BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Barnsley

Tom

My opinion on the game,

Great to see us win, but not only win, but for it to mean a lot to the players, you could see the players jumping on each other after each goal. That's almost as important as the win!

My MOM, Todd Kane. Cracking cross for Rhodes' first and was bombing forward for the whole game. 2 assists and goal for a full back says a lot! Okay didnt have much to do defensively but what he did do was solid.

I thought King had a good game compared to his normal, however he is still a very frustrating player to watch, how often does he do the hard work of beating a man, but his decision making/final ball let him down! If he could sort that out he could be a really good player!

I think a player that gets over looked a lot is spurr! He was solid all game, and provided king with a lot of chances from his dinks over the top down the wing for him to run onto. I think quietly he could be one of the best signings of the season!

It was nice to see a composed centre mid in Cairney, however would be nice to see him push a little more forward at times, especially after they went down to 10 men! Also, small credit for Lowe who didnt actually do that bad today.

Overall, good 3 points, yes we played 10 men but you can only beat what's infront of you. And that we did! Bring on the next match!

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically it is just an excuse so they can still claim to be Rover's fans - but not actually attend any matches ?

That's not what I read in his reply. Venkys are scum and they don't want to give money to scum. It may not be much money compared to what they make in their other companies, and it may not push this company into the black, but the principle is the same. I boycotted for a year and then got a ST ticket again this season, but I'm not proud of the decision. I did it for the selfish reason that I enjoy watching Rovers more on a Saturday than I do going shopping, but I still know that I failed to stick to my principles on it.

So basically it is just an excuse so they can still claim to be Rover's fans - but not actually attend any matches ?

Couldn't tell you fella I'm only speculating about guys I don't know.

But I have to say I prefer to spend money on away games. I find its a better crack away anyway and still get to support team. Plus like the guy above I know lads who for similar reasons will now only go away so if wanna go with the lads and have a laugh home games just not an option anymore.

Enjoy the win, let’s kick on, season starts here etc etc etc.

In reality, dodgy ref decision, Jordan being smart several times, awful Barnsley keeper, awful Barnsley defending, wide open spaces with 10 men, even steven 11 v 11.

Enjoyed the performance of Perkins who controlled large parts of the game and the nous of Rhodes.

Enjoy the win, lets kick on, season starts here etc etc etc.

In reality, dodgy ref decision, Jordan being smart several times, awful Barnsley keeper, awful Barnsley defending, wide open spaces with 10 men, even steven 11 v 11.

Enjoyed the performance of Perkins who controlled large parts of the game and the nous of Rhodes.

It was hardly a dodgy ref decision when Rhodes was in a clear goal scoring opportunity and was brought down from behind by the last man. He simply had to walk

I noticed that at about the half hour mark one of their players elbowed one of our defenders and flattened him off the ball. I saw that he got yellow carded but IMO should have been sent off for violent conduct, which would have left them with nine on the field. Anyone else see this incident?

Good win today. Was trying to think of last time we scored 4 goals before half time. We did vs Rotherham in league cup 2003 is but can't think of league perhaps when beat west ham 7-0 or whatever it was or going back further to beating Norwich 7-1 or sheff wed 7-2.

Think what he's trying to get at is Blackburn rovers is venkys company so if you pay anything on gate receipts, merchandise, etc, with venkys as the owners it goes to them. Even if they are losing money. Say they are losing 2 million a month and buy a £30 ticket all that means is they are just losing £30 less than would have otherwise. So while its not like giving them £30 its saving them £30.

In the grand scheme of things gate receipts are peanuts anyway. To put it in perspective if say there's 10,000 rovers fans paying £20 on average for 23 games its £4.6 million and with that we couldn't even afford to buy etuhu out of his contract.

To turn it on its head, what if Venky's decided to say I've had enough of pouring £1.5 million a month into Rovers, even the supporters don't appreciate the gravity of the situation, what's the point?

The excuse of 'I ain't going because I'm not putting any money in Venky's pockets' is nothing more than a cop out. They wouldn't be going in any event.

I deplore all that Venkys stand for and have done to our club but am Rovers through and through!

• Backroom

I think a player that gets over looked a lot is spurr! He was solid all game, and provided king with a lot of chances from his dinks over the top down the wing for him to run onto. I think quietly he could be one of the best signings of the season!

Disagree, Spurr has been widely noted on here as playing consistently well so far so I wouldn't call him overlooked at all.

I noticed that at about the half hour mark one of their players elbowed one of our defenders and flattened him off the ball. I saw that he got yellow carded but IMO should have been sent off for violent conduct, which would have left them with nine on the field. Anyone else see this incident?

Yes was right in front of me, O'grady flattened Dann with the elbow. Defo red no question about it. No idea why the ref bottled it, he went to back pocket to grab red, then changed his mind and grabbed yellow from top front pocket.

Enjoy the win, let’s kick on, season starts here etc etc etc.

I think that's harsh.

It's difficult to know how much to read into today given we only beat ten men but I thought we played well even before going a goal down to what was in my mind was an error from Kean.

We didn't let that get us down, equalised almost immediately and were excellent for the rest of the first half imo. In the second half it was cigars out really which frustrated me a bit as I thought there were seven or eight goals to be had if we'd continued at full pelt second half.

Overall very good though, especially after the start we'd made in the previous games.

I think that's harsh.

It's difficult to know how much to read into today given we only beat ten men but I thought we played well even before going a goal down to what was in my mind was an error from Kean.

We didn't let that get us down, equalised almost immediately and were excellent for the rest of the first half imo. In the second half it was cigars out really which frustrated me a bit as I thought there were seven or eight goals to be had if we'd continued at full pelt second half.

Overall very good though, especially after the start we'd made in the previous games.

Having had a look at the main Barnsley messageboard, most of their fans( who had been to the game) seem to agree with you Rev.

I think that's harsh.

I agree about the second half performance. Whilst the game was effectively over at half time I wanted us to play at the same tempo and intensity as we had in the first half. It seemed to me that Barnsley had better possession with ten men than we did with eleven. Sometimes in these situations the players can look complacent and pick up bad habits. We were very close to that at times.

I'm delighted with three points however which was the most important thing today.

• Backroom

I know O Grady had been booked but I thought their manager was incredibly poor today with his subs, he didnt change it after the red card then made 2 subs in the first half when behind one of them a straight swap a striker for a striker. When playing against an extra man you want to save a couple of subs for the second half. Wee Flitty has a lot to learn.

Wasn't too impressed with our subs today but again the game had been won, I would have liked to have seen Best have a chance but maybe the injury to Lowe changed that, Nunes looks utterly confused when he gets in the box

To turn it on its head, what if Venky's decided to say I've had enough of pouring £1.5 million a month into Rovers, even the supporters don't appreciate the gravity of the situation, what's the point?

The excuse of 'I ain't going because I'm not putting any money in Venky's pockets' is nothing more than a cop out. They wouldn't be going in any event.

I deplore all that Venkys stand for and have done to our club but am Rovers through and through!

Completely agree with darrenrover.

Easy for me to say here in Australia, but not going because of Venkys is a cop out IMO.

Completely agree with darrenrover.

Easy for me to say here in Australia, but not going because of Venkys is a cop out IMO.

Really? After all they have done to rovers, that's an astonishing statement John.

Really? After all they have done to rovers, that's an astonishing statement John.

Den, I know what you're saying but get over it, what the hell are you going to achieve?

If you like Cadburys Dairy Milk, do you suddenly stop buying it because Kraft are a bunch of shysters?

They're a bunch of pricks but your staying away achieves nothing but the negative.

Den, I know what you're saying but get over it, what the hell are you going to achieve?

If you like Cadburys Dairy Milk, do you suddenly stop buying it because Kraft are a bunch of shysters?

They're a bunch of pricks but your staying away achieves nothing but the negative.

If Kraft started firing the people who knew how to make good chocolate and replaced them with people who know how to make mediocre dog treats, yes I would.

I don't like being in a half empty stadium anymore than anyone else does. But I couldn't bring myself to persuade people to come back. Venkys should never stop knowing how much we hate them for what they've done. If everyone returns its a bit too much forgive and forget for my liking.

And it wouldn't change anything on the pitch. Fan attendance pales into insignificance compared to extreme levels of incompetent and tyrannical club management. Venkys don't hire good quality staff in case they insist on doing things their own way. Just take a minute to think about how insane and damaging that one sentence is.

And it means we'll never progress under them except through unlikely, blind luck.

Archived