BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers looking to appoint Director of Football

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I am not allowed to reveal the name, I can say that the the person that has been interviewed for the DOF role has been previously was previously employed by the club (pre-Venky's), not a big name but someone who has best interest of the club at heart. Sorry I am not allowed to say anymore on this one.

I doubt that he is the only one that has been interviewed, I pretty sure that they have talked to other people as well.

To be honest, other than those vvery close to the family the family, no one knows exactly what is going on. They are keeping things close to their chests. Even Shebby doesn't even know what is going to happen. I think that this is a positive, but now I hope that they make some sensible decisions.

Another key date to watch is 29th June, that will be a year to when Shaw was appointed. Speculation is that there is some sort of clause in his contract which allows them to review things after 12 months. Although the 29th is a Saturday, so maybe decisions will be made on 1st July if rumoured clause is true.

Terry Darracott spent a while at Rovers. He is from the North West so could be him.

Also Derek Fazackerley is available.

Bowyer is also reported in the LT as looking to bring in someone on the scouting side. One report in the nationals stated that an ex Rovers scout had just left a premiership club. I didn't take much notice of the story, so can't remember his name or the club. Possibly Man City.

Knowing our luck it'll be either Shebby........or you know who.

Perhaps a D of F would be suitable for someone like Bowyer. He can get on with the coaching, whilst the D of F can scout around to find players for certain positions Bowyer specifies, do the admin/contracts and suchlike. Obviously it works best when bot the D of F and manager get on, and agree on which players to hire and fire. There needs to be a clear definition of who has the last say in these matters though.

Bloody expensive club scout you are advocating there Norbert.

As for admin / contracts etc then surely either we have people capable in house or that task could be out sourced to dot the legal i's and cross the legal t's of player contracts without a full time appointment being necessary? Why does everyone seem to think that a 'name' that we all know should be appointed?

However given that the VenkyMob are taking this step I can only assume that in going with GB they must have appointed a football man with limited managerial and HR skills and the idea could be to provide a 'mentor' for him. Possibly a back stop even. Not everybody who goes through Sandhurst makes a fully fledged Field Marshall do they? Agent involvement and Freedom of contract and marde arse individuals these days does frequently necessitate a velvet glove / iron fist capability on tap. Thats why Rathbone left Everton I understand..... (btw he must be kicking himself now. )

Prob pie in the sky but I rather hoped a dozen or so years ago that the club could have utilised the skill and experience of Graham Kelly. He's supposedly a BRFC supporter but it's prob too late now, he's been out of the loop too long and must be top 60's now.

I'd class Faz as a big name. Not in that role but in terms of his stature in football.

If it's him though I'm starting to think our recruitment and scouting did their business after the legends match!

40DF0D25-5CE6-495D-802F-18319B4D0558-104

Short as 2nd First Team coach

Big Col as Reserve Team coach

Faz as DoF

P Gallagher as Rhodes' replacement

K Gallagher as Press Officer

Garner as new PR advisor

Ripley as CEO

Filan - office clerk

Atko and Hignett - utilities

Newell as sunbed technician

Poor old Tugay spent so long on the pitch afterwards that he missed the meeting!

While I am not allowed to reveal the name, I can say that the the person that has been interviewed for the DOF role has been previously was previously employed by the club (pre-Venky's), not a big name but someone who has best interest of the club at heart. Sorry I am not allowed to say anymore on this one.

I doubt that he is the only one that has been interviewed, I pretty sure that they have talked to other people as well.

To be honest, other than those vvery close to the family the family, no one knows exactly what is going on. They are keeping things close to their chests. Even Shebby doesn't even know what is going to happen. I think that this is a positive, but now I hope that they make some sensible decisions.

Another key date to watch is 29th June, that will be a year to when Shaw was appointed. Speculation is that there is some sort of clause in his contract which allows them to review things after 12 months. Although the 29th is a Saturday, so maybe decisions will be made on 1st July if rumoured clause is true.

One would think if they've decided to get rid of Shaw the decision will have been made and the actual date itself will just trigger the announcement. Bet he's getting a bit twitchy!

With the Financial Director reportedly working her notice surely there will be more appointments than just a DoF?

if venky`s really want the fans back on side, then they would offer john williams a return to the club and give him power to run the club as he see`s fit, appointing his own men. can anyone think of a better man for the job? i can`t..

I can't imagine him ever coming back to the club whilst Venkys are involved.

Hmm not sure how he can sit there and say that Yaya Toure went to Man City for anything but the money when he initially joined.

Plus how much are QPR paying Samba??

• Moderation Lead

if venky`s really want the fans back on side, then they would offer john williams a return to the club and give him power to run the club as he see`s fit, appointing his own men. can anyone think of a better man for the job? i can`t..

He's head of the referees I think so it won't be him.

Lets be honest madonna would be like a prayer compared to Shebby!

like a virgin on the ridiculous

Sir Alex Ferguson :)

Actually, in all seriousness, Neil Warnock has been touting himself for this kind of role. Apparently, he reckons it has become more suited to the modern game and contemporary set ups at clubs and believes his experience makes him perfect for the position.

you either drink special brew xxxx or you get off on winding or trying to wind people up.Warnock is one the biggest tossers in football.

Archived