Blackburn and if you take 100 random people at least 20% of them will be dingle minded towards theses things)

I think Venkys have done a fantastic job in removing the race issue from the equation by being universally regarded as incompetents in any culture.

• Moderation Lead

Cant help think that some where just waiting/hoping for them to make a mistake from the day they took over(but yes as you say they went a whole lot better and made an avalanche of mistakes)

Give me a minute, I'll go and grab you some more straws to clutch at......

Cant help think that some where just waiting/hoping for them to make a mistake from the day they took over(but yes as you say they went a whole lot better and made an avalanche of mistakes)

Sadly, you're probably right. The race card is an easy 1 for people in the media to play though isn't it when fortunately the protests have concentrated on their total ineptness.

What do people expect Gary to say? Personally, see nothing wrong with his approach and for the first time since Big Sam was sacked I'm actually looking forward to a new season. From what I can gather 'Madame' seems to be the term used within all the Venky owned businesses and it would appear that she prefers to deal directly with the 'factory' floor rather than a Board of directors. In the case of the Rovers that means the manager.

+1000. I totally agree nothing wrong with Bowyer reporting to Mrs D. Fans have to trust Bowyer. Kamy, Parsonblue and Glen Mullan have all posted what type of person Bowyer is.

Good Post Imy9. agree 100%

Has Bowyer been instructed to call her 'Madame'?..how arrogant and embarrassing for all concerned.

Here we go again folks!

I couldn't care less what he calls Mrs D personally as long as She allow Bowyer to do his job without any inference from Shebby, Shaw and Agnew. All 3 of them need to support Bowyer and not interfere at All in Bowyer's job.

Oh dear god, seriously guys?! We're actually judging Bowyer on the fact he calls his boss Madame?

She's from a different culture and from a wealthy family. She owns the club so yes, any person under her employment should treat her with the respect she craves or perhaps they'll find themselves jobless.

Bowyer has done a lot for this club. He's been responsible for these top youngsters we've seen recently and last season speaks for itself.

Get your heads sorted if you're actually going to start abusing Bowyer for off-field issues. He's not Kean, he's not lied to us or coiled himself around the club like a snake. He deserves the job.

Some fans just like to moaned!!!

Fans need to get behind Bowyer and give him all the support he deserves

I couldn't agree more TJ Newton. Some fans are just waiting to say that Bowyer was the wrong appointment by the owners.

The owners have made huge mistakes. sure they are learned from this.

I couldn't agree more TJ Newton. Some fans are just waiting to say that Bowyer was the wrong appointment by the owners.

The owners have made huge mistakes. sure they are learned from this.

think you've slightly miss read what we where talking about,

but what your saying there is spot on as well.

Some pathetic comments above, Bowyers now equal to Kean because he's polite about his employer! (the more comments like this I read the more I'm sure there's a small handful on here that have further issues with the venkys that aren't even remotely football related)

Elaborate and give proof of these accusations you are accusing fans of .

think you've slightly miss read what we where talking about,

but what your saying there is spot on as well.

Yeah I did.

Just listened to Bowyer interview on Rovers player and he really wanted this job and now he has it, then he needs all the fans backing and support.

Just hope all fans will do this and NOT look for any negative point after a few games.

Bowyer needs to judge at the end of next season NOT after 6 games!

Some people need to get a @#/? grip, really...

Yes we are owned and run by morons but do we have to pick holes in everything?

Besides being here for 9 years Bowyer unquestionably saved us from a second successive relegation and united a divided and previously uninterested team.

Of course he's going to call his boss by the name they prefer, who wouldn't? It's like saying "Alright Adolf" instead of "Heil Hitler" in Nazi Germany- you'd be gone before you finished your sentence.

I think some fans on here would prefer it if Kean was still here because it would give them something else to moan and fantasise about.

:brfcsmilie: BACK BOWYER!!! :brfcsmilie:

Elaborate and give proof of these accusations you are accusing fans of .

proof! ha, (yes your honour)

This is Blackburn, there's lots of small minded, ignorant, bigoted people in Blackburn(im sure we all know a few) so law of averages says that there's obviously going to be a good few amongst rovers fans(and those types are usually the loudest trouble makers/gobs##### on the terraces), but like I say only a tiny tiny minority.

Good reply Imy but perhaps you might want to consult this handy chart the next time you are tempted to reply to that particular poster -

Troll%20Flowchart.png

Archived