BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carlisle United, Away, League Cup

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm more disappointed about loosing Cairney(who was very good) to suspension for a game than I am about being knocked out, kane was awful, lowe was actually quite solid, king is greedy and has zero end product, taylor and dunn looked sharp, ollson pants, songo'o very rough diamond, givet so-so, eastwood ok, Rhodes looks very of his game at the minute.

I can't keep up, are we having Lowe as the scapegoat or King?

Nah Ossy we're now spoiled for choice. Looks like King's taken the baton from Lowe and may have passed it to Eastwood temporarily before taking it back.

IMO King is @#/? btw, whereas I'm sympathetic towards Lowe.

• Backroom

Some 'positives'

-Nice to see some fluid football and Cairney seemed to be at the heart of it all

-Taylor looks a terrific winger with great delivery

- Cairneys dead balls were consistently dangerous

-Lowe looked better

- Songo'o wasn't particularly bad for his English debut

Some negatives

- king can cause problems with his running but end product is severely lacking and useless from a standing start, good substitute option with a tired defence

- Kane looked out of sorts again and Givet was awful

- Cairney red card and an injury to Marrow

- Olsson and Morris showed nothing to say they can offer us anything

To clarify, I wager that when we look at Jason Lowe's stats at the end of his career, in the "Goals" column will read "0."

That's a bit of a daft bet given that it already reads 2. He scored twice in 7 games for Oldham on loan.

No point going overboard in the moaning stakes tonight. It was a second string defence and keaper to start who won't have played together much and they looked exactly that. Plenty of effort and plenty of crap from the usual suspects. I hope this turns out to be a blessing in disguise.

We're out, but at least several of our first-teamers will be knackered now and Cairney's suspended.

On a brighter note, King should be ashamed of himself. What kind of "striker" doesn't volunteer himself for penalties and lets a ressie left-back go before him? No doubt he would've missed and been slaughtered by us but that's besides the point.

I would have been absolutely certain that King would miss. Just like I was with Kalinic against Chelsea.

Surprised Taylor missed the whole goal. Judge's penalty was excellent.

Some 'positives'

-Nice to see some fluid football and Cairney seemed to be at the heart of it all

-Taylor looks a terrific winger with great delivery

- Cairneys dead balls were consistently dangerous

-Lowe looked better

- Songo'o wasn't particularly bad for his English debut

- Orr didn't make an appearance

I can't keep up, are we having Lowe as the scapegoat or King?

Marrow I think. Maybe all three. I'm sure it will work itself out. Personally I'm going for Jonny Evans brother, a player i have never seen play in my life to my knowledge and who I wouldnt know if i fell over him in the street. He's obviously utter rubbish.

No point going overboard in the moaning stakes tonight. It was a second string defence and keaper to start who won't have played together much and they looked exactly that. Plenty of effort and plenty of crap from the usual suspects. I hope this turns out to be a blessing in disguise.

Rubbish..we should have gone strong, christ, they just had 6 weeks off and he's resting them? Bowyer screwed it up he should still have an unbeaten record and now it's no wins in 3 on the weekend if we don't win....pressure could start.

Missed most of the first half but watched the rest from there.

As someone that really doesn't care about this competition and thus, the result. I actually enjoyed the game. However, it is gutting to lose after taking the hit on the extra 30mins and the red card.

There were negatives and positives but this game may have been a useful one for GB in understanding who is cut for it and who isn't.

Defence was very poor and easily broken down, though I don't think Morris was all that bad and he put in plenty of work up and down the pitch. Givet was almost absent and Songo'o looks shaky but after he settles he might well be decent. Kane was poor again, which is disappointing but maybe he is just yet to get going this season. The defence though is full of players and a goalie that haven't played together - so they are cut some slack there.

Cairney was very impressive and as others have said, looks just what we need in the middle of the park. Assured in possession and able to cut through gaps in the opposition. With Judge and Taylor on the wings too, we actually have the makings of a very good midfield for this level. Shocker I know! Taylor was our best player for the first 90mins but seemed to be knackered as extra time approached. Hopefully he is fit to play against Forest as his work rate and consistency of delivery could be an asset for us this season. Judge looks great technically and like Taylor is full of energy. Lowe made a significant contribution today and impressed me hugely. Maybe it was because it was against Carlisle, but he has such confidence on the ball and played with positive momentum. I feel he and Cairney could create a solid partnership in the middle. With Evans coming in after injury too, I feel we're looking good in centre mid and out wide.

Upfront. Well King looked like a novelty signing - an ex sprinter given a shot at football. He created chances that others would not be able to due to his pace. He missed chances that others would not be able to due to his complete lack of footballing brain. GB needs to work hard with him, boy does he have the physical attributes but he needs to learn A LOT.

Interesting to observe the players without as much passion as a league game for me and I am cautiously optimistic. That sounds crazy after losing on pens to Carlisle, but that's football for ya.

Encouraged by display at Derby.

However, only positives tonight were Crainey & Taylor.

Eastwood despite one brilliant save and a couple of decent ones looked shaky and useless on penalties (committed himself far too early)

Kane is going backwards rapidly

Givet looks like a player who has hardly played in last 12 months

Songo (sp) looks very raw

Morris shows no improvement

Dunn is finished and cost game with that pen miss

Olsson - I could still do what he does

Marrow is a Conference player at best

King I think is a joke

Squad is big but unfortunately desperately short on quality.

Looking forward to Forest match which will show just what are prospects are for this season.

• Backroom

In fairness Kane had a shakey start at Wolves last season and got better each game

Its not an excuse but hopefully he's just a slow starter, out of the list above he's the only one I'd expect to be starting regularly and maybe not even then when Henley returns

King started on Sunday but I expect he will be used as an impact sub this season which will be his best use and was proven as so last season

Encouraged by display at Derby.

However, only positives tonight were Crainey & Taylor.

Eastwood despite one brilliant save and a couple of decent ones looked shaky and useless on penalties (committed himself far too early)

Kane is going backwards rapidly

Givet looks like a player who has hardly played in last 12 months

Songo (sp) looks very raw

Morris shows no improvement

Dunn is finished and cost game with that pen miss

Olsson - I could still do what he does

Marrow is a Conference player at best

King I think is a joke

Squad is big but unfortunately desperately short on quality.

Looking forward to Forest match which will show just what are prospects are for this season.

Didnt Lowe look better tonight as well? Judge looked good as well? So out of the remaining players from tonight the only one likely to start is Kane against Forest

The main observation I saw tonight is that some of our squad were not disappointing, they just are not very good and in an ideal world would not be in our squad - Olsson and king in particular.

Morris and Kane are good going forward but poor at defending. I know Morris is a winger not a full back, I wonder Kane only being young if full back is his best position, but on the flip-side has time to learn the defensive side of the game.

At Forest I would line up:

Kean
Kane, Dann, Hanley, Spurr

Taylor, Lowe, Cairney, Judge

Dunn

Rhodes

Surprised Nunes didn't get a run out over King or Olsson.

The main observation I saw tonight is that some of our squad were not disappointing, they just are not very good and in an ideal world would not be in our squad - Olsson and king in particular.

Morris and Kane are good going forward but poor at defending. I know Morris is a winger not a full back, I wonder Kane only being young if full back is his best position, but on the flip-side has time to learn the defensive side of the game.

At Forest I would line up:

Kean

Kane, Dann, Hanley, Spurr

Taylor, Lowe, Cairney, Judge

Dunn

Rhodes

Surprised Nunes didn't get a run out over King or Olsson.

Cairney suspended according to onerovers twitter.

Archived