BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Tom

You're in denial Rev. You yourself have gone overboard about the performance and result in such a "plum tie". Now you're saying we weren't better than we have been.............?

We were but that was down to the whole team not just Gestede den. Got a draw due to their keeper making a mistake but as jim would say no good at all playing well and losing.

Would we have converted a draw into a win if Rhodes had started? Quite possibly but we'll never know.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were but that was down to the whole team not just Gestede den. Got a draw due to their keeper making a mistake but as jim would say no good at all playing well and losing.

Would we have converted a draw into a win if Rhodes had started? Quite possibly but we'll never know.

Isn't that his point? We could be a better team without JR?

I think we have a winner!

Rhodes playing holds just as much potential to convert a draw into a loss.

Has anyone mentioned that Saturdays display and result, has been seen by many of his biggest fans as the best this season? Now how much better could we have been with Saturdays team - boosted by spending another £8m wisely?

Just a thought.

Think we still owe Huddersfield a large portion plus sell on fee so will probably get 2million to replace him if we get 12.

Dear me Simon, do you give Gestede no credit for that goal. A superb header which forced the keeper into the save from which we scored. Your intent to defend Rhodes at all times really does cloud your judgement at times.

For what it's worth, and as I've said before I wouldn't want Rhodes to leave unless at least half of the incoming money was given to Bowyer to find 2 or 3 players that would improve the side overall. He's a great weapon to have, but this belief that we would automatically crumble without him is becoming a little tiresome. He is replaceable - maybe not directly e.g. 16 goals so far etc - but by improving our side with 2 or 3 good players.

• Backroom

Alternatively and just as likely on this occasion due to the quality of the opposition:

Would we have converted a draw into a loss if Rhodes had started? Quite possibly but we'll never know.

Let's just give credit to the team that played and got a superb draw, the one goal we scored was a result of the lone striker winning a stonking header and forcing the keeper into an error (he was also unlucky not to set one up earlier after a somewhat harsh handball)

I never understand the bias towards some of our players one way or another - Some get accused of being harsh on Rhodes others overly defend him, same with Lowe its quite bizarre really like people need to pick a side

No.

As well as Gestede did (for 60 minutes) how many did he score - none.

In fact as well ad the team played we wouldn't have scored unless their keeper had spilt one at Dann's feet.

"one"! Would it have hurt to say 'a goal bound effort from Gested'

Dont want to be pedantic but in the last two games Gested and Rhodes have both scored one each whilst Gestede also has one assist. 'Assists' being a part of JR's game that is a rarity. Not only that but Gestede gave our defence a viable 'out' option and the City centre halves a right old physical and aereal tousling that JR would simply not have been able to accomplish.

Sadly, as a consequence of our financial plight, I would be amazed if Rhodes wasn't sold if an offer which gave us a profit was received.

Unfortunately our situation is exasperated by the costly, apparently immovable dross, who are sat at home playing on PS4s and the like.

He'd be a sad loss but we'd get over it, we've been here before many times in the past.

My personal opinion is that with Gestede on board we now have the opportunity to rest Rhodes, and substitute him if things aren't working out. Something we didn't have much option in doing, what with the injuries to Campbell and Best, and the controversy surrounding Campbell and Best, and the fact that neither could play the lone striker role to much effect either. I am currently enjoying seeing both Rhodes and Gestede on the pitch together (opposition permitting) but I see no need in dropping Rhodes who is still by far our greatest goal threat and whose contribution aside from putting the ball in the back of the net, whilst far from great is vastly underestimated by many of the fans.

£10-12m and he can go...I really can't see any Championship team paying that money(including Forest).

We shall see

Are Forest that hard up for forwards? Sure Rhodes will strengthen them, but they put 5 past a (sort of) premiership team yesterday, with a hat trick from a striker and Cox, Mackie and Derbyshire all on the bench. Surely they must be thinking of letting a couple go first, rich owner or not.

• Backroom

We've just seen that we can be a good team without Rhodes, in fact, we can be a better team without him.

Would you agree?

No. We need to see the team play at least 4 or 5 games in our current league (the Championship) without Jordan in the side before making any worthwhile judgement. The City game was a one-off and should be treated as such.

Gally, Paterson who scored the hat trick is a winger. That was his first goal for Forest yesterday.

They don't rate Derbyshire at all and he's supposed to be their highest earner on about £16k a week.

They definitely need a goal scorer but I just can't see them spending what it would take to land Rhodes.

Gally, Paterson who scored the hat trick is a winger. That was his first goal for Forest yesterday.

They don't rate Derbyshire at all and he's supposed to be their highest earner on about £16k a week.

They definitely need a goal scorer but I just can't see them spending what it would take to land Rhodes.

By the sounds of that it wouldn't be wise to get Rhodes, merely for the effect it would have on their wage budget, and the effect having such a high earner would have on his team mates.

If thats true then they will be taking a huge leap to sign JR who surely wont take a wage cut to join forest and its on nearer 40k here

I prefer to think we got a draw because the linesman missed an offside and the referee missed at least two handballs, and a kung foo kick from their keeper.

Thanks, I know that Cox and Mackie haven't been all that prolific either.

Even so, they must all be on reasonably high wages? Who knows how much teeth ffp is going to have, but surely everyone has to at least be seen to be paying lip service to it, rich owners or not.

No. We need to see the team play at least 4 or 5 games in our current league (the Championship) without Jordan in the side before making any worthwhile judgement. The City game was a one-off and should be treated as such.

Exactly. We raised our game for the cup tie as all smaller clubs tend to do when playing a much bigger club.

I'd wager we don't reach those levels again all season.

So you're acknowledging we have done it once, if we have done it once we can do it again.

PS they just did it against one of the 2 biggest teams in the country and now you want to trial it at a lower level? OR

Have you just added in the new criteria to change the debate as you're well aware it's 2-0 to Den?

16 million to release Rhodes? Good stuff, he won't be going anywhere soon.

IMO however a 10 mill cash deal with half paid upfront would probably get the player and those thinking that 10 to 12 million in the Championship as anything other than massive money are a bit giddy with their Rhodes love in.

Famous last words but I can't see Rhodes going anywhere in Jan. No Championship club will stump up £10m+ and match the wedge he's on here. There's an outside chance a panic-stricken PL club will pay over the odds for him but I just can't see anything happening until the summer, at least.

Archived