BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Barnsley

Tom

most of the whingers on this forum are non-attendees imo, and they`ve likely been that way since they can no longer see `lamps`, rooney, van persie and co running out at ewood. we get a bit of success, and they`ll soon be back, contrary to their `matter of principle` stance..

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

most of the whingers on this forum are non-attendees imo, and they`ve likely been that way since they can longer see lamps, rooney, van persie and co running out at ewood. we get a bit of success, and they`ll soon be back, contrary to their `matter of principle` stance..

But then why did we average 19-20k last time we got relegated?

Nothing wrong with being a non-attendee if you work a job within Football that keeps you from being able to go to the matches as you're at others.

Infact nothing wrong with being a non-attendee if you have any weekend job.

We still have as much right to whinge as anyone else.

But then why did we average 19-20k last time we got relegated?

because last time we had easily one of the best teams at that level with jack walker`s extraordinary funding to boot and was always likely to be one of the top teams, now things are more uncertain and bowyer would have to display excellent managerial skills to compete(with many unproven players), some haven`t got the stomach for it with that uncertainty. mark my words, if come second half of the season, we are in and around the top 6, the crowds will increase dramatically..

i`d also mention that the last time we were at this level was during a financial boom, whereas now we are in one of the worst financial downturns in history..

Nothing wrong with being a non-attendee if you work a job within Football that keeps you from being able to go to the matches as you're at others.

Infact nothing wrong with being a non-attendee if you have any weekend job.

We still have as much right to whinge as anyone else.

you don`t have a right to pass comment on players performances going off the views of radio commentators..

I'm sorry but some of you just talk absolute drivel. I know that football is all about opinions but its embarrassing to read at times...

We were the better team when Barnsley had their first (and only) shot of the first half making it 0-1. We then pushed them right back in a show of absolute dominance until they broke before showing ruthless finishing to level and go ahead..the first half performance and tactile were near on perfect.

The second half was a none entity because the game was over.

Lowe was fabulous today. I was sat in amongst a couple of ex pros today who were raving about him. 1 or 2 missed placed passes but broke the game up and gave it simple...great reading of the game and a fantastic engine. They couldn't believe it when I told them how much grief he gets...the most compelling reply being "no one who's ever played the game would get on Loweys back...absolutely scandalous if they do"

Other positives were Rhodes, King, Kane, Cairney and Hanley who were great today..

Can't believe some so called fans still come on here being negative after a performance and result like that...no ones saying all our troubles are over but credit where it's due!

I'm sorry but some of you just talk absolute drivel. I know that football is all about opinions but its embarrassing to read at times...

We were the better team when Barnsley had their first (and only) shot of the first half making it 0-1. We then pushed them right back in a show of absolute dominance until they broke before showing ruthless finishing to level and go ahead..the first half performance and tactile were near on perfect.

Lowe was fabulous today. I was sat in amongst a couple of ex pros today who were raving about him. 1 or 2 missed placed passes but broke the game up and gave it simple...great reading of the game and a fantastic engine. They couldn't believe it when I told them how much grief he gets...the most compelling reply being "no one who's ever played the game would get on Loweys back...absolutely scandalous if they do"

Other positives were Rhodes, King, Kane, Cairney and Hanley who were great today..

Can't believe some so called fans still come on here being negative after a performance and result like that...no ones saying all our troubles are over but credit where it's due!

as regards lowe, i see what the pros see too, an excellent `watercarrier` player..

Absolutely +1

as regards lowe, i see what the pros see too, an excellent `watercarrier` player..

Saxo, I don't understand your reference.

Lowe is not and never will be a player with silky skills, easy on the eye, foot on the ball contemplating the next pinpoint 50 yard pass. He is what he is and for me I can fully see what qualities he brings to the team. It's hardly his fault that we don't have the players to complement his qualities (or perhaps we do, only time will tell).

Get off the lads back for goodness sake!

Be prepared for the pack of know nowts to take your opinion to task - appreciate the work that Jason Lowe does! Well how very dare you.

Excellent football in that first half with 4 top quality goals, good timing to them as we'll, struck back straight away and before they could re-organise properly from the sending off the game was gone. What a free kick by Cairney! Passing of the baton from MGP?

On MGP - i wish him good luck for the future, he has been a model pro for us and deserves our respect at least he got a slight chance to say farewell today, unlike many of his predecessors

Be prepared for the pack of know nowts to take your opinion to task - appreciate the work that Jason Lowe does! Well how very dare you.

Excellent football in that first half with 4 top quality goals, good timing to them as we'll, struck back straight away and before they could re-organise properly from the sending off the game was gone. What a free kick by Cairney! Passing of the baton from MGP?

On MGP - i wish him good luck for the future, he has been a model pro for us and deserves our respect at he got a slight chance to say farewell today, unlike many of his predecessors

Well said Jim

Nice to get a win but its hard to have a proper assessment as at 11 v 11 it looked like being tight, their shockingly haired full back got in behind our back line a couple of times early doors.

Handed a real lifeline with the red card but what a free kick to level it up. Then a great header by Rhodes for the second, the third goal was one you expect your striker to score but you just knew that there wasn't a chance that Rhodes would miss it the bouncing ball and advancing keeper made his mind up and he executed it perfectly. Nice team goal for the fourth and a nice strike with some shocking goalkeeping for the fifth.

King was superb, if he plays like that more often he's be up there with the likes of Ince and Hoilett as far as dangerous wingers in this league go I lost count of the amount of times he skinned the full back.

The second half was disappointing and poor but it was job done by then and pointless worrying about that

New tactic sorted, just make them go down to ten men

Totally agree Tom King was superb today everytime we went forward rovers looked like scoring he could very easily be our Zaha of the championship! it was also very good to see you at half-time esp on such a good occasion.

Saxo, I don't understand your reference.

Lowe is not and never will be a player with silky skills, easy on the eye, foot on the ball contemplating the next pinpoint 50 yard pass. He is what he is and for me I can fully see what qualities he brings to the team. It's hardly his fault that we don't have the players to complement his qualities (or perhaps we do, only time will tell).

Get off the lads back for goodness sake!

didier deschamps and claude makelele were world class `watercarrier` players, it was meant as a compliment.. :tu:

didier deschamps and claude makelele were world class `watercarrier` players, it was meant as a compliment.. :tu:

Adam Sandler is the only 'world class water carrier' (Water Boy) known to myself. It's always been a derogatory sporting term in my experience and certainly never complementary. I do however stand corrected it would appear.

I agree with all of the comments above but we shouldn't be in the minority when praising a performance like that...people who watch a game like that and are thoroughly entertained should come away completely satisfied!

As for Lowe, it was the first time iv seen him live this season and I genuinely would have given him motm! His work rate is relentless for the team, he gets no plaudits for a flashy drag back but without him Cairney, Dunn, King and Kane couldn't have been so destructive from deep. His reading of the play and dismantling of counter attacks was second to none today...to add to this, he's one of our own!!

Please please please get off his back. If we are to do anything positive long term Lowe will be integral to doing it IMHO

Adam Sandler is the only 'world class water carrier' (Water Boy) known to myself. It's always been a derogatory sporting term in my experience and certainly never complementary. I do however stand corrected it would appear.

It was originally

derogatory. I think it was Cantona who was no fan of Deschamps and described him as a 'water carrier'. Deschamps career was rather very good, and he effectively stuck one in Eric's eye and alledgedly said (after reeling off his various titles and trophies) "not bad for a water carrier" in describing himself.

Since then the negative connotation has evolved into a far more positive expression.

Desperately needed home win and three points.

After defending him, I was pleased to see Jason Lowe playing well and contributing fully. Nice to see others praising him on here. However and as pointed out elsewhere, it's a lot easier when you have space in which to play.

I think I am correct in saying that Barnsley ended up with a right back at centre half and a right winger at right back. King's dominance and freedom for Rhodes were helped by this.

Nice to see Dunn pulling the strings. More ability in his little finger than many at the club.

Very frustrated by their 2nd goal. We have to be more focused at the back and able to defend our goal.

Personally, can't get too carried away. We have seen the level we are at in the first three games. Those thinking that playing with 10 men for most of the match had no influence better think again. We certainly wouldn't have scored 5 if they had retained a full allocation of players, nor created as many chances.

Pleasing to see Rhodes scoring as we desperately needed that. Its what centre forwards are meant to do of course, but timely never the less as he was looking a bit lost.

Den, I know what you're saying but get over it, what the hell are you going to achieve?

If you like Cadburys Dairy Milk, do you suddenly stop buying it because Kraft are a bunch of shysters?

They're a bunch of pricks but your staying away achieves nothing but the negative.

Maybe Agnew was right when he was telling the Raos that the fans will be fine with them after a few wins. Well thinking about it, no he wasn't, it's only taken one win for some. Amazing what some fans will accept.

because last time we had easily one of the best teams at that level with jack walker`s extraordinary funding to boot and was always likely to be one of the top teams, now things are more uncertain and bowyer would have to display excellent managerial skills to compete(with many unproven players), some haven`t got the stomach for it with that uncertainty. mark my words, if come second half of the season, we are in and around the top 6, the crowds will increase dramatically..

i`d also mention that the last time we were at this level was during a financial boom, whereas now we are in one of the worst financial downturns in history..

Some of you venky apologists don't half talk some sh1te. We didn't get back up first season after relegation, so how does that equate to being "easily one of the best teams at that level"? Fans have walked away because of the the way that the Raos backed Kean against all logic - and because of the despicable way they reacted to any crowd dissent. Don't ever forget the tannoys drowning out the fans protests, or the sight of the stewards going into the crowd in the Darwen end. Don't forget the way that anti - Kean banners were taken from fans. Don't ever forget the way the club put down the protesters at the time - 1 percent and all that?

One win and we have people on here saying the fans who won't have any part of a club that goes down that road are " copping out". We never had an apology or an explanation about anything they got wrong- and are still getting wrong, and some of you think the fans who wont have it, have somehow got their priorities wrong.

Maybe Agnew was right when he was telling the Raos that the fans will be fine with them after a few wins. Well thinking about it, no he wasn't, it's only taken one win for some. Amazing what some fans will accept.

Nowt to do with Agnew, one win or thirty points from ten games, Raos or any bugger else. We'll just have to agree to disagree and respect each others opinions. End of matter as far as I'm concerned.

Some of you venky apologists don't half talk some sh1te. We didn't get back up first season after relegation, so how does that equate to being "easily one of the best teams at that level"? Fans have walked away because of the the way that the Raos backed Kean against all logic - and because of the despicable way they reacted to any crowd dissent. Don't ever forget the tannoys drowning out the fans protests, or the sight of the stewards going into the crowd in the Darwen end. Don't forget the way that anti - Kean banners were taken from fans. Don't ever forget the way the club put down the protesters at the time - 1 percent and all that?

One win and we have people on here saying the fans who won't have any part of a club that goes down that road are " copping out". We never had an apology or an explanation about anything they got wrong- and are still getting wrong, and some of you think the fans who wont have it, have somehow got their priorities wrong.

If you think all that was down to the Rao's you are sadly mistaken, it dosen't take a Einstein to fathom out it was and always will be Agnew -- Kean and that agent that can't be named, they were the ones that orchestrated the shall we say incidents at Ewood and the media against the fans end of.

Got out of the wrong side of the bed today have we, FFS enjoy a win can't you and don't be a WUM.

I know you have to give credit where credit is due but folk on here aren't half dressing up a 5-2 win against a poor 10 man Barnsley side. Course there are positives, 3 points being the main thing but THEY WERE BETTER THAN US IN THE 2ND HALF. In fact their midfield embarrassed us at times with 10 men.

• Backroom

It's absolutely stunning. A win against 10 man Barnsley and suddenly all the negativity was unwarranted and Lowe is apparently now the next Gattuso.

To be fair, I think those hailing Lowe are those who have defended him all along.

For me, I didn't realise he was on the pitch until he started making a couple of bad decisions in the first half. I think he's one of those players who needs to just do an anonymous job and let those will more footballing ability get on with it.

He's clearly the first man on GB's team sheet so let's see how he does against Bolton.

And whilst on the subject of GB, is anyone else sick to death of Gerald announcing Rovers as "Team GB"? It getting really old, really fast. We are Blackburn Rovers, not Bowyer Rovers.

Gerald should concentrate more on announcing the substitutions correctly.

Archived