BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fantastic away support

Gav

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just under 800 tickets sold for the Blackpool game. Currently on sale to STH. Cracking effort.

Expecting another huge following.

It's not going to be a huge following, think we've been allocated just over 2000 tickets, but we should sell out without any problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'd imagine that's pretty heavily slanted at the moment considering we've already been to Burnley, Wigan and Blackpool. Still, 1k to Bournemouth, 1.5k to Doncaster and 3.6k to Wigan are all pretty impressive.

We don't need league tables to tell us the away support is fantastic, it's not a competition it's a fact.

All credit to the fans that travel away, I don't go as much as I should, but good effort lads and lasses.

Yeah, I'd imagine that's pretty heavily slanted at the moment considering we've already been to Burnley, Wigan and Blackpool. Still, 1k to Bournemouth, 1.5k to Doncaster and 3.6k to Wigan are all pretty impressive.

If Burnley wasn't on tv and Donny, Wigan games were Sat afternoon it may have been even more impressive. Hopefully we take a few to Yeovil with it being a new ground for most.

What a difference it made today having a decent amount of away fans in, something close to a proper atmosphere

Leeds have been given the full Darwen end this season so that game should be a great atmosphere at the end of this month.

• Backroom

With the darwen singing section coming into the rest of the ground it should be fun. Looking forward to it

I'm not, just ask Abbey about the last time some of them moved near him in the blackburn end, Pedo chants and homophobic abuse of our own players along with trying to antagonise the fans around them

With the darwen singing section coming into the rest of the ground it should be fun. Looking forward to it

If it was like last season then some of them behaved like right planks and im talkin about 40 odd year old blokes not the youths. People rowing with each other made it an awkward afternoon in our area. They should let them have cheap tickets in the outer JW lower near the Darwen end so they can group together as usual and try to make some atmosphere, banter with away fans. 3k Leeds fans pouring scorn on our non vocal support last year, not good but hopefully it'll be better this season as the teams better.

Archived