BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers looking to appoint Director of Football

a decent wage(shebby`s if he`s fired off eh?), and full control may tempt him.

Dream on, will never happen. They have promised so many things, and went against all of it. "we will not disrupt the current management structure" or something like that, and well we know what followed.

John Williams is no fool, and neither is Tom Finn. The only time they might return, is if Venkys clear off into the distance. If Bowyer is not involved in this DOF coming in, well, then already he will be wondering if he will have much say in things re playing staff. Bowyer will have to have agreed with this as well as certain conditions, otherwise its going to be another painful season if there is no unity between the manager and whoever the DOF will be.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From today's LT it says Mike Rigg in frame for Ewood Role as Venky's are continuing their attempts to bring in a new senior football executive.

That's just filler at the bottom of the article. He just mentions for is rumoured for the role, but it sounds like he is just referring to rumours on this forum like Rigg and Pearson. Has Kenyon been mentioned on here?

From today's LT it says Mike Rigg in frame for Ewood Role as Venky's are continuing their attempts to bring in a new senior football executive.

Chaddy, I think you could well be the LT's "source" of that one!

Feel a bit sorry for the LT staff, actually. It must be tough to get those "scoops" now that Aggers has left.

Chaddy, I think you could well be the LT's "source" of that one!

Feel a bit sorry for the LT staff, actually. It must be tough to get those "scoops" now that Aggers has left.

did you honestly think that People at LT look at this site and use what people say on here in the paper then you are deluded

did you honestly think that People at LT look at this site and use what people say on here in the paper then you are deluded

:lol: It was tongue in cheek but since you ask, where do you think the made up stories come from, Chaddy? Why do you think it always says "source" or "insider"? You are so naive, it would be really easy to believe that you've made up your age on your profile - by about double. :rolleyes:

Oh and just remember these kind of posts next time you get another persecution complex.

:lol: It was tongue in cheek but since you ask, where do you think the made up stories come from, Chaddy? Why do you think it always says "source" or "insider"? You are so naive, it would be really easy to believe that you've made up your age on your profile - by about double. :rolleyes:

Oh and just remember these kind of posts next time you get another persecution complex.

yet again.

Firstly, I am 28 years old thanks. Have a full time job aswell. Getting pretty bored of this now.

Secondly, The reason I mention Mike Rigg was he was here as Chief Scout under Hughes. plus he has been technical director at Man City and Qpr Director of Football, so when Kamy mention it was ex Rovers and the roles this guy has held after leaving Rovers, make me post his name on here. didn't/don't whether he will get the job.

Chaddy responded to a question I posed. I merely mentioned that an Ex Rovers scout had just left a Premier club and I couldn't remember who he was. The question was put after reading Kamys suggestion.

Chaddy knew who it was and posted the name. So fair play.

The thread then continued from there. I suspect that the 'rumour' posted in the LT is a rumour taken from this site.

Chaddy, here's a tale for you.

Few years ago it was rumoured (on here) we were after some Bulgarian winger, Dostoyevsky or something. One poster reckoned he was dead fast, had been something like the Bulgarian national U20 sprint champion. Guess what 'fact' appeared in the LT the day after. About a week later the poster admitted to making it all up and how he'd tinkered with Wikipedia to back his story up.

Why do you think Nicko hung around here? For the good of his health?

Chaddy, here's a tale for you.

Few years ago it was rumoured (on here) we were after some Bulgarian winger, Dostoyevsky or something. One poster reckoned he was dead fast, had been something like the Bulgarian national U20 sprint champion. Guess what 'fact' appeared in the LT the day after. About a week later the poster admitted to making it all up and how he'd tinkered with Wikipedia to back his story up.

Why do you think Nicko hung around here? For the good of his health?

I can believe it as well, the phrase lazy journalism exists for a reasons Mr Chaddy.

There was also a more recent one around the time when Nicko was trying to divert attention away from Anderson and Nicko's man love interest Kean and on to Pini Zahavi, the only place the rumour appeared was on here and was entirely plausible and ticked the right boxes , but completely made up and was reported by the good man himself. A little bit of research would have killed the rumour dead in the water.

That's one thing that Andy Cryer at the LT used to do well, check things , unfortunately they are a bit stuck since he left especially as the "ewood mole" "club source" "spokesman for the club" is not providing press releases on behalf of himself for their stories and is hopefully struggling to find employment.

Guest Norbert

Adam Pearson is probably the ex-Derby and Hull chairman. Odd if he's in a D of F role, as he has been in a role more akin to Peter Kenyon, David Gill or John Williams

• Backroom

Can someone please confirm at the end of the LET article that Adam Pearson could be interviewed for the DOF position am I right in thinking this is the same Pearson formerly at Leicester?

That's Nigel Pearson (I think)

Deluded or not, it used to happen quiet a bit (pre Andy Cryer & Kamy). They did stories around our poll results so often we intentionally fixed one for a few days (before displaying the real results) to see if they'd bite.

I have to stress, this is the dim and distant past and we didn't always play fair ourselves back then. Nowadays I've nothing but respect for the LT's journos. Though it has lead to us only really covering news nobody else has yet, rather than just repeating every story you can find on the LT/Twitter/Churnalism Site.

... and whilst we're on the subject. Just as we're trying to stop other threads becoming personal, the same applied here. Just because I (like many of you) don't agree with Chaddy's original premise, it doesn't need to degenerate into Chaddy vs the world, his age (which is a scary reminder of just how long this community has been running) is pretty much irrelevant. I'm sure many of you still see him as the over-talkative kid that joined when the site was mainly over 30s.

So much news is nowadays just a rehash of one comment on twitter, BBC are one of the worst for it. The other day they had a whole article about club vs country coming from one comment from Gary Linekar that said "never help ourselves".

Not wanting to interrupt the conversation, as I'm not following this thread too closely, but why don't people take posts from others as an opinion and not as a slight on their own integrity.

It's not as though Chaddy had had it off with your lady (or bloke).

It is his opinion.

Keep doing it Chaddy.

And thanks Glenn for reminding me about my age. I've worn out many a desktop on this site.

Guest Norbert

That butthole? No thank you. One of those corporate gobshites who got over promoted and made sure everyone knew he was 'the big man'. Classless and pretty much clueless. Not a D of F either.

Archived