BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers £54.5m in debt.

den

Hmm.. glen not sure on you being right in saying a vast amount of clubs are in a similar position.. relegated clubs escape for the first season so they can make a loss of over 8m.. a recent survey http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23669759 shows 85% of league clubs expect to comply with the regulations for the 2013-14 season.

Clubs are still seeking advice on the legality of these new rules and a vast amount clubs are in a similar position regarding the threat of embargo. Although clubs are trying to get their house in order it's expected that clubs will mount a challenge against the new rules.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a solution to FFP if clubs co-operate with each other:

Say Rovers and Leiceser (as an example) are going to record losses £20m above what is allowed.

On the last day of the accounts each club takes a reserve player with only a few days left on their contract - for example Markus Ollson, with nil book value - and sells them to the other club for £20m on a 5 year contract.

Both clubs would record a PROFIT on disposal of their player of £20m, but only record a COST equal to 1 day of the £20m spread over 5 years i.e not much (this method is compulsory under FFP).

The clubs would agree to cancel their debts to each other so there would be no balance sheet impact.

You would have £4m COST a season going through in further years, but then you could just repeat the trick with other players.

Is anyone forgetting that parachute payments are given to help clubs manage the transition when relegated.We make it sound like we have been dealt a total surprise that we have somehow lost a shed load of money.

Calamitous mismanagement of the highest order.We still put players on massive money even AFTER we had been relegated FFS !!!

Is anyone forgetting that parachute payments are given to help clubs manage the transition when relegated.We make it sound like we have been dealt a total surprise that we have somehow lost a shed load of money.

Calamitous mismanagement of the highest order.We still put players on massive money even AFTER we had been relegated FFS !!!

Even crazier is that some people are advocating that we repeat the tactic in january... :unsure:

Not entirely sure about figures but if all the payoffs (to players and former managers) are included in last seasons loss then shouldn't we be looking at a wage bill of max 25 million for this year? Or am i missing something and being wildly optimistic?

As someone said above the numbers do not matter now.

The sheer scale of the debt means that a tipping point has been reached. The moment the Roa's no longer service the interest on the debt it is game over.

To all intents and purposes the club is bust. It is jus a question of when it is officially declared.

ANyone fancy a trip to Portsmouth or Coventry........sorry Northampton.

If my maths are accurate that is closer to 3 miilion per month, not 2 million.

£66,000.00 per day is about right, based on a 30 day month, but what's £33k a day anyway between friends!!!

The Venky's business masterclass in all its glory. Losing £60k per day? You would be frightened of every new dawn.

I used a rounded up loss of £36M, divided by 365 (days in a year) to get £100,000.

Or was it one from the top, two from the middle and any four others Carol? (Or Rachel I think now)

Even crazier is that some people are advocating that we repeat the tactic in january... :unsure:

Not entirely sure about figures but if all the payoffs (to players and former managers) are included in last seasons loss then shouldn't we be looking at a wage bill of max 25 million for this year? Or am i missing something and being wildly optimistic?

To be fair I think most are talking about half season loans, which cash wise would be a drop in the ocean anyway.

Scary but I do get the feeling come Jan if we are top 6 then I believe the nutbars without any proper UK based directors will be able to get away with throwing silly money at a do or die move to get us promoted.... very scary proposition but looking at our finances.. and situation some may feel it is the only way and our owners history to date would say that it is probably the most likely approach.

With talk of wanting rid of the big earners had a look at transfermarkt.co.uk, here's a list of squad numbered players and when contracts run out according to that site (june of that year)(loan players not included)

Robinson, Dunn, Olsson, Williamson, Morris
Spurr, Kilgallon, King, Campbell, Eastwood, Songo'o, Dann, Rochina, Nunes
Best, Taylor, Etuhu, Marrow, Judge, Evans, Kean
Lowe, Rhodes, Marshall, Henley
Hanley

Scary but I do get the feeling come Jan if we are top 6 then I believe the nutbars without any proper UK based directors will be able to get away with throwing silly money at a do or die move to get us promoted.... very scary proposition but looking at our finances.. and situation some may feel it is the only way and our owners history to date would say that it is probably the most likely approach.

What I don't get is that this situation was expected in the summer so why scrat around in the bin end bargains? I jnever feel there is any value in January either in permanents or loans. Not to the extent we'd need to push us from mid table to the play offs

We could have been contenders (waterfront reference) :D

With talk of wanting rid of the big earners had a look at transfermarkt.co.uk, here's a list of squad numbered players and when contracts run out according to that site (june of that year)(loan players not included)2014Robinson, Dunn, Olsson, Williamson, Morris 2015Spurr, Kilgallon, King, Campbell, Eastwood, Songo'o, Dann, Rochina, Nunes 2016Best, Taylor, Etuhu, Marrow, Judge, Evans, Kean 2017Lowe, Rhodes, Marshall, Henley 2018Hanley http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/blackburn-rovers/startseite/verein_164.html

Orr goes in june 2014 with olsson. I heard he is on 16k a week.

With etuhu and best on 30k a week, those are the ones that catch my eye in terms of a burden

• Backroom

So we lose Etuhu, Orr and Best, by my reckoning that's about £184k/month saved out of nigh on £3m/month. Massive money, yes. But pennies when you're still leaking that kind of amount.

So we lose Etuhu, Orr and Best, by my reckoning that's about £184k/month saved out of nigh on £3m/month. Massive money, yes. But pennies when you're still leaking that kind of amount.

If etuhu and best are on the reported 30k per week, then its a lot more than 184k per month we save

I'd imagine robbo is on even higher than that. Get rid of them 3 and orr and I'd imagine the saving is closer to half a mil per month.

Still begs the question where the rest is going when we have no boardroom costs near enough

We are so majorly effed! The only thing that can solve this and stop the club going into administration is getting promoted. We are four points outside the playoffs at the moment, which is a slight positive. If we don't go up, any player with any bit of value will be sold. Rhodes, Best, Rochina, Dann, Hanley, Kilgallon, Nunes, Campbell and Henley will all be sold and that's just to name a few. Then next season, we will have a shocking squad, with possible points deducted for going into administration and then we will be favourites for the drop and then we will be staring into the abyss. And that's just the PG version of the events to come.

We are so majorly effed! The only thing that can solve this and stop the club going into administration is getting promoted. We are four points outside the playoffs at the moment, which is a slight positive. If we don't go up, any player with any bit of value will be sold. Rhodes, Best, Rochina, Dann, Hanley, Kilgallon, Nunes, Campbell and Henley will all be sold and that's just to name a few. Then next season, we will have a shocking squad, with possible points deducted for going into administration and then we will be favourites for the drop and then we will be staring into the abyss. And that's just the PG version of the events to come.

Yeah, but at least we won't have the Samba's, Nzonzi's, EHD's, Emerton's, RSC's ,Coles's or any other whinging, overpaid PL player, alongside a boring, long ball manager to put up with. We'll be able to shop in the lower/non-leagues for young and hungry players - selling them on for a huge profit, while at the same time playing attractive passing football, which is the right way for a club like rovers. Just as it used to be in the good old days.

Yeah, but at least we won't have the Samba's, Nzonzi's, EHD's, Emerton's, RSC's ,Coles's or any other whinging, overpaid PL player, alongside a boring, long ball manager to put up with. We'll be able to shop in the lower/non-leagues for young and hungry players - selling them on for a huge profit, while at the same time playing attractive passing football, which is the right way for a club like rovers. Just as it used to be in the good old days.

HA!!

Problem with our supporters is that too few can either remember or imagine how sh1t those 'good ol days' were. Anybody born this side of 1975 simply won't have a clue how dire the world of football can be. It's like being addicted to a drug which rather than send you to a high or some dream like state just makes you feel ill.

I was born in 75 but only really remember 1986 onwards. Like most my recollection has become more maudlin and distorted with time. Like those that lament tin baths and outside bogs

Tin baths, luxury! I used to have to go to Belper street slipper baths.

• Backroom

If etuhu and best are on the reported 30k per week, then its a lot more than 184k per month we save

I'd imagine robbo is on even higher than that. Get rid of them 3 and orr and I'd imagine the saving is closer to half a mil per month.

Still begs the question where the rest is going when we have no boardroom costs near enough

Apologies for my shocking maths haha. But still, losing 2.5m/month is still worse than the previous year's amount. I can only assume the last of 'agents fees' and staff payoffs are included? That could add up to a fair chunk.

Derek Shaw mentioned in the q&a that there would be a lot of other clubs that will struggle with FFP rules.

It would be interesting to compare the accounts of one of these clubs (I think he mentioned Leicester and Bolton) to Rovers accounts just to see how they compare.

On the face of it our accounts are shocking but how do they compare to other clubs that will also struggle with FFP ?

Is it possible to get a copy of another clubs accounts so we can compare the 2 ?

No one's suggesting they break the bank (it's a little too late for that), but Bowyer needs more than he's had to spend this summer if the owners have any aspirations of promotion. What's another £5m when you're already £50m odd in the red?

No one's suggesting they break the bank (it's a little too late for that), but Bowyer needs more than he's had to spend this summer if the owners have any aspirations of promotion. What's another £5m when you're already £50m odd in the red?

I never see January as offering much value in terms of transfers. Not to the extent our squad seems to require

Archived