BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] message from olsson

Well top marks there. Despite the #bullsh t

Quite probably another one who was two or three games away from another contract pay increase. That's when Jerome had the place "buzzing" as I'm sure we all recall. "Poorly eye" they said, then a bad knee recently. More like another ridiculous contract that Aginew sanctioned.

Anyway, all the best Martin. It may take some time though.

Good lad is Martin. Friend bumped into him and his brother on the beach in California recently. They were stunned to be recognised.

Disappointed to see him go and he's probably the last proper Premier League performer to leave the club. It's all downhill from now with a load of championship scufflers.

Quite probably another one who was two or three games away from another contract pay increase. That's when Jerome had the place "buzzing" as I'm sure we all recall. "Poorly eye" they said, then a bad knee recently. More like another ridiculous contract that Aginew sanctioned.

Ha!

But I did buy Duffer's letter to the LET including " maybe oill pay for them again, please God.."

However, I never quite bought Shearer kissing the famous blue and white shirt at Selhurst Park on his debut. This probably says more about my selective judgement than any of the players.

As I said to one of my kids, heartbroken at another departure, For the supporters it's a marriage-and a Catholic one at that (no divorce!)-for the players it's a one night stand...

Was it not "rocking" ? DJ Anders and the off shore crew (featuring Count Italia massive) in the bank House - Shabba!

Rocking, Buzzing or Screwing, it makes no odds. As for heartbroken Len? Nah. Yes a good un, and you are right, Premier League. We're not. It sucks. But as Graeme would say, we have to wee with the willy we've got.

Those who don't like the shambles / reality can exit stage left. Welcome to BRFC circa 1988. It's been worse. I'm just pleased we're still alive.

Anyway, Martin, good lad or waster? - wish it was his brother they'd signed etc. All the best, you're dead to me. Next...

Rocking, Buzzing or Screwing, it makes no odds. As for heartbroken Len? Nah. Yes a good un, and you are right, Premier League. We're not. It sucks. But as Graeme would say, we have to wee with the willy we've got.

Those who don't like the shambles / reality can exit stage left. Welcome to BRFC circa 1988. It's been worse. I'm just pleased we're still alive.

Anyway, Martin, good lad or waster? - wish it was his brother they'd signed etc. All the best, you're dead to me. Next...

Oh sorry, it was a bit ambiguous. None of my kids are particularly heartbroken re Olsson, which probably says a lot..

.I think it was actually Friedel on the occasion of my cynical comment.

As in real life, the early bereavements seem to be the worst. Mine began with Keith Newton, Ken Knighton Tony Field, Roger Jones...then I must have been traumatised because I don't remember feeling much until Hendry's move to City!.

Certainly, we all went into mourning when Duff went to Chelsea. We knew it was over in the Easter holidays, when we went to Dublin and saw giant posters of him all over the fair city.

I am told that scousers felt like that when Love me Do went to number one..they knew they had lost The Beatles to the world...or some such ***

Len, you know the one that did me? Shearer. After that it doesn't really matter. But as a fan since 81 that was the only one that that really hurt in that time. Price? Hendry? Barker? Yeah, fine. But Big Al was the biggie. It was done. What a bloody trip though thanks to Jack.

Olsson, fair play, I didn't really believe you anyway, Martin was just one of the old crowd, same as Morton. Silly contracts dished out when we were loaded and heading for the champions league under the guidance of Stevie Kean, aka Lord Cumberbauld, and his Magic Agent (both retired).

Anyway, must keep this on thread, all the very best Martin, seriously. Not your fault you didn't get a game, just that pesky contractual thing, the promise of more money and a poorly eye. Better off out of it really, you didn't know it would be like this did you.

All you need is Duff, na na na na nah, all you need is Duff, Duff, Duff is all you need...

Oh sorry, it was a bit ambiguous. None of my kids are particularly heartbroken re Olsson, which probably says a lot..

.I think it was actually Friedel on the occasion of my cynical comment.

As in real life, the early bereavements seem to be the worst. Mine began with Keith Newton, Ken Knighton Tony Field, Roger Jones...then I must have been traumatised because I don't remember feeling much until Hendry's move to City!.

Certainly, we all went into mourning when Duff went to Chelsea. We knew it was over in the Easter holidays, when we went to Dublin and saw giant posters of him all over the fair city.

I am told that scousers felt like that when Love me Do went to number one..they knew they had lost The Beatles to the world...or some such ***

Sorry, must protest here! Love Me Do never made the Top Ten, never mind No 1!

It only made the lower reaches of the Top Twenty because Brian Epstein bought thousands of copies!

Nice digression though--thanks (from one who saw The Beatles at Darwen Co-op!)

Sorry, must protest here! Love Me Do never made the Top Ten, never mind No 1!

It only made the lower reaches of the Top Twenty because Brian Epstein bought thousands of copies!

Nice digression though--thanks (from one who saw The Beatles at Darwen Co-op!)

Thanks. That is one reason I love this site.

Number 17 apparently (Google) So I live and learn. Maybe it was just another romanticised Scouse exaggeration!

I think the point about the record taking the Beatles to the big wide world probably still stands? Anyway, the kids were excited butI really felt a sense of doom to see the huge posters all over Dublin.

I'm sure John Lennon would have understood.."The dream is over..I don't believe in Shearer..."

As Bob says, Shearer was huge, as it meant the end of our fantasy dream that came true.

Cynical jokes aside, it was at least good manners from Olsson!

Thanks. That is one reason I love this site.

Number 17 apparently (Google) So I live and learn. Maybe it was just another romanticised Scouse exaggeration!

I think the point about the record taking the Beatles to the big wide world probably still stands? Anyway, the kids were excited butI really felt a sense of doom to see the huge posters all over Dublin.

I'm sure John Lennon would have understood.."The dream is over..I don't believe in Shearer..."

As Bob says, Shearer was huge, as it meant the end of our fantasy dream that came true.

Cynical jokes aside, it was at least good manners from Olsson!

The dream was over when we won the PL and Jack stopped the unlimited bank rolling of the club because he had achieved what he wanted to do (a couple of years earlier than the plan apparently) Shearer leaving was a result of a curtailed ambition in the club (labelled as wanting the club to be self sufficient)

Slightly hollow words from Olsson for me, it was rumoured he wanted to leave before the start of last season and frankly he played like it subsequently. He was extremely disappointing last season imo. Still even though he played himself into a cheap departure I wish him all the best

and hope he can rediscover his appetite at the level he obviously thinks he should be playing at.

(Sorry spacing gone awry)

Seems to me this is another case of damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Martin has been polite and complimentary, expressing his gratitude for the clubs investment in him and some folk are on his back. Whilst he may not have given his all for us in the last year or so, who has? And who on here would feel able to in their job if circumstances were the same? If you knew the half of what is going on at my place of work you would understand Martin and others who've left far better.

Ha!

But I did buy Duffer's letter to the LET including " maybe oill pay for them again, please God.."

However, I never quite bought Shearer kissing the famous blue and white shirt at Selhurst Park on his debut. This probably says more about my selective judgement than any of the players.

As I said to one of my kids, heartbroken at another departure, For the supporters it's a marriage-and a Catholic one at that (no divorce!)-for the players it's a one night stand...

More of a dirty weekend in prague than a one night stand.

Archived