BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers looking to appoint Director of Football

like a virgin on the ridiculous

you either drink special brew xxxx or you get off on winding or trying to wind people up.Warnock is one the biggest tossers in football.

In real life Warnock is the nastiest man I ever met in football. I don't want him anywhere near Ewood. He is another form of Kean ie a lying, two faced slimeball.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His cv's impressive for a relatively young guy, he would definitely be an improvement over all the current board combined, but after the last few years I just find it hard(almost impossible) to trust these types of behind the scenes people/agents/execs/heads of recruitment and also after reading the steve kean article in the other thread it means you have to take all of these types of self-promoting, boastful articles with a pinch of salt.

Has to be Mike Rigg. My cynical side says he would have been at City when Jerome Anderson was advising them.

Why would anyone wants Tony Parkes? He hasn't been relevant in the game for a decade. And even when he was he was never DoF material.

Has to be Mike Rigg. My cynical side says he would have been at City when Jerome Anderson was advising them.

Why would anyone wants Tony Parkes? He hasn't been relevant in the game for a decade. And even when he was he was never DoF material.

Rigg and Hughes wasnt at City when that certain agent was there.

That certain agent advised the previous Man City owner who from Thailand not the current owners from Middle East.

Rigg wasnt in charge of players contracts and paying them. he was there of scouting players and bring players in but the sorting financial side of Qpr. that was Philip Beard who is QPR CEO.

like a virgin on the ridiculous

you either drink special brew xxxx or you get off on winding or trying to wind people up.Warnock is one the biggest tossers in football.

Jesus wept! Cant you calm down a bit?

I mentioned that he fancied himself for that kind of role and suggested that he might be in the running not that I wanted him appointed.

I don't really like the DoF role. I'd rather the manager just sort all his own stuff out and live or die by it.

Venky`s imo have always favoured the idea of a director of football, with a young manager. Shebby was effectively DoF imo last season, it was just hidden with the `global advisor` title to prevent critisism they knew would happen owing to his inexperience for such a role.

I don`t like the idea at all. bowyer should be responsibile for the team and that`s it. Yes, bring in top man at boardroom level, but not a `DoF`.

• Backroom

I don't really like the DoF role. I'd rather the manager just sort all his own stuff out and live or die by it.

It might just be on here but I'm sure I've read that Bowyer may have actually requested a DoF.

Guest Norbert

With the alleged interference Shebby had in the club, you might be quite right Saxo. I could see how he may at least see himself in that role, and was allowed to poke his nose in by Venky's.

Warnock would be a disaster. Known to be a complete s__t of a man, would probably throw his weight around and try to dominate Bowyer and generally stink the place out. Was an average manager at best as well. You'd need an efficient, dilligent character who could convince and charm potential signings etc. that they should sign for Rovers, and that we are not a circus. Warnock is not famed for his charm or diplomacy. Or being able to spot great players.

If the role is more about advising Bowyer and scouting, then perhaps an old ex-manager who still has the contacts would be better. If it more about the admin, co-ordinating the various bits of the football side, managing contracts etc. then it should be someone who knows more about that sort of thing. Who knows, perhaps Stuart Ripley might be able to do that sort of thing.

It might just be on here but I'm sure I've read that Bowyer may have actually requested a DoF.

that's my understand aswell that Bowyer wants a director of football in place.

what duties will the director of football/technical director have we don't know.

If Bowyer wants a DoF in place then I'm sure that it will be someone he trusts and someone he can work with and knows he not after his job.

what do fans feel if Bowyer wants a Director of Football in place???

Don't think there is a problem with a director of football but before that we need a experienced respected management structure above that position to keep tabs on it, unfortunately we have experienced a DOF role of sorts with no proper management structure or control from above recently, unfortunately it was done by a manager (i use the term loosely) and his agent and we know what problems that as caused, although very profitable for some.

Don't think there is a problem with a director of football but before that we need a experienced respected management structure above that position to keep tabs on it, unfortunately we have experienced a DOF role of sorts with no proper management structure or control from above recently, unfortunately it was done by a manager (i use the term loosely) and his agent and we know what problems that as caused, although very profitable for some.

In other words, why can't we just have a standard, conventional structure that might actually have a chance of succeeding? ( and I agree )

Guest Norbert

It has worked elsewhere in football, but it isn't in the culture here. As long as the two individuals can work together, and there are clearly defined parameters and job descriptions I think it could work in England. Not every manager is a one man tornado of action like Ferguson, Wenger, Dalglish etc. Some would probably be better off doing the coaching and team building, whilst the contract details and some of the scouting are dealt with by others.

Hmm not sure how he can sit there and say that Yaya Toure went to Man City for anything but the money when he initially joined.

Plus how much are QPR paying Samba??

I think Rigg had been shown the door before Samba arrived. I don't know if he is in employment anywhere at the moment. The fact that Mark Hughes trusted him surely makes him suitable candidate or least deserving of an interview.

that's my understand aswell that Bowyer wants a director of football in place.

what duties will the director of football/technical director have we don't know.

If Bowyer wants a DoF in place then I'm sure that it will be someone he trusts and someone he can work with and knows he not after his job.

what do fans feel if Bowyer wants a Director of Football in place???

Where does this understanding come from that Bowyer wants a Director of Football in place?

Archived