BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

We only play with one up top though, throw a second one on if we are losing. And IMO last year's squad was nowhere near good enough for play-offs, we were in a relegation fight until Millwall.

Totally agree and from what I have seen thus far I think Gary will do well to finish mid-table this season with or without Rhodes.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Kilgannon would have joined without the guarantee of 1st team football when fit, hopefully it will only be Dann shipped out(transfer or loan, I couldn't care less he's a total liability in defence) I personally see Hanley as our most valuable player(after Rhodes) would be dump to sell him for less than 6/7 mill.

lol GM throws in a morsel and 10 mins later we have been through the entire first team!!

the biggest debate on here would probably surround Lowe tbh, he polarizes opinion on here like no other current player

For the record - i like Lowe, a lot of his work goes unnoticed, hes a grafter and has more often than not impressed me whenever he's pulled on a Eng jersey.

• Backroom

Would the sale of Rhodes see the transfer fee reinvested into the squad ???

If I was a betting man the answer would be no .

So on that basis a sale would generate cash but not a replacement .

That's not a gamble worth taking

Glen didn't you imply the other day that if we sold Rhodes it would be Gary Bowyers decision or was that someone else?

If so there's no way he'd sell if he wasn't going to get the cash to spend

• Backroom

Are you mad? :(

Sure, let's make our defence leakier than it is. Hanley is out best defensive player currently imo. Dann continues to regularly duck under the ball and shy away from challenges. Sometimes it's sensible play, but he's (imo) a big reason we leaked so many goals last season.

In recent years my club have been very adept at selling players right at the end of the window, giving the ready excuses of 'its to late to buy - but don't worry the loan window opens soon' and 'there's no value in the market so late and players prices are inflated'.

IF you sell Rhodes (and I'm still struggling to see who would take a 10 million punt in the Prem and few clubs at this level have that sort of money) I'd expect you'll hear the same excuses!

Glen didn't you imply the other day that if we sold Rhodes it would be Gary Bowyers decision or was that someone else?

If so there's no way he'd sell if he wasn't going to get the cash to spend

I was thinking the same gm's posts tday contradict what he posted the other day(so no change there then)

• Backroom

I was thinking the same gm's posts tday contradict what he posted the other day(so no change there then)

I don't think its that as such I just wondered if something has changed otherwise there isn't a chance bowyer would want to sell him if he wouldn't see the cash

If Rhodes is still here in September, I think we will have reason for optimism.

What a crying shame, if we are to be denied the opportunity because of the financial mess left by the profligate, egotistical mismanagement of Singh et al !

Wasn't Singh the very reason we signed Rhodes?

Sure, let's make our defence leakier than it is. Hanley is out best defensive player currently imo. Dann continues to regularly duck under the ball and shy away from challenges. Sometimes it's sensible play, but he's (imo) a big reason we leaked so many goals last season.

Jordan Rhodes is the most prolific goalscorer we've seen since Shearer? And you want to let him go? Jesus wept, you're taking the wee wee surely?

• Backroom

Jordan Rhodes is the most prolific goalscorer we've seen since Shearer? And you want to let him go? Jesus wept, you're taking the wee wee surely?

No, I don't want to let him go. There are many players I'd want to go before him, but Hanley isn't one of them. Keeping Hanley is (imo) more important than keeping Rhodes, however.

Shaerer was(and I think still is) the premier leagues all time greatest goalscorer(he was also a great leader and probably created almost as many as he scored) Rhodes is a proven prolific scorer at this level(but there's been dozens of prolific scorers at this level that couldn't even get double figures when given a chance in the prem)

Rhodes is a great luxury to have in the team and im happy he's here, but he's no Shearer

No, I don't want to let him go. There are many players I'd want to go before him, but Hanley isn't one of them. Keeping Hanley is (imo) more important than keeping Rhodes, however.

agree with you mate, as i believe all good teams are based on defensive stability first and foremost. if we can keep a settled line up in that area, it`s more than half the battle won imo.

Shaerer was(and I think still is) the premier leagues all time greatest goalscorer(he was also a great leader and probably created almost as many as he scored) Rhodes is a proven prolific scorer at this level(but there's been dozens of prolific scorers at this level that couldn't even get double figures when given a chance in the prem)

Rhodes is a great luxury to have in the team and im happy he's here, but he's no Shearer

he`s not even a kevin phillips(in his pomp) YET..

Archived