BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fantastic away support

Gav

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who mentioned forcing anybody ? Im on about a section for those who want to group together and sing like they normally do. It's only fair after being turfed out of your seats anyway. Scattering around the BB end amongst regulars there causes problems if they don't want to sing some of the songs.

Because some of the ones who moved across to the rear of N05 spent the entire game berating the ones around them to sing. When it was pointed out that they should start some proper songs instead of the crap they were coming out with it nearly turned nasy. It doesn't bother me but some people took offence to the superfan attitude and some of these geezers acted like they were in enemy territory. Quite pathetic really when amongst your own. Like i said it doesn't bother me as i prefer to stand and sing but i can see it from others point of view. i suppose a lot of it was just down the general anger around the club last season.

No, I think we should be able to sit wherever is available. I sit in the Darwen End but don't do the things mentioned here, why should I be forced to sit in a certain place?

Force is a strange word. Football fans have had their "own" seat for years and years, since terraces were replaced. I'm not sure why this would be a problem.

On a side note, I am all in favour of safe standing, in the way it is done in Germany, one person, one position (it's virtually already happening for away games anyway) but I was in the Legends Lounge for the Boro game and spotted a group of lads who though it would be clever for 5 of them to stand in the area designated for 4 seats, causing a nuisance to those around them.

If anything will stop it from happening it's stuff like that.

• Backroom

Had to have a go at some Bburn kids on Sat. I was wandering up branch road chatting to some Boro fans and about 6 10/11yo kids started coming at us and 'actin ard innit lulz'. Calling us pakis (we were all white) etc. When I undid my coat to reveal a rovers top, they soon shrivelled away like burned cocks.

The future of our club's support unfortunately. Morons.

The future of our club's support unfortunately.

Hardly. The mentality of our support is just as varied as the mentality of society in general. There'll always be morons, always be sound fans, intelligent fans, quiet fans, loud fans etc. Its easy for posters on here to pour scorn on the make-up of our support in general because your average brfcs poster is clearly more intelligent than your average footy fan.

As for the Darwen Enders for the Leeds game, wouldn't worry, hear the plan is to go in the darwen end side of the riverside like against Burnley last season. Although as a Darwen Ender I can't help but agree the type of fan you get in there has plummeted since the Big Sam days when it was all about getting behind the team and the manager, something the Blackburn End weren't very good at at the time. Nowadays there's too many moron kids speeding up the songs and drunk idiots abusing the stewards for my liking.

At least there is some vocal support from the Darwen End, sadly lacking from the Blackburn End nowadays

I call it as I see it

You're trying to bring Abbey out of his self imposed ban 'just one last time' aren't you :lol:

Just seen that well over half of our allocation for Brigton has already been sold, looks like another sellout away from home again.

I've nothing but admiration for the fans travelling away week in week out, good effort lads and lasses :tu:

Had to have a go at some Bburn kids on Sat. I was wandering up branch road chatting to some Boro fans and about 6 10/11yo kids started coming at us and 'actin ard innit lulz'. Calling us pakis (we were all white) etc. When I undid my coat to reveal a rovers top, they soon shrivelled away like burned cocks.

The future of our club's support unfortunately. Morons.

On the flipside, I sat in the Riverside on Saturday which I rarely ever do.

Countless times I heard the words 'jungle bunny'. 'coon' and 'darkie' by people who were clearly old enough to know better.

People are quick enough to have a go at the younger generation.......

Countless times I heard the words 'jungle bunny'. 'coon' and 'darkie' by people who were clearly old enough to know better.

Bloody hell is that right Ossy? I'm actually stunned by that statement I really am.....

I'm no angle myself but can't stand racism, no place for idiots who spout such cr@p in today's society, and I thought it had mostly been eradicated at Ewood these days, clearly not!

Never ever heard that. Certainly not in the Riverside either. Where abouts where you sat?

It was kids for a quid, wasn't it, so it may have brought out some Neanderthals and their offspring...

Disgusting. Gives Rovers fans a bad name.

Never ever heard that. Certainly not in the Riverside either. Where abouts where you sat?

It was kids for a quid, wasn't it, so it may have brought out some Neanderthals and their offspring...

Spoke to a mate of mine today , season ticket holder in Riverside for years and never heard such remarks, intersted to know where abouts you sat Dave?

Bloody hell is that right Ossy? I'm actually stunned by that statement I really am.....

I'm no angle myself but can't stand racism, no place for idiots who spout such cr@p in today's society, and I thought it had mostly been eradicated at Ewood these days, clearly not!

I've been a season ticket holder in the Riverside for over 20years and haven't heard any racist remarks.

I can only hope this person is a one off. I thought the dinosaurs died off years ago.

I've been a season ticket holder in the Riverside for over 20years and haven't heard any racist remarks.

I can only hope this person is a one off. I thought the dinosaurs died off years ago.

I hope they are a total one off as well. Gone are the days some fans threw bananas at opposition players that had black skin. How embarrasing in hindsight and thankfully society as a whole has moved on, at least to a certain degree.

Spoke to a mate of mine today , season ticket holder in Riverside for years and never heard such remarks, intersted to know where abouts you sat Dave?

Couldn't tell you the exact seat without checking the ticket at home, I was basically level with the halfway line about 20 or so rows back. It was embarassing more than anything to be honest.

Unfortunately stupidity isn't restricted to age brackets.

Stupid is stupid, whether they were dropped on their heads as children, poorly educated or just...well, just a bit retarded.

And to come out with comments like what you heard, 'stupid' is the most polite term I could use for them.

I don't normally condone violence in the slightest, but if somebody could do us all a favour and put their fist through the head of the idiot who makes these comments in future, that'd be grand.

These things do give Rovers fans a bad name. The first away game I took my wee girl to was at Wigan a few years ago (Paul Ince's game) when on the way back to Preston after the game half the carriage was rocking to songs about blacks, p***s and the EDL/BNP. Considering the rrest of the carriage were people coming home from shopping trips etc, deeply shamefull. Unfortunately football attracts more than its fair share of racists and morons who think that in a crowd they can shout anything they like and get away with it. Again, unfortaunately, in 99.9999% of cases they can.

Bit obtuse that Gav.

Very good Ozz :D :D

Couldn't tell you the exact seat without checking the ticket at home, I was basically level with the halfway line about 20 or so rows back. It was embarassing more than anything to be honest.

Interesting as my mate is front row right on halfway, so hopefully its an isolated incident as he can’t recall ever hearing such cr@p being spouted.

I don't doubt what your saying by the way :tu:

Archived