BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fantastic away support

Gav

Jesus, stand up, sit down........

To quote the OP, our away support this season has been fantastic, long may it continue.

In my experience, it's almost always a great day out, irrespective of the result. If we win that's the cherry.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the arguments were quite reasonable, the abuse well deserved and the earlier smart arse remark uncalled for.

This is the first post in this topic, that you haven't called anyone who doesn't do as you want, a Thug. I may be selfish, if I get carried away and stand and sing, but I have never been a Thug.

When arguments fail resort to abuse.

You have no right to force anybody to stand in a seated area. When you buy your ticket it is on the terms that you sit down. When you buy a seat at a football ground you have a right to sit and watch the game in relative comfort and not have some selfish thug stand in front of you. What a load of BS you have typed. What has bipedal hunter gathering got to do with it. When was the last time you hunted to put food on the family table. You are just a self centred thug who cares nothing for anybody else.

When was the last time you hunted to put food on the family table

The last time I went fishing

Lets not get too carried away with the 'sit/stand debate'. I think most people are prepared to compromise. I prefer to stand at away games, but would never do so if blocking somebodies way, or I would just relocate to the back. There is always plenty of room in 95% of matches.

With regards to our away support this season, I think another important factor that needs to be mentioned is that come mid October, we have had just the one sat 3pm away day, not on tv. Despite this, we have maintained healthy numbers especially when we have 2 local away days to come :) COYB

I think the arguments were quite reasonable, the abuse well deserved and the earlier smart arse remark uncalled for.

The argument started when DavidBrent referenced the Huddersfield game and nowhere to sit for pay on the day fans. I then stated I was one of those fans stood in the aisles at that game. As I had NOWHERE to sit.

Al then decided to describe those standing at matches as thoughtless and inconsiderate as he was unable to read my post in any sort of context with the comment from DB.

It made me smile, but I be couldnt be bothered explaining it to him.He has then gone on to call anyone standing at matches a thug. Even when they've no seat presumably. Leave him to it, seems like he's passionate about this topic, to the extent he cannot read.

The only time i can remember all the seats being full and people standing in the ailes at the back was Boro away on that Boxing day late 80's. Must have been well over capacity that stand lol but nobody batted an eyelid. Just shows how times have changed when in those days you were often herded like cattle, rammed in dangerously like sardines in metal cages, often corralled by baton drawn officers and snarling police dogs (an officers) and often attacked by oppo fans (and police), the facilities/grounds were often decrepit yet people still went in their hordes when the team was doing well and nobody seemed to complain. Damn the internet :) :)

The only time i can remember all the seats being full and people standing in the ailes at the back was Boro away on that Boxing day late 80's. Must have been well over capacity that stand lol but nobody batted an eyelid. Just shows how times have changed when in those days you were often herded like cattle, rammed in dangerously like sardines in metal cages, often corralled by baton drawn officers and snarling police dogs (an officers) and often attacked by oppo fans (and police), the facilities/grounds were often decrepit yet people still went in their hordes when the team was doing well and nobody seemed to complain. Damn the internet :) :)

Both clubs riding high at the top of the second division, police warning in the telegraph not to wear colours, battling before during and after the match :D

Now we have people being called thugs for not sitting down at games :lol:

Both clubs riding high at the top of the second division, police warning in the telegraph not to wear colours, battling before during and after the match :D

True that .. Boro game was like a battlefield . They even shut ripon off and skipton afterwards .

Whether people like it or not, standing is becoming the norm particularly amongst away followings. The amount of people standing up now is uncontrollable in reality, so until the proposed safe-standing area's are introduced people are not going to be given the choice.

Until fairly recently standee's could be dealt with as it would only be the odd person/small group but when you have hundreds/thousands doing it there's no way it can be policed.

I prefer to stand and it's very rare that I end up amongst people sitting down. But if I am then I move.

Rovers have the right idea with the Unreserved Darwen End - it allows all those who want to stand to go to one place.

Didn't go today but the away support sounded fantastic today on the radio, very loud and constant throughout the match.

The commentators on Manchester local radio couldn't praise the support enough.

Didn't go today but the away support sounded fantastic today on the radio, very loud and constant throughout the match.

Funny you should say that. When the cheer went up for the red card, it sounded so muted that I thought it was a typical away crowd reaction.

I was shocked when they then said "Hanley".

My eldest was playing football at Lower Darwen until 2:20 so we didn't arrive at the DW until after kick-off. We were approaching the ground when a roar went up ... it sounded like the home team had scored. Gutted at the end, but good to see such a large following.

Frontline were about as tough as it got.

Fantastic! Esp when you consider that 2,300 had been sold before the game-thats almost 1,400 walk ons. Down the road, good price and not on tv makes a difference. Heart breaking that we didnt hold on to that point!

This is the first post in this topic, that you haven't called anyone who doesn't do as you want, a Thug. I may be selfish, if I get carried away and stand and sing, but I have never been a Thug.

When was the last time you hunted to put food on the family table

The last time I went fishing

Standing in front of someone seated is selfish, thuggish behaviour in my book. How many other laws do you ignore?

Archived