BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Tom

And a Merry Christmas to the Rhodes blinker brigade as well as the Rhodes hyper critiques!

Let's even extend a merry christmas to the Lowe Lovers and Lowe is Woe bunch as well!

But not the bovine tremblers or that other bunch

:P

Amazing things them blinkers. Today with them off saw a couple of chances fall to a couple of different players come to nothing. Put them back on and you see one of those chances eventually find itself at the feet of Mr Rhodes and bingo it hits the net, blinking eck :)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job he scored after not getting on the end of a Dunny pass and missing a couple. Had it finished 0-0 this thread would be melting now. Merry Christmas Rhodes whingers :) :) that's your evenings postings knackered lol

We know, he scored.

Anyway, this is my final, final post on the subject. To all my sparring partners (stu, Amo, Rev etc) who have remained silent these last few days when we got around to talking football - I wish one and all a merry Christmas and many happy New Years.

• Backroom

You know I was messing right?

I'll suck it up though I've been critical when I've thought it warranted (and at times it has been no doubt), had him down to score today, never doubted his finishing given a few chances he will always bag it just a case of can we work the team round him to create those and if we can't can he create himself.

Today answers the first as a solid yes on the day and last week he answered the second as a yes as well.

Happy days and long may he continue to minimise the flaws in his game by doing what he is superb at.

Good job he scored after not getting on the end of a Dunny pass and missing a couple. Had it finished 0-0 this thread would be melting now. Merry Christmas Rhodes whingers :) :) that's your evenings postings knackered lol

Rhodes whingers? Easier to identify than that. There's them that know something about football and there's those that haven't a clue.

Irrespective of his goals, it is fair to say that Rhodes has improved in certain areas of his game that were frustrating me last year. There's still work to do of course, but it is clear he is trying.

I personally believe he could work harder, but without knowing how he has been instructed I am not armed with the facts to properly judge. He could certainly be stronger at times.

He didn't set the fee, nor his salary and was probably not expecting to play one upfront either as a lone striker. He isn't great in that particular role, as most generally understand it anyway.

Having been critical of him at times, it's fair to highlight his efforts to improve. Another goal today and a vital three points. Young player who can only get better.

Happy Xmas to all.

Another cracking goal it sounds like and more importantly it sounds like he and Dunn are linking up well as last time they played at home it didn't click

Let's hope we can keep the latter fit to keep feeding him (rather than himself)

Much credit where it's due if we set up around him and use him right he's pretty much irreplaceable to us the issue is making sure we do that consistently

Whilst being a Jordan Rhodes admirer lets not forget that todays team Yeovil are a third division team playing in the second division.

Rhodes whingers? Easier to identify than that. There's them that know something about football and there's those that haven't a clue.

And there's them that whinge about whatever they can find to whinge about just for the sake of it !

• Backroom

Very good answers from Jordan when asked about the transfer window

He basically says he loves it here and is happy but the transfer window is out of his hands

Reading between the lines if a premier league team came in and we accepted he would obviously go but he won't push for it

Nobody could begrudge him or any of our players an upwards move if it did come along IMO

Not sure why the local paper had to go down the transfer route though

I've just been giving Wheelock a grilling on what is one of the poorest articles from the LET for some time. Very disappointing from our local chip paper to make up an article based on "speculation" whilst we are in good form. Where's the talk about Ings? He's contract runs out before Rhodes.

I've just been giving Wheelock a grilling on what is one of the poorest articles from the LET for some time. Very disappointing from our local chip paper to make up an article based on "speculation" whilst we are in good form. Where's the talk about Ings? He's contract runs out before Rhodes.

The lack of impact from the departure of Austin has put paid to concerns over Ings or Volkes leaving.

Concerns would be more likely over stories of Darth Dingle going but I doubt Wheelock would want to risk a backlash from him.

Would you...?

A0115C46-532F-4C31-889C-8CDD6175CDA2.jpg

Archived