BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fantastic away support

Gav

I think the away support deserves a thread of its own, the numbers following the team away have been tremendous in the circumstances, and all credit to you all that make the effort.

1000 to Bournemouth on Saturday, 1500 to Doncaster on a Friday night after work. We struggled to fill our allocation at Anfield, Old Trafford etc but fans want to travel now we’re in the Championship and long may it continue in terms of numbers going away.

Got to say its certainly given us food for thought, maybe we should also be making the effort to travel away, I can see Gav tours coming back, watch this space :tu:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we can take 2k plus to Wigan even though it's on a Sunday as it's only £20! Doncaster a new ground and Bournemouth would be a new one for younger fans so that always boosts the following as does sensible prices. Only 322 made the midweek trek to Leicester but i suppose it was down to price at £30, way too much for Championship football especially a couple of days after shelling out £38.50 for the marshall law day out to Bumley!!!

2k to Wigan? Its a rare event when we don't sell out their 5k end. I can see us taking 3.5-4k minimum.

Totally agree with GAV on the general point. Our average away following last season was 1,200. Which in my opinion is very impressive, I seriously doubt it was that in the Premiership. Obviously there's varying factors that have contributed to the improvement but whatever the reasons, the end result is something to be proud of and a real incentive to follow Rovers away.

2k to Wigan? Its a rare event when we don't sell out their 5k end. I can see us taking 3.5-4k minimum.

Totally agree with GAV on the general point. Our average away following last season was 1,200. Which in my opinion is very impressive, I seriously doubt it was that in the Premiership. Obviously there's varying factors that have contributed to the improvement but whatever the reasons, the end result is something to be proud of and a real incentive to follow Rovers away.

Hope your right on the Wigan thing but can't see it being the usual huge following but 3k would be cracking. Blackpool in a few weeks as well so that should sell out.

Hope your right on the Wigan thing but can't see it being the usual huge following but 3k would be cracking. Blackpool in a few weeks as well so that should sell out.

Initial allocation of around 3100, of which hasn't sold out (2500 mark as of today), therefore i'd say we will just about get 3000. Which is still a good effort.

Initial allocation of around 3100, of which hasn't sold out (2500 mark as of today), therefore i'd say we will just about get 3000. Which is still a good effort.

Nice one, good to hear over 2k gone already and plenty (including me) pay on the day at Wigan. A good result tonight and it could be a bumper following and we are also due a damn good result at Wigin !

Nice one, good to hear over 2k gone already and plenty (including me) pay on the day at Wigan. A good result tonight and it could be a bumper following and we are also due a damn good result at Wigin !

I'm hoping it'll sneak up to 3.5k if its 2.5k so far. I know lots of people who are going but haven't got a ticket yet. People tend to be very last minute these days if there's no chance of selling out.

Is it pay on day definitely ? Working Sunday but not sure what time we will finish .

Yes defo pay on the day (CASH ONLY) mate.

Like Steve Kean's Hypnotoad said, I reckon there will be a lot getting tickets on the day, I know plenty who are also doing this. Get their earlier than you usually would, would be my suggestion.

Just purchased Wigan tickets in town centre. Guy behind the counter stated just over 2000 sold as of yesterday!

Doubts at this stage whether the club will request the extra, although there could be a few hundred walk-ons I suppose.

I would say more walk-ons than that. pay on the gate appeals in a major way to chaps like myself who graft all week and can't be bothered going to fetch tickets from the TO. Tuesdays result will add to the enthusiasm too.....

I suppose the point is earlier in the thread we had sold 2,500, but not according to the Rovers Store guy - won't sell out, but the attendance is bound to dip from PL days. Haven't looked at Wigans current home average, but if we make some noise, should be a good game. (Remembering Ince's last game, when walked off after third Wigan goal, that was as abject as the one who cannot be named as manager!)

It's hard to call with it being on a Sunday as a few i go with are all paying on the day., Could be anywhere between 2 and 6 of us but a couple are saying they might sack it to do usual family stuff and saving their cash and brownie points for an all dayer at the Blackpool game. As i said earlier anything around or above 2.5k is decent considering it is by Sunday likely to be a mid table Championship game. If it was Saturday you could more or less guarantee 3.5k plus.

The Sunday KO is the main reason we haven't got tickets yet. I think this is the first Wigan away we may miss for a while. For me it's an indicator of the damage Venkys have done, once the game would have been a priority now it's something we might do if it fits with whatever else is happening.

If the weather is good I will be cycling, if it's wet I might go to Wigan but then perhaps not. Strange feeling. We will probably decide lunchtime Sunday.

Since we dropped to the championship started to go again to a few away games...

(prob down to the fact prices are normal and not the stupid pop star entry fees required in the prem league!!!)

This season only missed the Bournemouth and Leicester games...

Love the atmosphere we are now generating away from home

How about coming up with a 'theme' for the Blackpool game - which I guess we'll sell out - to give a bit more atmosphere.

Spread the word for people to bring inflatibles? Flags? Balloons? Maybe GB flags (in tribute to Bowyer?)

I'm sure someone can come up with better ideas!

Just been to the town centre store to try and buy wigan tickets and they only have single tickets left.

They are on sale at Ewood until 1pm tomorrow then cash on the day.

Just in case anybody was wanting to purchase in advance like myself.

Anybody remember Huddersfield away the last time we got promoted? It was at a similar stage of the season. We had just started going on a good run. Anyway we sold about 1500 tickets in advance, and could pay cash on the day. It turned out to be chaos as a few thousand travelled over on the day without tickets; i remember people having to stand in the aisles.

I aint necessarily saying there will be repeat scenes, but i expect the queue at the cash turnstile to be quite long, and i think we will come very close to selling out the full allocation.

How about coming up with a 'theme' for the Blackpool game - which I guess we'll sell out - to give a bit more atmosphere.

Spread the word for people to bring inflatibles? Flags? Balloons? Maybe GB flags (in tribute to Bowyer?)

I'm sure someone can come up with better ideas!

I think that this is a good idea. Would prompt a good atmosphere and as long as it's not a ridiculous theme all supporters might well enjoy it. How about a Beach theme? Beach balls, inflatables, someone ride in on a donkey from the beach! I'm going in a big group and I'm sure I could prompt a few to do that.

Problem is it might need organising properly e.g. Telegraph promotion if anyone knows the new journo there (name escapes me). Remember West Brom at ewood a few years ago, all went as referees and it looked great.

• Backroom

I have a great theme for Blackpool.

Everyone can come dressed as Coaches with a notepad saying 'shoot' and we can chant it every so often.

Tin hat: we don't have to 'black up', do we? :$

Archived