BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Plunkett and Footitt added to the England squad.

Footitt is a left arm fast bowler.

I thought that Chris Woakes will be call up to the squad to replace Anderson

I'd love the variety of a quick left arm over. Think he's got a good chance of playing at Trent Bridge. Tends to do a bit there.

Shows how good Anderson is when we bring two in to choose as a replacement. Thankfully he should be fit for the Oval.

Worried about Lyth. No good being 20 for 1 all the time. Amd Cooks only averaging 30 this series, although he's over 50 for the year.

Edited by onlyonejackwalker

Nor Sir Geoffrey either I'm sure.

Boycott was absolutely loving it. He made me laugh loads of times. He is so biased against the Aussies. He says it how it is, like it or not. Commentates now for the bbc radio service.

Some of the shots played in the last test would have embarrassed village cricketers. Very poor indeed at that level. I think it's a lack of discipline created through so much one day stuff.

• Like 2

Without doubt.

It is a fine balance, you don't want too many 'crease occupiers' as before you know it you can be a few wickets down with not much on the board. However, the likes of Cook and Rogers are invaluable.

Very good player Rogers. Do you know his story? First selected years ago, but then kept out by a plethora of world class stars for years. Haydon and Langer were an excellent opening pair. Brought back when they all retired and look how good he is! They had some team with 4 or 5 all time greats all arriving at once. Loved watching Ponting bat for example.

Agree in principal with what your saying. Boycott famously scored a double hundred and got dropped for slow scoring!

Would be interesting if Alex Hales could take on the Warner role. Cook and Hales would be a great contrast. Never really done it in four day cricket for Notts though.

Roots good enough to open. Technically and mentally. Might be easier finding a decent number 4 than a quality opener.

Agree in principal with what your saying. Boycott famously scored a double hundred and got dropped for slow scoring!

Think boycott had a mentality where he would only bat for himself and if it benefited the team it's a bonus if not fine but it was all about him. More often than not if you do well as an individual it does benefit the team but scenarios arise when need quick runs to either win or try set targets then boycott was too selfish to adapt.

Famously botham was sent in vs New Zealand to run him out in one such scenario. Quite funny really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAeFm22xB7Q&sns=em

• Like 2

Think boycott had a mentality where he would only bat for himself and if it benefited the team it's a bonus if not fine but it was all about him. More often than not if you do well as an individual it does benefit the team but scenarios arise when need quick runs to either win or try set targets then boycott was too selfish to adapt.

Famously botham was sent in vs New Zealand to run him out in one such scenario. Quite funny really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAeFm22xB7Q&sns=em

:) I knew of this. Didn't truly appreciate just how fast Botham scored his runs back then. Him, Viv, Clive, Grennidge etc could do it, matching the scoring rate of today's players even though modern lads have much more practice at it. I think Botham got an 87 ball century at Lords. Brilliant. 120+ catches, 5000+ test runs, 350+ wickets. Stood 2 metres nearer than anyone else at slip. I could go on.

The majority had a more measured, older fashioned approach. Tavare, Brearley, Gatting etc. Gooch and Gower more fluent. Google Gower v India. Loved watching him bat.

I was a bit like Boycott. Didn't like getting out. Needed to push and run more, keep the board ticking and find the gaps. It's been interesting watching cricket develope the last 30 years or so. The landscape has changed forever. I've learnt a lot. Top game.

Edited by onlyonejackwalker

Looking like Mark Wood will replace Anderson in the starting 11.

I reckon England win in this test match and bring the ashes home where they belong

England need to bat first and get a big total on the board. Anything else and we could lose this one. Anderson will be a huge miss. I reckon if the wicket is decent we'll struggle to bowl them out.

• Like 1

England need to bat first and get a big total on the board. Anything else and we could lose this one. Anderson will be a huge miss. I reckon if the wicket is decent we'll struggle to bowl them out.

This guy knows nothing.

• Like 5

Unbelievable.

Quickest 5 for, ever maybe?

I went to edgbaston day one on a corporate do and through poor travel planning missed first 30mins. Turned out to be a great day but at the time I was mildly irritated missing a wicket but couldn't really say much as it was a freebie. If I was 40 mins late to this I'd be inconsolable.