BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Gary Bowyer Thread

Majiball

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is Josh King suddenly apparently so good?

He wasn't a good winger, all he had was pace, a bad first touch and no creative mind.

Play him as a striker and you have to drop Gestede or Rhodes.

Bowyer was spot on with King.

He wasn't a good winger, all he had was pace, a bad first touch and no creative mind.

I think the fa cup games showed everyone what JK is capable of. It's the job of the manager to get that level out of him all the time . Too busy keeping buddies with his faves and letting the talent disappear

I'd agree, apart from he often (inexplicably) played Brown instead of both Gestede and King. Can remember Rhodes being left out a couple of times too. So he was more than happy to drop one of Rhodes/Rudy.

You need to ask Gaz that very same question.

Why does Bowyer keep referring to him now being missing then when he's bemoaning the talent we have sold ? That's the whole point with GB and why people are getting annoyed at his comments.

Today is the first time that I have sensed that Gary Bowyer is a man under pressure, normally he is very approachable and relaxed, far from that over the last 24 hours. I wonder if the crowd starting to turn on him is the reason for this, he will be aware that there will be people in and around the club/owners who will jump on any supporter unrest to try and get him sacked.

Although I would be surprised if anyone manages to convince Mrs D to pull the trigger. She likes him on a personal level and having just delivered a massive profit with the sales he will be in her good books, but this is Venky's so literally anything is possible.

If he carries on the way he's doing more of the sparce crowd will turn on him.. He needs to go asap

You need to ask Gaz that very same question.

Why does Bowyer keep referring to him now being missing then when he's bemoaning the talent we have sold ? That's the whole point with GB and why people are getting annoyed at his comments.

GB rarely played Josh King.

Josh King was devoid of talent or skill, his only asset is speed.

Now GB whines about losing King.

Beyond me.

Beyond me.

He has a fantastic hand when it comes to stuff to hide behind this season and he'll play every card. Some of it fair enough and not his fault but some of it is blatant bull. Whatever happened to the 'we won't use it as an excuse we'll just get on with it' I wonder. Half the managers in this league will still be envious of what he's got.

• Moderation Lead

We've still managed to bring in players under the embargo though, 2 loans from PL clubs as well for goodness sake! So, for me, it simply can't be an excuse.

Here's one from the annuls taken from the end of Gaz's FIRST season

http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php/topic/30230-back-or-sack/page-105#entry1510040

No, he should be sacked immediately. (57 votes [14.47%])

Yes, but replace him at the end of the season. (52 votes [13.20%])

Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position. (105 votes [26.65%])

Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season. (158 votes [40.10%])

I'm not sure. (22 votes [5.58%])

So back then after finishing just outside the playoffs there were

54.32% not happy with him

40.1% happy with him

5.58% waverers

Comment such as this were made at the time

selected "Give him until the end of the season" in the poll, and now that we're here I feel that he has to stay. We've improved all throughout the season. Mid-season signings (Conway, Gestede, Keane) have improved us a lot, a whole season with them (the first two anyway) would've had us in the playoffs.

One season later and having Conway and Gestede in the side for a full season we didn't make the play-offs nor even threaten to ever look like threatening to threaten the play-offs

So coupled with the meh start to the season I wonder what the percentages would be now?

• Backroom

Beyond me.

If only one of the esteemed journalists interviewing him would make such a pertinent observation.

I gave him the first 10 games of last season. What happened was numerous team changes every game, shifting formations and poor substitutions. I would have replaced him in Oct/Nov last year and there would've been a chance of play-offs.

If we had the right structure in place, I'd like to see Gareth Ainsworth in charge. Think he's done a decent job at Wycombe, he's a local lad, and if you squint he kind of looks like Ned Stark.

Fans will want his head on a spike if things went wrong, though.

I said we'd see nothing different this season and we never will under him, maybe not under anybody if he's just following the plan laid down. I actually think though it's the plan those at the club have sold to Venkys. It's likely the starting 11 will change again on Sat yet we've only one proper injury in JR. That could mean a different starting line up in what ? 3 or 4 of the 5 games played so far ! Absolute farce, if we win he better just leave it alone for a bit.

All this 5 games/10 games stuff is rollocks anyway because we could lose most of em then draw two and win the tenth and it's 'unbeaten in 3, start of a run' then out of jail again. Then everyone cries give him to Christmas. There needs to be a big improvement and some wins in the next 3 or it's time for action I'm afraid.

This isn't a knee jerk reaction to an indifferent start to the season but the frustration of seeing and listening to the same old stuff for the 3rd season in a row. A bit like the Lowe scenario.

Under every manager we had pre-Venkys, you can name the preferred 11 of that manager. Perhaps even season-by-season! With Bowyer I genuinely don't know.

Or he may well know but is told to rotate for players value reasons

• Moderation Lead

Or he may well know but is told to rotate for players value reasons

That wouldn't make sense though? Surely players values would increase by playing week in, week out. When they're rested nobody can see what they can offer.....

Archived