BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Barnsley

Tom

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know there's a lot of pessimism around Rovers (with good reason after the last two and a half years) but I've been to all the games and a couple of preseason ones but the three league games are the ones that really count.

The first versus Derby was a very good performance, which with a little luck would have been a fine three points. Derby are a good team, especially at home, and we outperformed them, if you don't believe it check out Nigel Clough's after match comments http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23480906 at the bottom of the page.

The Forest game wasn't great, neither team were that good, but they are supposed to be among the top two or three teams in the division. We should have had at least one penalty and scored because of a silly mistake. Disappointing result but a decent performance.

The Doncaster game was poor and we should have done a lot better, I think the young age of the team counted against us that night and a lack of leadership on the field.

So three games, one good, one average and one poor. Taken in isolation, after Derby, we're going up, after Doncaster, we're going down. To judge this early though is obviously ridiculous.

We should beat Barnsley, we are a far better team with far better players and if Bowyer sets us up right we should win comfortably, perhaps 2-0.

We have good players, particularly what should be a good spine, we won't go down, probably won't go up. Having an experienced manager would give us more confidence but GB is the man we have, he needs time and a lot of support. Hopefully we will see, by the end of the season, signs that he is the right man for the job, perhaps not but only time will tell.

From an earlier post, stated with confidence that Rovers would win.

Don't usually dream about Rovers but last night dreamt we got stuffed 3-0.

Oh dear, hope that was only the effect of last night's wine and cheese.

Like most games the first goal will be crucial. If we go behind again I fear the worst. Have we lead a game yet this season ?

I saw a stat the other day that said rovers haven't scored the 1st goal in a game since Huddersfield at home and we drew that game

I will be venturing on again today , whilst I am realistic that I will never see the likes of Friedel , Le Saux , Tugay , Wagstaffe and Shearer again ..

It would be nice to see some players put shifts in like Faz , Parkes and in more modern times Savage and ,Dickov !

Defenders who put their bodies in the way McNamee , Keeley , Hendry and Moran it is not until we get players in, with the will to win and never say die attitude,that we will continue to struggle ...#

Wheres Gordon Lee nowadays ?

Have to say, I fear the worst today. Have a habit of conceding the first goal and struggling to recover from that position. Got a feeling that may continue today. 1-1.

With our bonkers owners, a loss may just mean boater is given the boot after just 4 games which would be madness.

Have to say, I fear the worst today. Have a habit of conceding the first goal and struggling to recover from that position. Got a feeling that may continue today. 1-1.

With our bonkers owners, a loss may just mean bowyer is given the boot after just 4 games which would be madness.

I'd play King up top with Rhodes today, let him try and get on the shoulder. Boy has lots of potential, he's taken a fair and unfair amount of stick but he's one we can develop. If we're still drawing at half time put Best on and go 3 up top. Don't hold back and go for it today I recon, win or bust.

Don't worry Den, you wouldn't get questioned :D

I'll give it a try and let you know how I went on Aggers. Better make sure I'm not behind you for the discount though, they'll never believe me.

Just in case..... I would have put a smilie on that one Aggy, but an IPAD won't let me.

Archived