BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fantastic away support

Gav

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been to the town centre store to try and buy wigan tickets and they only have single tickets left.

They are on sale at Ewood until 1pm tomorrow then cash on the day.

Just in case anybody was wanting to purchase in advance like myself.

Anybody remember Huddersfield away the last time we got promoted? It was at a similar stage of the season. We had just started going on a good run. Anyway we sold about 1500 tickets in advance, and could pay cash on the day. It turned out to be chaos as a few thousand travelled over on the day without tickets; i remember people having to stand in the aisles.

I aint necessarily saying there will be repeat scenes, but i expect the queue at the cash turnstile to be quite long, and i think we will come very close to selling out the full allocation.

I remember that DB. I was one of those stood up. A steward came over and told me and a few lads to sit down. 'Stand up if you hate Burnley' rang out and ALL Rovers fans stood up. I just shrugged at the stewards and laughed. They left me alone from then on.

Good to see the away fans getting a positive mention, instead of chavvy kids and racist songs being the main topic of discussion regarding our away support.

I remember that DB. I was one of those stood up. A steward came over and told me and a few lads to sit down. 'Stand up if you hate Burnley' rang out and ALL Rovers fans stood up. I just shrugged at the stewards and laughed. They left me alone from then on.

Good to see the away fans getting a positive mention, instead of chavvy kids and racist songs being the main topic of discussion regarding our away support.

Hate people who stand up in the seated areas. Block the view of the ones who use the seats as they are meant to be. Thoughtless and inconsiderate.

Just been to the town centre store to try and buy wigan tickets and they only have single tickets left.

They are on sale at Ewood until 1pm tomorrow then cash on the day.

Just in case anybody was wanting to purchase in advance like myself.

Anybody remember Huddersfield away the last time we got promoted? It was at a similar stage of the season. We had just started going on a good run. Anyway we sold about 1500 tickets in advance, and could pay cash on the day. It turned out to be chaos as a few thousand travelled over on the day without tickets; i remember people having to stand in the aisles.

I aint necessarily saying there will be repeat scenes, but i expect the queue at the cash turnstile to be quite long, and i think we will come very close to selling out the full allocation.

Cracking atmosphere in Huddersfield's ground that day. Rovers fans were in great voice. Ostenstad scored the winner if remember correctly. Walked away from the ground with a smile on my face knowing we were going back up - the team had that look about it.

Hate people who stand up in the seated areas. Block the view of the ones who use the seats as they are meant to be. Thoughtless and inconsiderate.

Well all I can say is there's never been a good atmosphere in the history of football when everyone's been sat down. No atmosphere = no passion = no addiction = no big crowds = football as a minor sport.

This board wouldn't even be here without thoughtless and inconsiderate fans in every decade since the founding of the club getting off their backsides, showing some enthusiasm and having some fun. I only feel bad for people too infirm to stand up for 45 minutes, and that must represent a vanishingly small percentage of our support. The rest should just give over being miserable gits or stop going to away games.

Tin hat time no doubt but feel like the opposing side of the argument needs to be put forward now and again. Give me one Huddersfield away in 2000 over a hundred lovely views amongst civilised fans in the Jack Walker Upper Tier. I bloody hate it when you travel 50 miles on a big day out and when you get there most fans in the away end are sitting there like statues and doing the same old cantankerous whinging that they do at Ewood every other week.

Well all I can say is there's never been a good atmosphere in the history of football when everyone's been sat down. No atmosphere = no passion = no addiction = no big crowds = football as a minor sport.

This board wouldn't even be here without thoughtless and inconsiderate fans in every decade since the founding of the club getting off their backsides, showing some enthusiasm and having some fun. I only feel bad for people too infirm to stand up for 45 minutes, and that must represent a vanishingly small percentage of our support. The rest should just give over being miserable gits or stop going to away games.

Tin hat time no doubt but feel like the opposing side of the argument needs to be put forward now and again. Give me one Huddersfield away in 2000 over a hundred lovely views amongst civilised fans in the Jack Walker Upper Tier. I bloody hate it when you travel 50 miles on a big day out and when you get there most fans in the away end are sitting there like statues and doing the same old cantankerous whinging that they do at Ewood every other week.

You don't sing and shout through your arse. You can make all the noise you want seated. Your selfishness forces everybody to stand in order to be able to see just because you personally prefer to stand. It's selfish, inconsiderate and illegal. I would encourage stewards and police to throw you out. Thugs.

You don't sing and shout through your arse. You can make all the noise you want seated. Your selfishness forces everybody to stand in order to be able to see just because you personally prefer to stand. It's selfish, inconsiderate and illegal. I would encourage stewards and police to throw you out. Thugs.

Do you stand up when the team scores? surely that would be considered "illegal" too. Regardless of whether everyone else stands up or not, the fact remains that you will be on your feet, and therefore going by your logic, that would be considered "illegal"

Do you stand up when the team scores? surely that would be considered "illegal" too. Regardless of whether everyone else stands up or not, the fact remains that you will be on your feet, and therefore going by your logic, that would be considered "illegal"

You are being deliberately obtuse. Of course people jump to their feet when your team scores but that is not persistent standing and you well know the difference without me needing to point it out.

You don't sing and shout through your arse.

It would seem that you talk through it.

I seriously doubt you can make as much noise seated as standing, or at the very least it takes a lot more effort. For any tallish/fairly well built male, sitting down at a football match involves squashing your frame into a narrow space with meagre leg room. Its an uncomfortable position for your chest, stomach and back, and I think all need to contribute to really belting songs out properly. I'm sure some people would claim that's garbage but surely the evidence is there for all to see at every game, as I said in my last post name me a time in any football game ever wear a fully seated end produced a wall of noise? Even the louder cricket atmospheres involve some people standing up.

Oh dear, I'm forcing you to stand up for three quarters of an hour, after which you can sit down for 15 minutes, and before and after which you can sit on your arse for the rest of the day. Whats happened to people these days that asking them to stand up for a bit causes such a horrified and angry reaction? We're a bipedal hunter-gatherer species who's natural day once consisted of travelling tens of miles erect. Why don't they just plug us all into some water-filled bubble and we can spend our future floating in suspended animation with a tube up our backside to feed us so we never have to make any effort to use our muscles at all.

Agree with this. The problem is stewards just stand by and let the inconsiderate and selfish morons who refuse to sit down get away with it. We either have laws or we don't, and they should be strictly enforced.

The solution is very simple. Sit down? Sit at the front. Stand up? Stand at the back.

I'd wager the vast majority of people that complain about people standing are 35+. Therefore, when they started going to football it was accepted behaviour to stand up throughout, regardless of who was sat behind you, a child that can't see or an frail man that can't stand throughout.

Whilst I can understand why supporters get frustrating about people standing. But realistically there's always plenty of seats, you can tell who intends on standing and who intends on sitting almost straight away. It's ridiculous to sit behind a group of 20 year old lads and complain that you can't see when there are free empty seats

There is no choice to be made; you cannot stand up at games in the modern day.

You are required to be seated, simple as that.

Keeping people safe is more important than how loud a fat lad can shout stood up, rather than being sat down.

I'd wager the vast majority of people that complain about people standing are 35+. Therefore, when they started going to football it was accepted behaviour to stand up throughout, regardless of who was sat behind you, a child that can't see or an frail man that can't stand throughout.

Have you not contradicted yourself here...doesn't make sense.

Keeping people safe is more important than how loud a fat lad can shout stood up, rather than being sat down.

Back over here in the real world, when the majority do stand, and there's nothing that can be done about it, you have to adapt to the situation. I sat next to a 70+ year old gentleman at Burnley away. No problems, he sat at the front so that nobody could obscure his vision and stand in front of him.

Have you not contradicted yourself here...doesn't make sense.

Rubbish at typing decent size texts on iPhones. What I'm trying to say is people can't have it all their own way. You can't spend ages 16-35 stood up for games, then suddenly expect people to sit down as you grow older. It doesn't work like that.

A bit like you can't swear, can't say anything that anyone could remotely interpret as being sexist/homophobic/racist/ageist, a bit like you can't do over 70mph on the motorway? Its not the end of story just reciting a daft, impractical rule like its an unshakeable covenant decided at the dawn of time. Its a blindingly obvious fact that the jumping around fans do immediately after a goal is far more of a safety hazard than persistent standing. Either there's a valid safety reason that makes standing illegal and the practice should be banned in every form (including at any time in all sporting events, at music gigs, political rallies/marches etc etc), or there's no logic at all to making standing illegal in the modern day. Above what the previous poster said, old people complaining about rowdy youngsters.

Fans on this board have recently commented on why today's supporters have no backbone to stand up to Venkys and really kick off like they would have done in the 70s/80s. Well back then the exuberance of youth dominated football, unlike today.

Quite right. Fans exercising their "right" to stand knowing full well they are obscuring the view of those behind are ignorant, rude and should be told to sit down by the stewards or risk being ejecting from the ground. Most of them are being defiant for the sake of it and are no different from the "weirdy beardys" challenging authorities in schools.

The solution is very simple. Sit down? Sit at the front. Stand up? Stand at the back.

Can't see a problem with that.

Safety issues are caused by overcrowding, not standing. One person, one seat area with the seats secured in an upright position - no issue. Providing those who want to sit down are able to see.

The last away match I attended there were 2 families each with children aged 6 - 10 who were unable to see the match because the morons in front of them felt it was their "right" to stand. Requests for these morons to sit down were treated with abuse. I felt very sorry for the families. I doubt they will attend a football match again.

You don't sing and shout through your arse.

It would seem that you talk through it.

When arguments fail resort to abuse.

I seriously doubt you can make as much noise seated as standing, or at the very least it takes a lot more effort. For any tallish/fairly well built male, sitting down at a football match involves squashing your frame into a narrow space with meagre leg room. Its an uncomfortable position for your chest, stomach and back, and I think all need to contribute to really belting songs out properly. I'm sure some people would claim that's garbage but surely the evidence is there for all to see at every game, as I said in my last post name me a time in any football game ever wear a fully seated end produced a wall of noise? Even the louder cricket atmospheres involve some people standing up.

Oh dear, I'm forcing you to stand up for three quarters of an hour, after which you can sit down for 15 minutes, and before and after which you can sit on your arse for the rest of the day. Whats happened to people these days that asking them to stand up for a bit causes such a horrified and angry reaction? We're a bipedal hunter-gatherer species who's natural day once consisted of travelling tens of miles erect. Why don't they just plug us all into some water-filled bubble and we can spend our future floating in suspended animation with a tube up our backside to feed us so we never have to make any effort to use our muscles at all.

You have no right to force anybody to stand in a seated area. When you buy your ticket it is on the terms that you sit down. When you buy a seat at a football ground you have a right to sit and watch the game in relative comfort and not have some selfish thug stand in front of you. What a load of BS you have typed. What has bipedal hunter gathering got to do with it. When was the last time you hunted to put food on the family table. You are just a self centred thug who cares nothing for anybody else.

Whilst I can understand why supporters get frustrating about people standing. But realistically there's always plenty of seats, you can tell who intends on standing and who intends on sitting almost straight away. It's ridiculous to sit behind a group of 20 year old lads and complain that you can't see when there are free empty seats

In the days of terraces you always had the alternative to pay a bit extra and sit in the stands.

You have no right to force anybody to stand in a seated area. When you buy your ticket it is on the terms that you sit down. When you buy a seat at a football ground you have a right to sit and watch the game in relative comfort and not have some selfish thug stand in front of you. What a load of BS you have typed. What has bipedal hunter gathering got to do with it. When was the last time you hunted to put food on the family table. You are just a self centred thug who cares nothing for anybody else.

Or humour

Or humour

I think the arguments were quite reasonable, the abuse well deserved and the earlier smart arse remark uncalled for.

Archived