BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

As usual I was ahead of the game. I was looking at Friday's weather when I'll be at Old Trafford

Apologies for treading on your toes. Making stuff up is your area of expertise

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

But 3 it is not Moeen's best position he averages 13 batting at 3 that is more than half his career average. If Stokes isn't going to be bowling much he should bat at 3 he's got the technique & temperament to bat there. And the Aussie's would hate to see it as they are clueless as to how to bowl at him.

its what suits the team first. Team is more important and moving Root, Brook and Stokes up the order doesn't suit them and the team. 

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Superb by England today, especially with the sun out for most of the day!

Woakes was on fire and just brilliant by Broad to have taken 600 wickets.

It’s once again setup nicely for an England onslaught.  

England played excellent today. Played the conditions excellent

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

its what suits the team first. Team is more important and moving Root, Brook and Stokes up the order doesn't suit them and the team. 

But batting Moeen at 3 doesn't suit him. Moeen averages 13.14 batting at 3 whereas Root averages 39.67, so it clearly suits Root more than Moeen.

But I'd bat Stokes at 3 he is perfectly suited to bat there and given how little he has bowled of late he is being wasted down at 6.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

But batting Moeen at 3 doesn't suit him. Moeen averages 13.14 batting at 3 whereas Root averages 39.67, so it clearly suits Root more than Moeen.

But I'd bat Stokes at 3 he is perfectly suited to bat there and given how little he has bowled of late he is being wasted down at 6.

And 4 suits Root more. Ali wants to bat 3 and he helps keep our key players in the correct batting order they want to bat in

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And 4 suits Root more. Ali wants to bat 3 and he helps keep our key players in the correct batting order they want to bat in

In that case bat Root at 5 that him even more he averages over 68 batting there.

Edited by Ewood Ace

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Superb by England today, especially with the sun out for most of the day!

Woakes was on fire and just brilliant by Broad to have taken 600 wickets.

It’s once again setup nicely for an England onslaught.  

Match is delicately poised in my view. Don't let the last 2 Aussie wickets get 50.

Remember its a 5 day game!

• Like 2

England had them 255-7 and it's disappointing they're now at 299-8. It's imperative we knock the last 2 over quickly. Anderson hasn't had much luck but you get the feeling he's coming to an end. Agree with the above that Woakes should have played throughout the series. Root is the key - get the head down, play proper cricket shots, and make a big score. 

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Manchester weather forecast for dull and cool with showers tomorrow ........ theoretically not good for batting and ought to favour the bowlers

And England need to knock those last 2 wickets over cheaply. 300 may already be too many

Anything under 350 is a poor score. How many Aussies have got in and then got out when set today? If that had been England you would have been lambasting them Jim.

• Like 1

We’ve just driven over Woodhead Pass and Manchester is bathed in early morning sunshine, a real picture.

Clean up these final Aussie wickets and lets get after them.

Come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏏

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Anything under 350 is a poor score. How many Aussies have got in and then got out when set today? If that had been England you would have been lambasting them Jim.

I’m not sure they’ve got too many already because I don’t trust this England team not to throw their wickets away at any point. And we don’t need a repeat of Edgbaston where their last 2 wickets put on 70 runs

Edited by jim mk2

33 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I’m not sure they’ve got too many already because I don’t trust this England team not to throw their wickets away at any point. And we don’t need a repeat of Edgbaston where their last 2 wickets put on 70 runs

The best thing about yesterday is that either way the game will move on quickly today. We have to force a result. I'd rather we score 450-500 when we bat, but even if we score 250 it still gives us a chance to win the test match (assuming the last 2 Aussie wickets don't put on silly extra runs).

We’ve made light work of that, now let’s push on under sunny skies and warm temperatures, perfect batting conditions.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Woakes no-ball not too costly. Now get their heads down and build a decent score before the weather goes off at the weekend if forecasts are right. I don't mind that if I see an England win tomorrow

Edit: Duckett gone in 3rd over. Let's see how our No 3 goes against the new ball.

Edited by jim mk2

Moeen Ali passes 3000 Test runs after hitting back to back fours just before lunch. Not content with that, he has also passed 200 test wickets during this series, only the 16th player ever to achieve this double feat!

A tremendous effort.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 6