BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carlisle United, Away, League Cup

Didnt Lowe look better tonight as well? Judge looked good as well? So out of the remaining players from tonight the only one likely to start is Kane against Forest

Lowe did better - perhaps he has found his level (League 1).

For me, jury is still out on Judge - not convinced he's anything other than a League 1 scuffler.

Surely, you expect Taylor and Cairney to also start on Saturday ?

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only saw from halfway through second half, but thought we did ok. Still cant work out why Crainey was sent off for being fouled, or why the ref continually allowed them to shove our players.

Thought King did well until he reached the penalty box, Crainey played some nice passes and Eastwood had short arms.

Not bothered to be out of the cup, dont need the hassle.

Cairney suspended according to onerovers twitter.

Dilemma, don't know much about how good or bad Forest are, Maybe Dunn can handle playing cm against them (think evans still injured, don't know how mad Marrow is injured) If Dunn has play cm then start with Best.

If it was my choice I would not put Olsson or King in the team.

Eastwood - Shaky in first half, distribution is questionable.. Made a top drawer save at the death and another good stop in E/T.

Kane - Looking like he did when he first arrived. Very shaky.

Songo'o - Mixed game. Positioning was poor but he looks like a threat from set pieces (scissor kicks aside). Will need time to find his feet.
Givet - Sacrebleu.

Morris - A little lightweight at times but the best of a bad bunch and likes to get forward.

Olsson - Plenty of running but what else does he offer?

Taylor - Our best player and should win a lot of fans this season.

Marrow - More of the same from last week. Replaced by the more effective Lowe.

Cairney - Was always looking to make something happen and good set-piece delivery.

Dunn - Flitted in and out of the game. Linked up well with Tugay's Invisible Friend.

King - Has pace to burn but no footballing brain. Is he a striker, a winger... or a 100metres sprinter?

Dunn an Taylor were good tonight, the ref had a shocker but josh king was terrible one of the worst performance I've ever seen. Glad to be out if the cup though, need to concentrate on the league this season.

Rubbish..we should have gone strong, christ, they just had 6 weeks off and he's resting them? Bowyer screwed it up he should still have an unbeaten record and now it's no wins in 3 on the weekend if we don't win....pressure could start.

What the kean makes you think we have a divine right to win every game. Your a tit who would cry if we were 2nd in the Prem instead of top. Man up and get used to it or sod off to Old trafford because that might match your expectations ffs !

Lowe did better - perhaps he has found his level (League 1).

For me, jury is still out on Judge - not convinced he's anything other than a League 1 scuffler.

Surely, you expect Taylor and Cairney to also start on Saturday ?

Yes, Cairney and Taylor have to start. I meant of the remaining players you rated as poor.

I actually thought Lowe looked decent against Derby when Rochina was on and when Cairney was introduced as well. Tonight I think shows that Lowe is significantly better player than Marrow.

King was superb until he reached the box, completely carried us when we went down to 10 men. Obviously we'd like him to do something when he gets there, but even if he does nothing, he relieves pressure and stops the rest of our team sitting too deep. I'd say its easier to work on the part of a player's game that involves shooting or a simple pass than the part that involves beating/outpacing 1-2 men from the halfway line. King can do the second already, personally I hope we see a lot of him this season.

The reason we didn't win was blatantly our defence. If you score 3 and don't win then its not the attacking players fault. Morris and Kane are simply dreadful defensively. Maybe Kane isn't a lost cause yet but I for one would love to see Givet back at left-back from now on. As for the new guy and Givet, did they win a single header? Puts into perspective the criticism Scott Dann's being getting, cause him and Hanley are 3 times as good as what we had at the back tonight.

Noticed our set pieces were dreadful throughout, must be Pedersen's fault that.

I got in the car to pick up the missus just as penalties started. As soon as I heard Morris was takining the last one I knew we were out.........no confidence at all in him

What the kean makes you think we have a divine right to win every game. Your a tit who would cry if we were 2nd in the Prem instead of top. Man up and get used to it or sod off to Old trafford because that might match your expectations ffs !

was that really necessary towards sparkymarky? And I don't just mean the hyperbole. He has a bit of a point. Momentum and game time is what we need and a good cup run would have been a nice distraction from trying to get into the top 12. A win would have done the world of good. Now chins are on the floor

People see different things from games and situations

I got in the car to pick up the missus just as penalties started. As soon as I heard Morris was takining the last one I knew we were out.........no confidence at all in him

was that really necessary towards sparkymarky? And I don't just mean the hyperbole. He has a bit of a point. Momentum and game time is what we need and a good cup run would have been a nice distraction from trying to get into the top 12. A win would have done the world of good. Now chins are on the floor

People see different things from games and situations

He jumped on my post so he got some back. Your problem with that is ? I feel sorry for the fans that went but these things can happen, by all means express disappointment and constructive criticism but remember were we are and what we are now. To many people still see us as a big team who should beat everyone. Is an average Championships thrown together 2nd string team really that much better than a league 1's mostly first team. Would we all be happy if we'd beat them with our first eleven but picked up more injuries to key players ?

Did Givet's match fitness let him down or was he just plain bad? I'm still harboring hopes of cashing in on Scott Dann and replacing him with a fully fit and motivated Givet, but shipping three against Carlisle does speak against that scenario.

My problem Tomphil? We are rather angry tonight. I can picture your neck sticking out as you type that. All it missed was a "what you looking at" ;)

I've probably put myself forward as the as the next target but "my problem" was just the use of unnecessary abusive language. Nothing more.

I wish I got 10p for every time someone claims fellow fans think we are still premiership as part of their arguement etc etc. I'd be typing from my new mansion in the Lake Disctrict ;). Surely we all want to WIN EVERY GAME?

On your final point I would be happy because I like cup runs. Especially when there's nowt much else going to happen in a season, but that's growing up in the 80's for you.

It's all about momentum dear boy...you are wrong to accept this...we should have kean all over Carlisle and we would have done with a first choice team...

Do not insult me either, get a grip.

Listen pal don't jump down my throat when i post my thoughts and you won't have a problem. On the game, yes you'd expect us to beat them still and the minimum would be effort and to try and win the game, i felt we got that. It was a mixed performance but we didn't get stuffed we lost on PENS. I don't think Bowyer and the team should be sent to the salt mines just yet do you.

Eastwood - average debut, shaky at times but also made good stops

Kane - very worrying start for him, hope he wasn`t a flash in the pan last season.

Songo'o - looks what he is, inexperienced in the english game, should improve with time..

Givet - time to go i think gael..

Morris - after a good end to last season, will be disappointed with this display, looked uncomfortable.

Olsson - did a job, not outstanding, but not terrible either.

Taylor - man of the match, good old fashioned wing play with a goal as a bonus.

Marrow - as with olsson, does a crucial job.

Cairney - looked classy at times, but rashness cost him and us.

Dunn - a stinker from him for me, gave the ball away constantly and very casual penalty. disappointing.

King - frustarting again, and never a forward imo off this display, but also lacks to be a winger. an enigma.

Rhodes - ineffective again, but maybe successful penalty may lift him?

Judge - very good, as said by others, similar to a young david dunn.

Lowe - very good when he came on, underrated by many anyway for me.

Absolute pile of kean.

Was always going to happen after that cretin of a ref sent Cairney off. Cairney was fouled first, by the way.

Too right the ref had a shocker tonight how he could have sent Cairney off I will never know never a red & the Carlisle lad was fouling him joke & spoilt the game.

I just hope Cairney doesn't get blamed for being sent off, him and taylor were both class acts today

totally agree while he was on the pitch Cairney passed well & both him & Taylor did well & they both scored very good goals.

Some 'positives'

-Nice to see some fluid football and Cairney seemed to be at the heart of it all

-Taylor looks a terrific winger with great delivery

- Cairneys dead balls were consistently dangerous

-Lowe looked better

- Songo'o wasn't particularly bad for his English debut

Some negatives

- king can cause problems with his running but end product is severely lacking and useless from a standing start, good substitute option with a tired defence

- Kane looked out of sorts again and Givet was awful

- Cairney red card and an injury to Marrow

- Olsson and Morris showed nothing to say they can offer us anything

Agree Tom King shows good pace and drifts past players like they are not there but when near the box no end product his crossing is awful and constantly tries to do too much when a simple pass will do if GB can get inside King's head & works on his delivery & if he can improve his footballing brain & his choices could turn out to be a good player but really needs work on his delivery & choices. Although might be good to play in the whole behind the front man certainly has the pace to play that role just needs to improve his final ball. Although disappointed to be out the cup the writing was on the wall when it got to penalties Dunn's pen in 2nd half was awful mirrored which way he was going to go & should really have gone through on chances created but I thought tonight we were robbed by the ref after sending off Cairney ruined it after that & I think we should really challenge it hopefully now we can push on in the league. Also thought Songo'o did ok apart from one or 2 hairy moments at the back majority of times cleared his lines very well and seems to be in the same mould as Samba I thought he should have scored from one of the corners but hopefully he can have the required impact from corners in the league one thing he gets up very well.

Just got back. Felt sorry for Taylor, skying his pen after a MOM performance. Strangely engaging game; like a cup tie ought to be. Ah well, bring on Saturday and the first choice defence.

My problem Tomphil? We are rather angry tonight. I can picture your neck sticking out as you type that. All it missed was a "what you looking at" ;)

I've probably put myself forward as the as the next target but "my problem" was just the use of unnecessary abusive language. Nothing more.

I wish I got 10p for every time someone claims fellow fans think we are still premiership as part of their arguement etc etc. I'd be typing from my new mansion in the Lake Disctrict ;). Surely we all want to WIN EVERY GAME?

On your final point I would be happy because I like cup runs. Especially when there's nowt much else going to happen in a season, but that's growing up in the 80's for you.

Necks fine thankyou. If you'd read back a bit you would have seen his scathing response to my earlier thoughts which were after all just my thoughts. I'll happily donate you 10p everytime i think that, you might have a nice pot towards your mansion. If we end up ike we did in the 80's which is possible then every cup game will be huge, just like it probably was for Carlisle tonight :) you get the idea.

Just got back. Felt sorry for Taylor, skying his pen after a MOM performance. Strangely engaging game; like a cup tie ought to be. Ah well, bring on Saturday and the first choice defence.

No no no, you can't infer that you enjoyed the game but are disappointed we are out and it was a good old fashioned cup tie but we take it on the chin, roll up our sleeves and get on with it on Sat. I mean come on, you'll feel the wrath of this board, you must slag the team and management not fit to burn and vow the whole season doomed after that ! this is BRFCS after all :)

End up like we were in the 80's??? We're already there and then some. There were only 4 really bad years in the 80's (lower than 10th I think). Can we say the rest of this decade will be the same ?

For this season we've a fighting chance at least but after that... well it could be like the 70's. That's what i mean there'll be bigger disappointments than an early round league cup defeat away at Carlisle. If you remember the 80's you'll remember us being knocked out by Brentford et al so why go overboard with this one ?

Archived