BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Tom

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forest are interested because Davies has told their owner that signing Rhodes would make them serious promotion contenders. Rumours have started because someone in Forest corporate section was told that they hadn't bulked at Rovers £12 million asking price. No official bid or approach thus far. Their owner is rich.

Would Rhodes even want to move to Forest? I would say no, but if it gets to a stage where there is an official bid that we accept then he wouldn't have much choice.

At moment ignore rumours, this is a complicated one and nothing to discuss at present as there has been no bid.

Be very surprised if he went to another Championship team. £12m is silly money for any Championship player. £8m was bad enough. You can buy a hell of a lot for that at this level. If they want to throw that kind of money around then I guess you can't say no. Can't say I'm too worried. Its when the prem teams come knocking that things will get interesting.

Forest are interested because Davies has told their owner that signing Rhodes would make them serious promotion contenders. Rumours have started because someone in Forest corporate section was told that they hadn't bulked at Rovers £12 million asking price. No official bid or approach thus far. Their owner is rich.

Would Rhodes even want to move to Forest? I would say no, but if it gets to a stage where there is an official bid that we accept then he wouldn't have much choice.

At moment ignore rumours, this is a complicated one and nothing to discuss at present as there has been no bid.

Sure Kamy? Hearing that an inquiry has now been made. Knowing Forest's habit though they bid for a player well under value and raise it a hundred k at a time until the team get keaned off with them, happend with Leadbitter and Sako in the summer.

If they couldnt pay 3 million for Sako, they wont be getting Rhodes anytime soon.

Be very surprised if he went to another Championship team. £12m is silly money for any Championship player. £8m was bad enough. You can buy a hell of a lot for that at this level. If they want to throw that kind of money around then I guess you can't say no. Can't say I'm too worried. Its when the prem teams come knocking that things will get interesting.

I can't really see that happening I'm afraid. Whilst he is a deadly finisher when given half a chance the weak parts of his game are way too weak.

At moment ignore rumours

I would try Kamy but when YOU post stuff on Twitter, this happens...

this Forest interest in Rhodes seem very much true. But will Rhodes want to go there. who.knows???

This is from Kamy twitter page. Northern rover

:rolleyes:

Well my argument all summer was that he won't go because:

1. He can't force a move, his remaining contract is too long.

2. Venkys won't sell their crown jewel who they paid a massive amount of money for at anything less than a profit, and no club rates him at £10m+.

Neither of those factors have changed in the slightest in the last 5 months and I don't expect them to change for at least another year. Said at the start of the last transfer window that Rhodes will be at Rovers until at least the summer of 2015 and stick by that.

I can't really see that happening I'm afraid. Whilst he is a deadly finisher when given half a chance the weak parts of his game are way too weak.

Has anyone mentioned that Saturdays display and result, has been seen by many of his biggest fans as the best this season? Now how much better could we have been with Saturdays team - boosted by spending another £8m wisely?

Just a thought.

I don't want to rock the boat but lets imagine Gestede continues with the form he has shown in the last 2/3 matches. Also with a fit Evans and Dunn the midfield will be chock full of quality and hopefully in form players, JR will quite rightly be dropped to the bench and once that happens his value will fall dramatically. If we have hopes of mounting a serious challenge on promotion he's good to have around but on a business basis can we therefore justify rejecting a sizeable bid out of hand?

Has anyone mentioned that Saturdays display and result, has been seen by many of his biggest fans as the best this season? Now how much better could we have been with Saturdays team - boosted by spending another £8m wisely?

Just a thought.

Dunno Den. With a fully fit squad the weakest links .... and I am being a touch picky are gk position and the two full backs. Before anybody dives in here I think should we attain promotion those positions will need to be addressed first.

• Backroom

Just a thought.

Alternatively one could say taking a single game and applying any judgement based on that is silly. Especially when it was a one-off cup game every member of the squad was bound to be up for as they were playing the biggest team in the country without any weight of expectation at all.

It's also far from guaranteed Venky's would give Bowyer any money received from Rhodes transfer fee, or indeed that it would be spent wisely.

Alternatively one could say taking a single game and applying any judgement based on that is silly. Especially when it was a one-off cup game every member of the squad was bound to be up for as they were playing the biggest team in the country without any weight of expectation at all.

It's also far from guaranteed Venky's would give Bowyer any money received from Rhodes transfer fee, or indeed that it would be spent wisely.

We've just seen that we can be a good team without Rhodes, in fact, we can be a better team without him.

Would you agree?

• Backroom

Saturday was a great decision not to play him as Gestede did stuff Rhodes just isn't built for a shown by his brief cameo (in which he still managed to get in a good position just struggled with the balls above head height)

Its heartening to have a viable alternative should we wish to mix it up but I'd personally like to see them play together more, I wouldn't advocating selling Rhodes unless it was for over his worth and the money would be used on the squad - even then it would be a big risk

As an aside I thought DJ was the more impressive of the subs setting up two chances for Rhodes and Cairney, linking defence with attack spraying a great ball to Rhodes and then getting on the end of a great return ball in from Rhodes and drawing their man into a second yellow card - also good to see

We've just seen that we can be a good team without Rhodes, in fact, we can be a better team without him.

Would you agree?

No.

As well as Gestede did (for 60 minutes) how many did he score - none.

In fact as well ad the team played we wouldn't have scored unless their keeper had spilt one at Dann's feet.

It could be argued that all the successful sides in this division have a big strong presence up front. But they're rarely the only option at the club. There is no reason why both can't work in the same side. I wouldn't want to lose Rhodes' killer instinct unless it was for big big money and only in the summer.

No.

In fact as well ad the team played we wouldn't have scored unless their keeper had spilt one at Dann's feet.

You're in denial Rev. You yourself have gone overboard about the performance and result in such a "plum tie". Now you're saying we weren't better than we have been.............?

Kamy, you're adding fuel to the fire here pal "ignore rumours" but "it's a complicated one" what does that even mean?

I joked a few days ago that mercer had only come back onto the m/b to spread rumours of Rhodes going to Forest or QPR. It seems the silly season has indeed started early. Rhodes won't be going to another Championship rival.

If a Premiership Club comes in with 15 m upwards then obviously it would be a concern.

It was there to be seen Maj.

That's why I posted it, I saw it with my own eyes! (it's a Marx Bro's quote)

Will JR running round helping in the build-up stop him scoring? 2 in one half against Brum suggests strongly no and in fact it could benefit his game. Playing City and not playing JR and getting a draw strongly suggests YET again you are right. I hope you're braced for the next retort as I suspect he'll now use the derren Brown defence and claim it all to be an illusion.

Kamy - Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

• Backroom

No.

Fact is we wouldn't have scored that goal without Gestede, nobody else in the squad has the power to win that header never mind with such force IMO

He was superb in his role I thought but did tire

I wouldn't start him before Rhodes except in isolated instances when a different approach is required but definitely looks a good option with him

Archived