BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Barnsley

Tom

5-2 against an equally poor team (when not down to 10 men) and the emotion-o-meter will swing wildly from doom and gloom to over optimism as anyone who says anything remotely negative is shot down in flames just as the optimists have been hiding under rocks all week.

There's no middle ground concerning Rovers any more :D

I'm still sticking with 12th - 16th for this season

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

To be fair I think most whining on here has been justified. Up till today we've not done that well: disappointing results (Forrest, Donny and Carlisle) including one of the worst performances for a while. So in light of that not sure it's the best comment to make.

Think as others have said the key thing is: enjoy today. Yes it's not a sign that all is great, but Rovers seem to be doing what they should be doing, winning well in an advantageous situation. Definitely not a sign that we're on for promotion but hey, let's enjoy us winning.

The thing is, we've been dumped on from a great height for the last 3 years, but the negativity on here is ludicrous at times.

New players and manager written off after 5 games, everyone we sign is useless, and everyone we sell is the new Messi.

People need to remember what being a football supporter is all about, going to the games and supporting our team. Not expecting Barcelona like football and getting on everyone's back after one mistake. Not saying we're definitely getting promoted or relegated, but when you've had a squad/management turnover like we've had in the last few years, it takes time for everyone to gel.

First win of the season, 5-2 well deserved, but make no mistake the result could have been much better and the goals conceded could have easily been avoided. Work still needed and Kean certainly still has a question mark on his consistency.

All said though,the team needed this win, the fans deserved it and Rhodes scoring again will be an immense relief for all of us!

:D

We won and scored 5 goals, shall we be positive?

Nah let's have digs at the ones who aren't boringly pessimistic.

Whilst it was good, and letting in 2 was bad realism is needed. Not gloom, not boom. Just the acceptance that this season is all about bedding in, avoiding a relegation scrap and aim to try to sneak into the top half of the table

5-2 against an equally poor team (when not down to 10 men) and the emotion-o-meter will swing wildly from doom and gloom to over optimism as anyone who says anything remotely negative is shot down in flames just as the optimists have been hiding under rocks all week.

There's no middle ground concerning Rovers any more :D

I'm still sticking with 12th - 16th for this season

Yeh, Barnsley are crap, perhaps we may be crap also.

We may have our problems as a club as a blind man can see, but just blatant negatives irrespective whilst your sat on you're arse does nobody any good. I really don't know what you want the club to aspire to...

But FFS, have the good grace to give credit where it's due!

• Backroom

Could have done without conceding the 2nd goal GD wise, but otherwise can't really complain. Difficult to get excited as we were playing a team who are one of the worst in division, at home, who had ten men for the majority of the match - we can only beat what is put in front of us, though.

Onto the next match...

Yeh, Barnsley are crap, perhaps we may be crap also.

We may have our problems as a club as a blind man can see, but just blatant negatives irrespective whilst your sat on you're arse does nobody any good. I really don't know what you want the club to aspire to...

But FFS, have the good grace to give credit where it's due!

OK round on me for fck all :/

We did well. Put them to the sword when it mattered but let's not cream our knickers just yet. This season will be a success for me if we go through it without a crisis and without embarassing ourselves. 5-2 wins go a long way to acheiving that. Especially against the teams that will be in and around us in the table.

Good day at the office. And a much needed boost

You may have a point k hod, but now's not the time to make it.

B&W army, i reckon 6th- 14th myself not many very good teams in this league

Also with me in country Rovers couldn't win, saw six games inc 2 preseason, soon as I leave...

Not coming back for a while so we might have just begun a good run

OK round on me for fck all :/

We did well. Put them to the sword when it mattered but let's not cream our knickers just yet. This season will be a success for me if we go through it without a crisis and without embarassing ourselves. 5-2 wins go a long way to acheiving that. Especially against the teams that will be in and around us in the table.

Good day at the office. And a much needed boost

This season will be a success for me to see the likes of your goodself sat in a bloody seat at Ewood and for the fan base to be as one again!

I'll have to disappoint you there Darrener. Too many things to do, not enough weekends ;)

Even got offered a free ticket today. Never flinched. It's quite sad really thinking about it, how 30 years of attending without a thought can be extinguised. :(

One day the spark will re-ignite...............no idea of what you mean by fractured fan base though. There's always been the pragmatist and the fantasist elements of our support

Wow, been busy all day so just read the thread to catch up with what went on.

Great result.

Had Rovers to win on one accumulator and Rhodes to score anytime in the other, happy days :)

Just got in.

Cracking first half after Barnsley went down to 10 men.

Very laboured second half. Especially when Dunn went off, and compounded by King going off (who was brilliant today btw - definitely my MoM). Dunn almost certainly due to fitness and King to protect him, having done their jobs for the day.

Our continued reliance on Dunn as the team's attacking fulcrum is worrying though.

Re: Lowe. He's a bit like a referee. If he's having a good game you don't even notice that he's on the pitch. I only really realised he was playing when he starting making mistakes.

Re: Crainey. Does he go to the same barbers as Rochina?

Bring on the Bewton but it won't be this easy next Saturday...

Well not much to be learned from that walk over.

Positives were the goals and the way we approached the game in a positive manner, the negatives were Keans goalkeeping and still managing to concede two goals to a very poor team. We'll learn much more against Bolton next week, even though they're struggling at the moment, I don't expect they'll be as badly organised as Barnsley were today.

Archived