BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ian Battersby Interview

Kamy100

I know it was off topic but it was something I've wondered for a while and the topic came up, So we have Fernhurst, Tom, OnlySG who where are the others?

Ewood Spark makes it 4.

If like to hear from him if he'd swap his seat on the plane for a return to the Walker Trust. I'm honestly not sure.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does the phrase "we'll take it off your hands for free" come to mind everytime i see/hear/read from either the Ians, BRAG or The Trust?

Battersby does say because of the state of the club financially its is diificult to work to a number so maybe you aren't quite right about that.

But, to be fair to all of them, how much would you want to pay for a business thats just lost £36million quid and is losing it at 2or 3 million a month.Oh and is just £54m in debt??

I'd want them to be paying me !!

Battersby does say because of the state of the club financially its is diificult to work to a number so maybe you aren't quite right about that.

But, to be fair to all of them, how much would you want to pay for a business thats just lost £36million quid and is losing it at 2or 3 million a month.Oh and is just £54m in debt??

I'd want them to be paying me !!

Any other business in any other walk of life would have closed down months ago.

Any other business in any other walk of life would have closed down months ago.

There are plenty of businesses worldwide that post losses - indeed rovers own profit/loss "account" is -160 million quid (give or take a fiver).

It is only 12 months since the company made a profit... :rock:

My point is more that i don't believe the Ians have the resources to run the club let alone a sum that would encourage the Venkys to cut their losses and write off all debts.

PK1875 - apologies from me to BRAG - obviously got my groups mixed up.

I know it was off topic but it was something I've wondered for a while and the topic came up, So we have Fernhurst, Tom, OnlySG who where are the others?

I happen to know them all but given the huge amount of grief which was, very unfairly, poured on those individuals at the time think it's better not to post a list.

If you want to know there is a thread of around that time in which they all appear.

If you put yourself out there........I am sure Mr Mulan would agree?

I am sure they would have accepted the praise had it not been a folly and Venky's arrogantly ignored everything they were told. It was an admirable attempt in my opinion and to use the fact that Venkys paid for it as a stick to beat them with is unjustified.

As long as every member of the group tried their best then that's all they could have done

• Backroom

Tom M

Glenn

Ste B

Only2garners

Fernhurst rover

Tris

Ewood Spark

None of us ever hid from it or tried to pretend we weren't involved. A few of us spoke at open meetings (arranged by BRAG) at uncle jacks and the manxman. There was no positive result but the right questions were asked (possibly in the wrong place) but answered with false platitudes and empty promises.

Nobodies pointing any fingers Tom. The question was just asked. The Pune 9 went there with good intentions and in good faith and cannot be in any way blamed if Venkys decided to ignore everything they were told. The 9 have done more than the majority of us.

I'm sure more than one prediction/warning from the group has come true

• Backroom

Nobodies pointing any fingers Tom. The question was just asked. The Pune 9 went there with good intentions and in good faith and cannot be in any way blamed if Venkys decided to ignore everything they were told.

I'm sure more than one prediction/warning from the group has come true

You know its weird thinking back only a couple of years to the time where if these clueless idiots just made the blindingly obvious decisions then they would be a fair bit richer and we wouldn't face the horrible fate we do

At the time of the trip the real burning issue on most fans lips was Steve Kean, we were still a premier league club and survival was still easily in our hands with what should have been a simple sacking.

Has anyone ever made a simple timeline of 'mistakes' made by the owners?

Does the forum have enough space for that? :D

Kean was no doubt a distraction from the real issue.............the owners incompetence and arrogance

If anyone is still interested in old ground regarding the Pune trip it's all here (including some comments which in hindsight are pretty halarious) http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/25386-pune-trip/

Best to let sleeping dogs lie? It's the now that matters

I happen to know them all but given the huge amount of grief which was, very unfairly, poured on those individuals at the time think it's better not to post a list.

Take your pick Paul but they were warned a plenty on here before they went. 'Naive' being a compliment for some, misguided for others and for a few ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZjxoZdWblI

I said time and again any meetings that the new owners wanted to have should have been here. Basic 'home soil' tactic which most football fans should be familair with. Hindsight suggest that it would prob have made little difference in the long run mind but at least the issue would have been tackled with a straight bat and from a position of the moral high ground. I'd imagine that now the tan has worn off that privately most of the people concerned would agree.

• Backroom

Does the forum have enough space for that? :D

Kean was no doubt a distraction from the real issue.............the owners incompetence and arrogance

If anyone is still interested in old ground regarding the Pune trip it's all here http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/25386-pune-trip/

Best to let sleeping dogs lie imo? It's the now that matters

Hands up I was wrong in the extreme with my second sentence here:

'I can confidently say what has been Asked today has been exactly what people on here have wanted to be asked including quoting percentages and the dangers of continuously ignoring the situation along with other issues.

I am also confident the messages have been heard.

People can and will still say it has been pointless but I genuinely feel we have done what I personally wanted to and express my and other fans concerns and thoughts.'

Why do we keep returning to the subject of the Pune 9?because they are legends! They have entered the realm of Ewood folklore, like Coddington's penalty! They'll come up on this Board forever.

I said at the time they were being used for PR purposes and I already thought the club was heading down the road to losing our cherished Premier League status but I didn't blame them for going. After all, everyone of them bleeds blue and white and have spent their lives and a whole lot of time and money following Rovers everywhere. Roversmum and dad also of course.

To put in the time and expense those guys and others have, makes them deserving of a big freebie at least once in their lives imo.

• Backroom

Well indeed I brought it up as the point I was making was relevant to the discussion and a point Ian mentioned in his interview

We have wavered a bit from that now but I brought it upon myself (again)

• Backroom

And to think I was going to share my Venkys xprs gold card with you! (Good for one free chicken with every £54 million spent)

Forget it now I'm giving it to Abbey

• Backroom

Apologies Tom if my question took the thread off topic, it was a genuine question.

No harm done Paul as I said it was me that brought it round to that anyway

And to think I was going to share my Venkys xprs gold card with you! (Good for one free chicken with every £54 million spent)

Forget it now I'm giving it to Abbey

Just a pity Disney are very active protecting their ip, I would imagine a BRFCS version of the legendary Mickey Mouse Club t-shirt would have been a big seller, still don't believe you wore it by coincidence :)

I said at the time they were being used for PR purposes

Ahem ;)

Its a great initiative and a dialogue with fans is something we've all been urging for months.

Though your opinion did become the former later on in the topic :D

Can you tell I'm so bored I'm reading it? :(

Archived