BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Play the post not the poster. Whatever your opinion is of me, you're rallying round to defend someone who is openly supporting Australia - are you really comfortable with that?

It's the usual clique ganging up just like they do on Chaddy. Backing up someone who is supporting Australia in a home Ashes series is the new low.

I find your open support for Australia in this series to be complete provocation. You're the pillock here.

See post 1990

See post 1990

1980 is much funnier ...

I hope they get royally stuffed by both Australia and New Zealand. If that makes me a traitor to my own country so be it.

I am finished with England. If I go it will be for the beer and to cheer on Australia particularly when they take Cook's wicket.

Australia's rabbits in the headlights. This summer will hit England where they deserve to be hit for cowardice. They will be swamped.

Ask that again when we get stuffed by Australia. They are a proper team not the bunch of amateurs England have just been playing.

Edited by roverzee

Play the post not the poster. Whatever your opinion is of me, you're rallying round to defend someone who is openly supporting Australia - are you really comfortable with that?

It's the usual clique ganging up just like they do on Chaddy. Backing up someone who is supporting Australia in a home Ashes series is the new low.

I find your open support for Australia in this series to be complete provocation. You're the pillock here.

I'm supporting Abbeys comments that all you do is have a pop at people, and guess what? I share Als opinion on Pieterson, but wouldn't support the opposition, imo time will prove it is wrong not to select Pieterson.

You should have a look at your own posts before you accuse other of bullying too. Ask Chaddy if he feels that I have bullied him.

• Moderation Lead

Very good win yesterday, much better than expected, a nod to Moeen Ali for his bowling as well!

Think it was Gav that said it above, the Aussies simply won't be that bad again, and I don't think we've a great record against them at Lords. Still, an excellent win that's to be applauded.

I agree there K-Hod that Ali's Bowling was good.

Aussies need to make couple of changes to their team. They are missing Ryan Harris badly. I can see Watson and Stark(injured) been left out with Siddle and Marsh coming in.

The England bowlers were great and they stuck to the plan for each batsman.

There's a reason that we played the first test in cardiff, it suited us far more than them. To get a 1-0 lead will help with confidence but the Aussies will come back strong. Going to be lots of twists and turns before the end of the 5th test that's for sure.

Aussie press reckon we won because we outplayed and out thought them and most importantly, played like a team who actually like one another and aren't playing a one upmanship game on the pitch. They aren't talking about the pitch favouring us, about us getting lucky or anything else. I think we've got so used to being negative about rovers that it's rubbing off on our attitude to other things. Yes we got lucky at one or 2 points but that's what good teams do- they make the lucky things count. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I can't wait for Thursday, even if the Aussies come back and beat us. Who cares? If this is only one match, so is that one. Who's to say if we get beat, we won't up our game. Even Boycott said some of the play was excellent. Enjoy the moment, and look forward, not back.

• Like 2

I must say that after my annoyance at KP not being picked I found myself supporting England in the test. After what Cook and Strauss did I cannot support them but after all England is my team. I don't agree with Bowyer's team selections but I still support Rovers.

Whether or not it was a one off we shall have to wait and see but I find myself looking forward to Thursday in spite of the selectors.

One thing I must say when posting. We have Ian Botham, David Lloyd and Geoff Boycott etc. and who do we get summarising? The most boring and droning voice on TV, Bob Willis. If that guy ever smiled his face would crack into a thousand pieces. The most humourless drone ever to hit our screens. Surely Sky can do better than him.

• Like 2

I managed to watch every day of the 1st Test and sorry that it only lasted 4 days! Great viewing.

As gumboots says the Aussie press and being very gracious in defeat although they are giving their team and Watson in particular a hardish time......................LBW - Leg before Watson, quote from Michael Vaughan I think.

Gee its a bit flat in here. Is having the Ashes on every two years dulling the excitement?

I must say this is the least excited I've been for an English Ashes series since I began watching them in 1985.

Disappeared quicker than a dame Edna fart

I must say that after my annoyance at KP not being picked I found myself supporting England in the test. After what Cook and Strauss did I cannot support them but after all England is my team. I don't agree with Bowyer's team selections but I still support Rovers.

Whether or not it was a one off we shall have to wait and see but I find myself looking forward to Thursday in spite of the selectors.

One thing I must say when posting. We have Ian Botham, David Lloyd and Geoff Boycott etc. and who do we get summarising? The most boring and droning voice on TV, Bob Willis. If that guy ever smiled his face would crack into a thousand pieces. The most humourless drone ever to hit our screens. Surely Sky can do better than him.

Totally agree about Willis. He never sounds even vaguely impressed. Love Swann on tms. Like Michael Vaughan and can cope with boycott. Can't watch while I'm at work but can sometimes listen when I'm free and doing admin work.

I had a feeling pre series that the ECB would be ordering slow pitches, case in point this Lord's offering.

All well and good, but if you lose the toss you have a mountain to climb after day 1. A shame really because the pitch at this ground for the NZ test was a cracker.

I had a feeling pre series that the ECB would be ordering slow pitches, case in point this Lord's offering.

All well and good, but if you lose the toss you have a mountain to climb after day 1. A shame really because the pitch at this ground for the NZ test was a cracker.

I guess commercially they want the full five days.

I totally agree on this.

can see this being a boring test match with England matching/coming close to Aussie score.

the pitch is slow and far too flat for test matches

If the Aussies get to 550+, as looks likely, then England have to play for the draw, however I dont think we have that type of batsmen.

It's tricky but I think we'll all be doing a rain-dance come sunday lunchtime.

Absolutely spanked today, long day in the field, could be something in this pitch for the spinners as the game goes on, but hopefully it has draw written all over it if we bat well.

With Lyth going early and Balance looking anything but confident its going to be a long few days for England, in fact I'd be surprised if Balance lasts the day out.

Aussies need 19 wickets, I think they'll probably get them, hope I'm wrong.

With Lyth going early and Balance looking anything but confident its going to be a long few days for England, in fact I'd be surprised if Balance lasts the day out.

Aussies need 19 wickets, I think they'll probably get them, hope I'm wrong.

Thought so, gone :(

Edited by GAV