BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I will give you one that he got right mate and its very apt for this thread because Glen "gave" us Jordan Rhodes a month before he signed...in fact I'll hazard a guess that the first time Glen mentioned our interest in Rhodes even Rhodes himself didn't have a clue about that interest...

I once said to him that I didn't know why he passed any information on to any of these threads. The vast majority only ever believe what they want to and these include you. You honestly believe because you watch a player on a Saturday and because he seems a "nice" lad then you must be right about him!?

What you have to remember is that info is only good in that moment because things change...I have only ever posted one thing which was 100% true and it was NOT worth it for the drivel that followed...

Was glen one of the folk that nudged Shebby in the right direction?

Glen has got plenty right in the past to be fair and was on a podcast on here before the action group or any Kean out protests ever happened

I will give you one that he got right mate and its very apt for this thread because Glen "gave" us Jordan Rhodes a month before he signed...in fact I'll hazard a guess that the first time Glen mentioned our interest in Rhodes even Rhodes himself didn't have a clue about that interest...

I once said to him that I didn't know why he passed any information on to any of these threads. The vast majority only ever believe what they want to and these include you. You honestly believe because you watch a player on a Saturday and because he seems a "nice" lad then you must be right about him!?

What you have to remember is that info is only good in that moment because things change...I have only ever posted one thing which was 100% true and it was NOT worth it for the drivel that followed...

Mani, I thought you posted quite a bit of sense with credibility previously until this. You've now nailed your colours to the mast and I've got to say I'm disappointed and surprised but perhaps shouldn't have been. If I were to be really cynical I'd ask is this Shebby's last stand?

Shebby? Is that you? Your tea's on the table.

But what if in that same period his goals make a huge contribution to keeping us in this league amidst all the other restructuring and building a young raw team. If he keeps scoring goals he's doing what he is paid to do, no mistake there.

Oh please...

Teams do not spend 8 million pounds on 1 player to keep them in the Championship and the player was certainly not persuaded to join with that as the 'carrot'!!!

I'd say with confidence that if he does stay this season (a big if) that he'll definitely be gone by the next one. It won't be for a profit either.

Finally, if we're now in the realms of being happy we've spent so heavily on a squad that can avoid relegation to the third tier, I'd say the Venks have done a sterling job in lowering supporters' expectations.

What"s up with you? Are you simply upset that it looks increasingly likely Rhodes will be leaving or the fact that Bowyer's interview in the LT merely seems to confirm the implausibility of your claims about Rhodes' attitude?

Oh please...

Teams do not spend 8 million pounds on 1 player to keep them in the Championship and the player was certainly not persuaded to join with that as the 'carrot'!!!

I'd say with confidence that if he does stay this season (a big if) that he'll definitely be gone by the next one. It won't be for a profit either.

Finally, if we're now in the realms of being happy we've spent so heavily on a squad that can avoid relegation to the third tier, I'd say the Venks have done a sterling job in lowering supporters' expectations.

Your missing the point. Im saying that if he stays, maybe because no one will bid enough or he won't go because he won't get the same wage anywhere else. He's paid to score goals and if he does that all over the length of his contract, no matter what division or how bad the team around him then how the hell can that be a waste of money. Ashley Ward was a waste of money, Grabbi, Ostenstad and to date Best. Not Jordan Rhodes, whatever or whoever or how much, he isn't a waste of money.

What"s up with you? Are you simply upset that it looks increasingly likely Rhodes will be leaving or the fact that Bowyer's interview in the LT merely seems to confirm the implausibility of your claims about Rhodes' attitude?

Rev, don't give up the ghost re Rhodes, it's never over till the fat lady sings! Unbelievably,as I did prior to last Saturdays game, hands clasped together and look skywards. You never know, it may yield 3 points against The Trotters and see Rhodes lead our line until January at least, it worked against The Tykes! Unfortunately I'm normally a heathen!

Fingers crossed!

Exactly right. I said it on another thread, but anyone that still believes Nixon needs to give their head a wobble, he has no credibility, contacts and changes his allegiance that often, I can't keep up with him.

He's been pro-Burnley, pro-Rovers, pro-Bolton and now appears to be pro-Wigan. Absolutely tragic.

After browsing the Wandersway boards it's clear he's non to popular over there now judging by the colourful language lol (no swear filter there) I doubt he goes anywhere near Turf Moor these days well he;ll be adding the Breezeblock to that soon. Pity the JW stand is so polite and empty these days, i bet he'd certainly get an earful in the Riverside :)

Rev, don't give up the ghost re Rhodes, it's never over till the fat lady sings! Unbelievably,as I did prior to last Saturdays game, hands clasped together and look skywards. You never know, it may yield 3 points against The Trotters and see Rhodes lead our line until January at least, it worked against The Tykes! Unfortunately I'm normally a heathen!

Fingers crossed!

Whoops! Sorry! Typo on my part!

I meant to put 'increasingly unlikely he'll leave".

• Moderation Lead

After browsing the Wandersway boards it's clear he's non to popular over there now judging by the colourful language lol (no swear filter there) I doubt he goes anywhere near Turf Moor these days well he;ll be adding the Breezeblock to that soon. Pity the JW stand is so polite and empty these days, i bet he'd certainly get an earful in the Riverside :)

He'll be as popular at Ewood as at turf, they bloody hate him!!

Amazing how the wheel of opinion has turned full circle on Nixon on here, it's not so long ago that anyone daring to query anything he wrote (usually me) was hung drawn and quartered then the bits that were left flayed alive by the Nickoteens.

If you treat some of his output with the same sort of scepticism you would normally reserve for a story in the Sunday Sport about Elvis being found on the moon I find most of his work quite entertaining and readable which is his job as a tabloid journalist.

Sooner or later though, with the sort of speculation he indulges in he's always going to upset the fanbase of one Club or another.

Your missing the point. Im saying that if he stays, maybe because no one will bid enough or he won't go because he won't get the same wage anywhere else. He's paid to score goals and if he does that all over the length of his contract, no matter what division or how bad the team around him then how the hell can that be a waste of money. Ashley Ward was a waste of money, Grabbi, Ostenstad and to date Best. Not Jordan Rhodes, whatever or whoever or how much, he isn't a waste of money.

If a Championship club pays £8m for a player, it's in the belief that he will make a huge difference to the teams results. They wouldn't pay that money otherwise. I have no doubt whatsoever that the Raos believed that he would take us back to the PL. we got nowhere near to that, so for rovers the club, the plan didn't work. So far, it's been a failure. For Rhodes personally he's been successful, but we didn't buy for that reason.

I think that's fair, don't you?

If a Championship club pays £8m for a player, it's in the belief that he will make a huge difference to the teams results. They wouldn't pay that money otherwise. I have no doubt whatsoever that the Raos believed that he would take us back to the PL. we got nowhere near to that, so for rovers the club, the plan didn't work. So far, it's been a failure. For Rhodes personally he's been successful, but we didn't buy for that reason.

Your right but that wasn't the argument and basicaly you've just answered it. Rhodes has been succesful he's done his bit therefore he isn't a waste of money. The rest of the basketcases haven't done theirs.

So Rhodes got bought to take us back up?

Have the Rao's told you that or have you just posted it to suit your viewpoint?

I would say he got bought to score goals. That is what a club buys a striker for.

The club pays a manager to get results. In our case the remit was promotion. That task can't be heaped onto one individual player.

It's equally fair to say that's not Rhodes' fault. He did his bit, the other players didn't do theirs.

I could understand yours and jimmy's argument if spending 8m on Rhodes last season meant that no money was spent elsewhere on the squad causing it to fail. But that wasn't the case, we spent megabucks by Championship standards on former Premiership players Murphy Etuhu and Best and former international Gomes plus various others. We were good to go then Best got injured preseason and allegedly Kean was after Simon Cox but seemingly Shebby persuaded the owners to push the boat out for Rhodes instead.

Maybe it was thought he would be the cherry on top of the cake that would push us to promotion and indeed he was that cherry. Trouble was, there was no cake. It wasn't for want of lashing money out trying to purchase all the most expensive ingredients though.

It's equally fair to say that's not Rhodes' fault. He did his bit, the other players didn't do theirs

I haven't blamed Rhodes for anything Rev. Rhodes has done more than could be asked of him. my point is, that If he was bought as the key to promotion, it failed. That's fact isn't it?

Mani, I thought you posted quite a bit of sense with credibility previously until this. You've now nailed your colours to the mast and I've got to say I'm disappointed and surprised but perhaps shouldn't have been. If I were to be really cynical I'd ask is this Shebby's last stand?

Ha ha fair enough..i am definitely not Shebby Singh I can assure you!!

I haven't blamed Rhodes for anything Rev. Rhodes has done more than could be asked of him. my point is, that If he was bought as the key to promotion, it failed. That's fact isn't it?

Yes, but but if you're accepting that Rhodes did everything that could reasonably be asked of him, then by definition the fault must lie elsewhere.

You've convinced me Mani. If you had started that sentence "Ha ha, well you know, ha ha, " then I'm afraid the game was up. A singular "Ha ha" is acceptable.

😀

You've convinced me Mani. If you had started that sentence "Ha ha, well you know, ha ha, " then I'm afraid the game was up. A singular "Ha ha" is acceptable.

😀

Cheers pal, I felt an overwhelming feeling of nausea when being compared to Shebby...

Yes, but but if you're accepting that Rhodes did everything that could reasonably be asked of him, then by definition the fault must lie elsewhere.

I'm not looking for fault Rev. Someone posted that signing Rhodes was a success. I'm saying that for that kind of money - a total outlay of what : 12m or more, the owners will have expected it to have had a big influence on results. In that respect, it has so far,failed. No one can really say otherwise, can they?

That's all.

I didn't say you were. Ha, Ha!

I suggest you read what I have written and in the appropriate context and then answer appropriately if you deem it fit.

do I really need to spell it out?

Archived