BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carlisle United, Away, League Cup

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I though we played some good football tonight.

And couldnt beat Carlisle-says it all really. We are distinctly average.To have the squad we have and what we are paying for it its a disgrace

• Backroom

Disappointing but unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Feel sorry for the fans that made the journey

The big shame is some of our key players had to play 2 hours tonight ahead of a big game at weekend and Kane looks off the pace

Thanks for the updates guys.

What utter garbage though.

Pretty close to the WORST possible outcome that we could have had tonight - including a red.

Lets just hope the old adage of concentrating on the league is true.

Those poor @#/?s who now have to travel back to Blackburn after that...

Embarrassing result, but I hope there won't bee to many knee-jerk reactions on here.

Not really, we played almost our full second string and nearly got away with it.

League Cup is always going to be a distraction in this league with all the fixtures, not too down about going out to be honest.

We're out, but at least several of our first-teamers will be knackered now and Cairney's suspended.

On a brighter note, King should be ashamed of himself. What kind of "striker" doesn't volunteer himself for penalties and lets a ressie left-back go before him? No doubt he would've missed and been slaughtered by us but that's besides the point.

well I hope that GB now knows who is pushing for the first team and more to the point who is not. and why was king still on the pitch in the second half should of been taken off

More a case of hoping Gary Bowyer learns a few things from tonight.

What does Gary Bowyer need to learn?

He put out a weak side in order to protect first teamers. With only one exception (I think) he started with players who hadn't started at the weekend. Yet he's being slated for leaving Cairney on the pitch? Some good players had to play if we were going to have any chance. One could easily argue he screwed up by not playing more strong players.

But that's management. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Normally by people who've never managed a football teams anywhere but on a computer screen.

I think GB kept the faith with his starting 11 for a little too long, if he'd made changed earlier we could have wrapped it up way before full time.

On paper it looks like a shocking result, but anyone that watched the game will no doubt have seen signs that we're moving in the right direction.

Should have played our strongest eleven and then made sub changes if we were comfortably ahead. The season was only a game old prior to the game, the players should still be fresh enough to play a game tonight after the weekend. If this cup game was during the hectic Christmas period then I could understand making wholesale changes but it's not.

What does Gary Bowyer need to learn?

He put out a weak side in order to protect first teamers. With only one exception (I think) he started with players who hadn't started at the weekend. Yet he's being slated for leaving Cairney on the pitch? Some good players had to play if we were going to have any chance. One could easily argue he screwed up by not playing more strong players.

But that's management. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Normally by people who've never managed a football teams anywhere but on a computer screen.

What's eating you?

He put out a weakened side to learn more about the players he has at his disposal. I'm hoping that he's learned from what he saw tonight.

Now get off your high horse and stop being so @#/? chippy pal.

Archived