BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Barnsley

Tom

King was the biggest positive, he murdered their right back. Cairney in the first half was excellent but poor in the 2nd, Judge was useful, Rhodes did what he does best and Kane played well.

Lowe was Lowe (poor), Dann i'd drive to Fulham, absolutely awful player. Get rid of Morris, he's absolute miles off.

Their first shot at goal, produced a goal which is getting a little tiresome and it needs to change. 2nd half was such a lazy & lethargic performance (except for King), you'd have thought they had 11 men. We didn't close down the first touch quick enough and allowed them time and space to play through us. In fact, in some spells of the 2nd half they embarrassed our midfield and showed players like Lowe up for what they really are.

Sweet and sour taste in my mouth tonight, still so many negatives even after a positive result. I feel a better team (like Bolton who we have next) would have punished us.

If they hadn't of had a man sent off, It would be hard to judge if we'd have won.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have to disappoint you there Darrener. Too many things to do, not enough weekends ;)

Even got offered a free ticket today. Never flinched. It's quite sad really thinking about it, how 30 years of attending without a thought can be extinguised. :(

One day the spark will re-ignite...............no idea of what you mean by fractured fan base though. There's always been the pragmatist and the fantasist elements of our support

I always get the feeling with you that you enjoy being the harbinger of doom a bit too much. Yes, Barnsley aren't much cop and went down to 10 men early but you can only beat what's in front of you and we did that comprehensively today.

Great to get off the mark.

Should do wonders for confidence and morale.

Bigger tests ahead but let's enjoy the moment.

Bigger tests indeed, like against your idol 'wee dougie', currently sitting handily in 21st place... ;)

• Backroom

Nice to get a win but its hard to have a proper assessment as at 11 v 11 it looked like being tight, their shockingly haired full back got in behind our back line a couple of times early doors.

Handed a real lifeline with the red card but what a free kick to level it up. Then a great header by Rhodes for the second, the third goal was one you expect your striker to score but you just knew that there wasn't a chance that Rhodes would miss it the bouncing ball and advancing keeper made his mind up and he executed it perfectly. Nice team goal for the fourth and a nice strike with some shocking goalkeeping for the fifth.

King was superb, if he plays like that more often he's be up there with the likes of Ince and Hoilett as far as dangerous wingers in this league go I lost count of the amount of times he skinned the full back.

The second half was disappointing and poor but it was job done by then and pointless worrying about that

New tactic sorted, just make them go down to ten men

Wonder what Best is thinking for being on bench and not giving chance to score. The match was over early and Best could have taken in without taking Rhodes off. Leon must be unhappy with the desicion.

I don't know if anyone else was watching Best in the pre- game warm up, but he was being put through his paces on a one- one basis. He looked absolutely knackered, bent over taking air and taking water as well. Looks to me as though he has big fitness problems.

Re: Lowe. He's a bit like a referee. If he's having a good game you don't even notice that he's on the pitch. I only really realised he was playing when he starting making mistakes.

I watched Lowe quite a bit today (after all the stick he gets on the message board). Again his passing was average at best - but yet again he was passing and moving, always making himself available. He also made several lung busting runs into attack - but more impressive was the effort he put in to get behind the ball. I think people seriously under estimate the work he does for the side - every side needs a "water carrier".

I watched Lowe quite a bit today (after all the stick he gets on the message board). Again his passing was average at best - but yet again he was passing and moving, always making himself available. He also made several lung busting runs into attack - but more impressive was the effort he put in to get behind the ball. I think people seriously under estimate the work he does for the side - every side needs a "water carrier".

Wasn't it Lowe's through-ball that led to them going down to 10?

This season will be a success for me to see the likes of your goodself sat in a bloody seat at Ewood and for the fan base to be as one again!

no please let those types stay at home and just whinge on here, better than having them sat near me and whinging(or in todays case aggressively balling at our players whilst we where 5-2 up with minutes to go, yet I didn't hear a squeak out of him when we where playing exciting football, dominating and scoring for fun 1st halve, cant wait to be sat near this pr##k for every home game this year, o joy)

Todays atmosphere was great from the kick off, the team where clearly well up for it from the off although Barnsley scored completely against the run of play after 12mins there was no way we was going to loose today regardless of the sending off,

Most worrying thing of note for me was as soon as Dunn was subbed there was no leadership on the pitch at all and he's going to play a massive role for us linking midfield and attack until Rochinas back, so I hope he can stay fit.

And Josh King was seriously unstoppable for the 1st hour.

I always get the feeling with you that you enjoy being the harbinger of doom a bit too much. Yes, Barnsley aren't much cop and went down to 10 men early but you can only beat what's in front of you and we did that comprehensively today.

Bigger tests indeed, like against your idol 'wee dougie', currently sitting handily in 21st place... ;)

Hey Yeti-Dog, long time since we exchanged a few verbals !

Listen, wee Dougie isn't my idol but I have enormous respect for him after his job at Palace.

Yes, Bolton have started poorly but already played QPR, Forest, Reading and even Burnley who sit above us ! I reckon they have played at least two of the sides who will get promoted.

Not feeling too comfortable after most supporters were saying we had 'an easy start' - well, if we did, we haven't made the most of it.

Wouldn't like to call next Saturday's match - might depend upon which side Rhodes is playing for ;)

I think we would have beaten them convincingly even if they hadn't had a man sent off. It was thoroughly deserved though as the defender was the last man when he brought Jordan down. That saying Barnsley had a bit of a spurt in the mid second half and that little bloke with the white hair ran his socks off!

Nice cameo from Morton at the end and he got a good round of applause. I'm disappointed the club couldn't do something a bit more for him though but the tannoy was giving horrendous feedback.

Onwards and upwards and we could even hear the Blackburn End singing from our seats in the Darwen End, keep it up!

I was watching a different game to some of you because I thought Jason Lowe was the man of the match. Yeah, he misplaced a pass or 2 but today was his best performance in a Rovers shirt.

We are a worse team without him on the pitch. He broke everything up, got up & down the pitch, filled in for those out of position numerous times.

Well done Lowey. You get loads of stick on here but I, for one, thought you were terrific. But the boo boys will always exist because you don't do the creative stuff & score goals. End of.

Todd Kane was my man of the match.

2 assists and a goal.

King did well don't get me wrong, but I can't help but see him running in to closed doors all the time. He'll skip past the full back then "do a diouf" and wait for the defender to catch up so he can try and beat him again. And his runs rarely come to anything.

....maybe he's my Jason Lowe.

The thing is, we've been dumped on from a great height for the last 3 years, but the negativity on here is ludicrous at times.

New players and manager written off after 5 games, everyone we sign is useless, and everyone we sell is the new Messi.

People need to remember what being a football supporter is all about, going to the games and supporting our team. Not expecting Barcelona like football and getting on everyone's back after one mistake. Not saying we're definitely getting promoted or relegated, but when you've had a squad/management turnover like we've had in the last few years, it takes time for everyone to gel.

Not having a go, but tbh other than a few usual suspects MOST seem to be fairly balanced (one of which quoted below). So think it's a tad harsh to tar all/most fans with the same brush. And prior to today the results haven't been up to scratch.

Having said that emotions do come into it a bit -after the win, my head says very well done for doing what we were supposed to do, but it was 10 men and one of the weaker teams in the division. But in my heart I'm beginning to sneakily wonder if this is the start of a massive revival and turn around to launch our promotion push (it isn't though.) I suspect most fans are similar. I think when the excitement or hurt of a result is over, most fans are fairly balanced in their assesment of the season so far.

Nice to get a win but its hard to have a proper assessment as at 11 v 11 it looked like being tight, their shockingly haired full back got in behind our back line a couple of times early doors.

Handed a real lifeline with the red card but what a free kick to level it up. Then a great header by Rhodes for the second, the third goal was one you expect your striker to score but you just knew that there wasn't a chance that Rhodes would miss it the bouncing ball and advancing keeper made his mind up and he executed it perfectly. Nice team goal for the fourth and a nice strike with some shocking goalkeeping for the fifth.

King was superb, if he plays like that more often he's be up there with the likes of Ince and Hoilett as far as dangerous wingers in this league go I lost count of the amount of times he skinned the full back.

The second half was disappointing and poor but it was job done by then and pointless worrying about that

New tactic sorted, just make them go down to ten men

That's the thing 11 vs 11 would have been a very different game, and does inject a note of caution so not to get carried away.

But I remember at their place last season they went down to 10 men and they could've nabbed a draw before we got a goal on the break to make it 3-1. So even comparatively to last season, how we coped in this situation, we've performed better (albeit with an earlier sending off). So bonus points for that as well as putting the game to bed so easily. Not perfect (especially defensively there's room for improvement), but can't see anyone complaining or not being satisfied with the performance today.

Edit: Good to see Lowe getting praised. Overall that probably puts him as performing at least 50-50 this season - being good vs Carlisle, today and being one of the better players vs Donny. Much more consistent than King, with whom it seems all is forgiven after one good game.

• Backroom

I wouldn't say their goal was against the run of play, we started well then they were getting in and around our box a lot leading up to the goal

I was watching a different game to some of you because I thought Jason Lowe was the man of the match. Yeah, he misplaced a pass or 2 but today was his best performance in a Rovers shirt.

We are a worse team without him on the pitch. He broke everything up, got up & down the pitch, filled in for those out of position numerous times.

Well done Lowey. You get loads of stick on here but I, for one, thought you were terrific. But the boo boys will always exist because you don't do the creative stuff & score goals. End of.

I think Lowe is one of the worst players we have had in a long time.

That being said I would have considered him for motm today

I wouldn't say their goal was against the run of play, we started well then they were getting in and around our box a lot leading up to the goal

we pretty much dominated the 1st 10 mins I thought, then it went their way for a couple of mins and they scored(I seem to remember seeing Lowe ball watching a lot at this point :o ), So maybe it was to early in the game for me to say it was against run of play, but we did by far have the liveliest start.

the next 2 games will be the real test of what this teams capable of and how the seasons likely to go.

p.s. Cairney's passing and composure in the centre of midfield was something we haven't seen for a while, shame he's only here 6 months.

Lowe was my man of the match also. We would be a lot worse off without him.

• Backroom

Calm down Jason, no need to go OTT. You did alright today, well done.

Good to see the Rovers win , King was excellent today , there is something there with that lad .Todays performance should give him a big confidence boast !

Dunn also played well , can still do a bit at this level for an hour or so .....

Be tougher next Saturday but I am going to enjoy my Saturday night in the knowledge that the Rovers have won !

LONG MAY IT CONTINUE

Good result, well done to the lads.

Roll with the punches and enjoy the victories. Has it ever REALLY been anything different being a Rover?

Wasn't there, but heard MGP got a good send off. I'm glad, he deserved it.

.........on and on and on to victory.....

Archived