BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Barnsley

Tom

One thing is for sure, iv never in my life know so many fans turn against home grown players and openly criticise them...Lowe, Morris and Kean have had some dogs abuse on here. There's little or no support for returning players like Judge and Marrow either...

I count us fortunate to have so many home grown players around our squad. The bitterness against these players is uncalled for because they never give less than their all..I could understand people venting at Murphy and even Orr because they were under performing and rarely broke a sweat...but to lambast our own is absolutely scandalous!!

Its been happening for a while Mani, Wilcox was given some right abuse and he was instrumental in us winning the Premiership! Atkins also, Sellars, the list goes on.

What you need to remember here is this site has around 30 regular posters, so isn’t a true reflection of the fan base as a whole.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He bamboozled the full back time and again with his footwork to create those gaps. It's not as though he had pace to burn (compared to their winger-cum-rb), just that he managed to trick his way past, unbalancing his opponent.

I agree though, he will face sterner tests than yesterday.

I was sat in the riverside and you cant be more wrong...king game his man a pasting even in the first 15mins before they went a man down and he wernt just kickin it and running he was twisting in and out also cut in a few times instead of goin on the putsude I Couldnt belive my eyes at times as i was thinking is this the same King!!

As for lowe never been a fan but had good game yesterday kept the game moving and was always available for a pass also in one part of the game dunn lost the ball and their man skipped past three challenged and lowe chased hom all the way an won the ball back credit where credits due not one player had a bad game although Jake Kean really needs to rediscover his confidence again

Add to what i said there were still some idiots in the riverside who were booong everytime lowe got the ball which is just plain stupid

For all those praising Lowe's workrate to get back behind the ball they also are totally missing the point of his position.

He shouldn't have to make lung bursting runs to get back, that just proves that he's miles out of position and his opposite number has got 'wrong side'.

We'll get punished big time against better teams than Barnsley for such elementary mistakes.

Great Post.

The Midwich Cuckoo midielder certainly had a fine game. We really enjoyed his performance-David Perkins is his name ...I looked it up after the game, as I was so impressed.

I first saw him when Keith Hill brought him to Rochdale a few years back. A busy grafting player who gets about, can tackle, pass it, and he's also got a good shot in his left foot. Much too good for the old Div 4, he left the 'Dale and moved up a League. I'd lost track of him recently though. He's been around the lower leagues a while. My first thoughts when I saw him years ago was ' a poor man's Ken Knighton '.

I just don't think we should get starry-eyed about some lad that we've seen once. He did ok but he came on at a time when we had started resting players and visibly sticking at 5 so I'd suggest he (a Barnsley) had a lot more of the ball than they would have had if it had been closer - ten men or not.

:blink: He came on in the 32nd minute just after Rhodes had scored his first to make it 2-1.

It was Lowe

Progress?

My how many seasons has it taken to finally get Jason to play a telling forward pass like all good midfielders should. Could he possibly repeat the task in the next game or will it be back to the same old slow it down and play backwards sideways or give it away and chase back like always.

I'll ask again: Wasn't it Lowe who set up Rhodes for the red-card?

Yes and he laid the ball out wide to kane for his goal too.

btw........ Oddly there has not been much mention of Todd Kane. I know when a team goes down to 10 that it usually frees up a full back to go forward but yesterday he ended with two excellent assists and a superb goal.

Progress?

My how many seasons has it taken to finally get Jason to play a telling forward pass like all good midfielders should. Could he possibly repeat the task in the next game or will it be back to the same old slow it down and play backwards sideways or give it away and chase back like always.

It appears that poor old MGP is still warm in his grave and some are striving to find the next scapegoat / hate figure. The situation for Jason Lowe appears to be a perfect 'damned if you do and damned if you don't' with some of our supporters.

Listen JAL stop digging that hole for yourself. You don't need to fear being proven wrong cos as the old saying goes 'everybody makes mistakes and that is why they put rubbers on pencils'. :tu:

Some of you venky apologists don't half talk some sh1te. We didn't get back up first season after relegation, so how does that equate to being "easily one of the best teams at that level"? Fans have walked away because of the the way that the Raos backed Kean against all logic - and because of the despicable way they reacted to any crowd dissent. Don't ever forget the tannoys drowning out the fans protests, or the sight of the stewards going into the crowd in the Darwen end. Don't forget the way that anti - Kean banners were taken from fans. Don't ever forget the way the club put down the protesters at the time - 1 percent and all that?

One win and we have people on here saying the fans who won't have any part of a club that goes down that road are " copping out". We never had an apology or an explanation about anything they got wrong- and are still getting wrong, and some of you think the fans who wont have it, have somehow got their priorities wrong.

Dead right in all aspects.

:blink: He came on in the 32nd minute just after Rhodes had scored his first to make it 2-1.

Oh, right. Maybe I was thinking of the other blonde lad who came on.

Fair enough. Couple of questions then. How did he do for those first 15 minutes or so? And during what part of the game did he have most impact?

It appears that poor old MGP is still warm in his grave and some are striving to find the next scapegoat / hate figure. The situation for Jason Lowe appears to be a perfect 'damned if you do and damned if you don't' with some of our supporters.

Listen JAL stop digging that hole for yourself. You don't need to fear being proven wrong cos as the old saying goes 'everybody makes mistakes and that is why they put rubbers on pencils'. :tu:

Just pointing out some of the characteristics in the lads game, sure everyone makes mistakes and thats acceptable. But for the club to parade him in bright lights was wrong, when they should have let him go about his job quietly. For me the issue is two fold, and not just about Jason, but the ones who've tried to over state his importance to the team and club when hes clearly been below standard for large periods of his career as Rovers languish in the bottom half of the championship.

Just pointing out some of the characteristics in the lads game, sure everyone makes mistakes and thats acceptable. But for the club to parade him in bright lights was wrong, when they should have let him go about his job quietly. For me the issue is two fold, and not just about Jason, but the ones who've tried to over state his importance to the team and club when hes clearly been below standard for large periods of his career as Rovers languish in the bottom half of the championship.

You made your points in a sarcastic and disparaging tone JAL as I'm sure you intended. Not good on the back of a good win for the team and a good individual performance by Lowe is it?

Change the record Jal. That groove is worn out.

Oh, right. Maybe I was thinking of the other blonde lad who came on.

Fair enough. Couple of questions then. How did he do for those first 15 minutes or so? And during what part of the game did he have most impact?

Where you not there Stuart?

You made your points in a sarcastic and disparaging tone JAL as I'm sure you intended. Not good on the back of a good win for the team and a good individual performance by Lowe is it?

Out of interest why was he subbed.

Archived