BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers £54.5m in debt.

den

Was thinking of the players we have shifted who would have been on big money - Givet, Pederson, Murphy, Nuno Gomes. If they were on 30k a week each then that's 6.24 million a year that won't be going out.

I know someone has put when players contracts are up, but does anyone know what wages players like Robinson are on?

By the way -nobody needs to put up the 'always look on the bright side of life' video again - I am aware that realistically we are financially screwed and pub-football beckons.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was thinking of the players we have shifted who would have been on big money - Givet, Pederson, Murphy, Nuno Gomes. If they were on 30k a week each then that's 6.24 million a year that won't be going out.

I know someone has put when players contracts are up, but does anyone know what wages players like Robinson are on?

By the way -nobody needs to put up the 'always look on the bright side of life' video again - I am aware that realistically we are financially screwed and pub-football beckons.

Hard to know really, but he was a top keeper really when he penned his deal, so I'd imagine he's our highest earner

No one's suggesting they break the bank (it's a little too late for that), but Bowyer needs more than he's had to spend this summer if the owners have any aspirations of promotion. What's another £5m when you're already £50m odd in the red?

13 players not enough?

Hard to know really, but he was a top keeper really when he penned his deal, so I'd imagine he's our highest earner

Someone, who should know, told me he had earned over £1million since he has been out of the side.

If this is true,a) it is not his fault he has had serious health issues and b)won't much of it be covered by insurance?

13 players not enough?

How many of those players are freebies, Den? I think we've only paid fees for two players this summer.

Bowyer has had little financial backing from the owners and has been forced to rebuild the squad on a pittance. The club stands at a critical cross-roads, and If the owners have any desire to salvage anything from this mess, they need to back their man in the transfer market so he can bring in players who can hit the ground running. It's difficult to do that when the chequebook's closed shut.

How many of those players are freebies, Den? I think we've only paid fees for two players this summer.

It's difficult to do that when the chequebook's closed shut.

Tough. Bowyer knew the financial restrictions when he took the job - unfortunately he will have to live with them.

If he told the owners that he could get the club promoted on a shoestring then that's his prerogative and I hope he succeeds. I very much doubt you will see him complaining as this will all have been discussed when he took the job.

Yeah, but at least we won't have the Samba's, Nzonzi's, EHD's, Emerton's, RSC's ,Coles's or any other whinging, overpaid PL player, alongside a boring, long ball manager to put up with. We'll be able to shop in the lower/non-leagues for young and hungry players - selling them on for a huge profit, while at the same time playing attractive passing football, which is the right way for a club like rovers. Just as it used to be in the good old days.

Emerton, EHD or cole.. wth you on? Even Nzonzi and Samba did not really kick up a fuss until the Venky days.. Bentley, Neil, warnock.. now those lot..

The average salary in our league is about 4-5K a week or just about 200K a year.

Maj, the poor lads. How could they ever be expected to cope on just £4,000 per week?

As we all know the football world's gone mad and is totally detached from reality. That's why so many think the world owes them a living.

Unless there were kick backs elsewhere, who in their right mind would have endorsed contracts to Etuhu, Murphy, Orr etc? It has to end surely!

The average salary in our league is about 4-5K a week or just about 200K a year.

Multiply that by 13, then times it by the length of contracts. Then add any transfer fees and signing on fees.

He could have spent that money on fewer players, with higher transfer fees, to use it on the players he has, was his choice alone.

None of them.

In terms of transfer fees, we've paid for two players.

For a club in our financial position he's had great backing. How many other managers in our position would have been allowed that?

I don't think you understand our position at all.

Tough. Bowyer knew the financial restrictions when he took the job - unfortunately he will have to live with them.

If he told the owners that he could get the club promoted on a shoestring then that's his prerogative and I hope he succeeds. I very much doubt you will see him complaining as this will all have been discussed when he took the job.

This isn't about Bowyer, it's about the future of Rovers. The financial backing for the manager, whether it was Bowyer or someone else, does not reflect the promotion or bust scenario the club finds itself in. We literally can't afford a season of cutbacks and consolidation when the club's survival hinges on the PL gravy train.

In terms of transfer fees, we've paid for two players. I don't think you understand our position at all.

He's had money to spend Amo. 13 players don't come free. That's undeniable.

Which part of our predicament don't I understand?

Do you not get fed up arguing with me Amo?

Derek Shaw mentioned in the q&a that there would be a lot of other clubs that will struggle with FFP rules.

It would be interesting to compare the accounts of one of these clubs (I think he mentioned Leicester and Bolton) to Rovers accounts just to see how they compare.

On the face of it our accounts are shocking but how do they compare to other clubs that will also struggle with FFP ?

Is it possible to get a copy of another clubs accounts so we can compare the 2 ?

An article on Leicester from March 2013

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/pound-14-6m-pumped-Leicester-City-far-season-King/story-18314005-detail/story.html

Derek Shaw mentioned in the q&a that there would be a lot of other clubs that will struggle with FFP rules.

It would be interesting to compare the accounts of one of these clubs (I think he mentioned Leicester and Bolton) to Rovers accounts just to see how they compare.

On the face of it our accounts are shocking but how do they compare to other clubs that will also struggle with FFP ?

Is it possible to get a copy of another clubs accounts so we can compare the 2 ?

Think Bolton and Leicester are 100 % owned by the current owners and wont need to publish their account public.

Think Forest and Leeds accounts wont be that good either

Robinson and Orr still have 2 more years left on their contracts after this season I believe

Bowyer has had little financial backing from the owners and has been forced to rebuild the squad on a pittance. The club stands at a critical cross-roads, and If the owners have any desire to salvage anything from this mess, they need to back their man in the transfer market so he can bring in players who can hit the ground running. It's difficult to do that when the chequebook's closed shut.

we signed 9 players on free contracts, 2 loans and 2 cash permanent signings in Evans and Marshall.

He's had money to spend Amo. 13 players don't come free. That's undeniable.

Which part of our predicament don't I understand?

He's had peanuts to spend, Den, when the club should be mounting a serious promotion campaign.

Don't forget it would be a leap in the dark to give lots of wonga to a wet behind the ears rookie

He's the one they appointed. It's their duty to back him if they want to save their 'investment'.

Just added another line to my last post, then read your reply here!

Think Bolton and Leicester are 100 % owned by the current owners and wont need to publish their account public. Think Forest and Leeds accounts wont be that good either Robinson and Orr still have 2 more years left on their contracts after this season I believe we signed 9 players on free contracts, 2 loans and 2 cash permanent signings in Evans and Marshall.

Orr signed in january 2012 on a 2 and a half year deal so goes in june

Archived