BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Barnsley

Tom

No one is saying that Rovers troubles are over or that Lowe is the next Gattuso but if Rovers fans can't wake up this morning feeling happy that we played well and won yesterday regardless of the quality of the opposition then why do they bother?

Personally after watching Rovers be average to crap for the past 10yrs ill enjoy any game where we win and score five goals...

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

It's possible to be contented with the result, but realistic about the overall situation. What's so hard to grasp about that?

And sorry, some of the comments about Lowe are embarrassing. You'd think he just bossed a Champions League game against Barcelona.

It's possible to be contented with the result, but realistic about the overall situation. What's so hard to grasp about that?

And sorry, some of the comments about Lowe are embarrassing. You'd think he just bossed a Champions League game against Barcelona.

Your first line suggests maturity. Your second line childishness. Which is it?

I don't see any benefit to dissecting yesterdays performance, we won 5-2, Rhodes has found his goal scoring boots, and I'm glad for the fans, who have had to endure the dour lacklustre cr@p on offer over the past few seasons.

The fans deserved a few goals to cheer, the players obliged, so lets enjoy the win and look forward to the next game.

Onwards and upwards :tu:

It's absolutely stunning. A win against 10 man Barnsley and suddenly all the negativity was unwarranted and Lowe is apparently now the next Gattuso.

No mate. The next 'Super Atko'.

Got lots of grief then moved to breaking up the game in the middle from right back but was eventually appreciated by the fans. As Lowe will need to be. Put him with a decent creative midfielder and he will do a job. Put him with the likes of Marrow head and he will be a turnip. Atko's partnership with Cowans in the middle was fundamental in our promotion season.

Good performance by most once Barnsley were down to 10 men. Haven't read back yet but the best player on the pitch by a country mile was the little blond midfielder who came on as sub for Barnsley. Goodness knows why he was on the bench to begin with but his spirit, effort and quality was an example to all and hopefully another lesson to the stupid owners who sanctioned the paying of a King's ransom to the totally useless never-has-been Danny Murphy. Maybe a one off although somebody mentioned how well he played in the corresponding fixture last season, He is just the type of player that we have been crying out for.

Obviously few would predict 4-1 at HT but I did correctly predict the final score at HT in the midst of people forecasting 7 and 8 etc.

I watched Lowe quite a bit today (after all the stick he gets on the message board). Again his passing was average at best - but yet again he was passing and moving, always making himself available. He also made several lung busting runs into attack - but more impressive was the effort he put in to get behind the ball. I think people seriously under estimate the work he does for the side - every side needs a "water carrier".

Quite right. Only the 'ball watchers' will criticise him. Bit like the critics of MGP.

No one is saying that Rovers troubles are over or that Lowe is the next Gattuso but if Rovers fans can't wake up this morning feeling happy that we played well and won yesterday regardless of the quality of the opposition then why do they bother?

Personally after watching Rovers be average to crap for the past 10yrs ill enjoy any game where we win and score five goals...

Average to crap for past 10 years that's a bit harsh. Agreed we've been crap since venkys era but remember in 2006 we finished 6th and qualified automatically for Europe, in 2007 finished 10th and again into Europe via inter toto, in 2008 finished 7th and couple of 10ths to boot all within 10 years. Think Liverpool would take those finishing positions now.

Good performance by most once Barnsley were down to 10 men. Haven't read back yet but the best player on the pitch by a country mile was the little blond midfielder who came on as sub for Barnsley. Goodness knows why he was on the bench to begin with but his spirit, effort and quality was an example to all and hopefully another lesson to the stupid owners who sanctioned the paying of a King's ransom to the totally useless never-has-been Danny Murphy. Maybe a one off although somebody mentioned how well he played in the corresponding fixture last season, He is just the type of player that we have been crying out for.

Obviously few would predict 4-1 at HT but I did correctly predict the final score at HT in the midst of people forecasting 7 and 8 etc.

Great Post.

The Midwich Cuckoo midielder certainly had a fine game. We really enjoyed his performance-David Perkins is his name ...I looked it up after the game, as I was so impressed.

Den, I know what you're saying but get over it, what the hell are you going to achieve?

If you like Cadburys Dairy Milk, do you suddenly stop buying it because Kraft are a bunch of shysters?

They're a bunch of pricks but your staying away achieves nothing but the negative.

Its personal choice darren, some people can just accept that those idiots in Pune are here to stay and have ruined the club, some can't and won't go until they've gone. For some people its about having a bit of personal pride, you pay your money you show support for the regime, thats a hard one to swallow for some. But equally some won’t allow venkys to ruin a lifelong love affair, and thats fine also.

I know some of people that refused to go under Jack Walker because of the way he dealt with staff that worked at Walkersteel, there’s nowt as queer as folk you know...

Eh? Think you've got your sums wrong.

Haven't read back yet but the best player on the pitch by a country mile was the little blond midfielder who came on as sub for Barnsley. Goodness knows why he was on the bench to begin with but his spirit, effort and quality was an example to all and hopefully another lesson to the stupid owners who sanctioned the paying of a King's ransom to the totally useless never-has-been Danny Murphy.

Could you not see the touch line from your free ticket up in the JW stand heavens? At least you managed to get King's name into your ist somewhere I suppose. He tore their right back (albeit a makeshift one) a new one for all the time he was on the pitch.

Average to crap for the past 10 years? I don't think you understand. Mid table in the Prem is way above 'average to crap' for 90% of all professional clubs.

Eh? Think you've got your sums wrong.

Could you not see the touch line from your free ticket up in the JW stand heavens? At least you managed to get King's name into your ist somewhere I suppose. He tore their right back (albeit a makeshift one) a new one for all the time he was on the pitch.

King had a fine game but I find I can judge players more accurately when they are up against it and a man down rather than when the going is good and a man up. I think it's a case of 'who would you want alongside you in the trenches'? Just as a matter of interest Stuart do you think King would have been MoM if he had come on a goal down and a man down?

That lad's substitute performance was the best that I have seen since Dave Jones was named MoM after making his debut at half time.

To be fair, I think those hailing Lowe are those who have defended him all along.

Incorrect. I can't stand Lowe. I think he is one of the worst players I have seen in a rovers shirt. But that doesn't mean that I won't praise him when he has played well. Yesterday he did play well

The albino kid that came on is Perkins who used to be at morcombe, I remember watching him play for them when he was just a kid and looked good then, he may only be small but Christ he doesn't half make up for it in spirit and determination! Technically hes very good as well!

King had a fine game but I find I can judge players more accurately when they are up against it and a man down rather than when the going is good and a man up. I think it's a case of 'who would you want alongside you in the trenches'? Just as a matter of interest Stuart do you think King would have been MoM if he had come on a goal down and a man down?

That lad's substitute performance was the best that I have seen since Dave Jones was named MoM after making his debut at half time.

Don't know about the man down requirement but I seem to remember him coming on away at Bumley last season and totally swinging the game in our favour.

I just don't think we should get starry-eyed about some lad that we've seen once. He did ok but he came on at a time when we had started resting players and visibly sticking at 5 so I'd suggest he (a Barnsley) had a lot more of the ball than they would have had if it had been closer - ten men or not.

King's problem is being inconsistent and he needs to address that but yesterday he was the best player on the pitch. We were a poorer team once King had gone off - especially following Dunn.

Its personal choice darren, some people can just accept that those idiots in Pune are here to stay and have ruined the club, some can't and won't go until they've gone. For some people its about having a bit of personal pride, you pay your money you show support for the regime, thats a hard one to swallow for some. But equally some wont allow venkys to ruin a lifelong love affair, and thats fine also.

I know some of people that refused to go under Jack Walker because of the way he dealt with staff that worked at Walkersteel, theres nowt as queer as folk you know...

I went yesterday Gav and had a half season ticket last season - so that's something else they got wrong. John Leigh's comments riled me this morning.

Don't know about the man down requirement but I seem to remember him coming on away at Bumley last season and totally swinging the game in our favour.

I just don't think we should get starry-eyed about some lad that we've seen once. He did ok but he came on at a time when we had started resting players and visibly sticking at 5 so I'd suggest he (a Barnsley) had a lot more of the ball than they would have had if it had been closer - ten men or not.

King's problem is being inconsistent and he needs to address that but yesterday he was the best player on the pitch. We were a poorer team once King had gone off - especially following Dunn.

All King was doing yesterday time after time, was pushing the ball past his fullback and outrunning him. Barnsley made him look like Andrei Kanchelskis. Better teams will deny him that space.

All King was doing yesterday time after time, was pushing the ball past his fullback and outrunning him. Better teams will deny him that space.

He bamboozled the full back time and again with his footwork to create those gaps. It's not as though he had pace to burn (compared to their winger-cum-rb), just that he managed to trick his way past, unbalancing his opponent.

I agree though, he will face sterner tests than yesterday.

Some of you venky apologists don't half talk some sh1te. We didn't get back up first season after relegation, so how does that equate to being "easily one of the best teams at that level"? Fans have walked away because of the the way that the Raos backed Kean against all logic - and because of the despicable way they reacted to any crowd dissent. Don't ever forget the tannoys drowning out the fans protests, or the sight of the stewards going into the crowd in the Darwen end. Don't forget the way that anti - Kean banners were taken from fans. Don't ever forget the way the club put down the protesters at the time - 1 percent and all that?

One win and we have people on here saying the fans who won't have any part of a club that goes down that road are " copping out". We never had an apology or an explanation about anything they got wrong- and are still getting wrong, and some of you think the fans who wont have it, have somehow got their priorities wrong.

You are so right Den but you are wasting your time trying to convince some on here. I suspect you know that!

My bad, the rot set in in 2008 when Hughes left and we replaced him with Ince..IMO we have never had a decent team since..and even when we were relatively hard to beat under Sam, I rarely enjoyed watching us play...

Perhaps it just feels like 10yrs since we were half decent! Ha

One thing is for sure, iv never in my life know so many fans turn against home grown players and openly criticise them...Lowe, Morris and Kean have had some dogs abuse on here. There's little or no support for returning players like Judge and Marrow either...

I count us fortunate to have so many home grown players around our squad. The bitterness against these players is uncalled for because they never give less than their all..I could understand people venting at Murphy and even Orr because they were under performing and rarely broke a sweat...but to lambast our own is absolutely scandalous!!

Archived