BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds United preview

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best on bench??? No chance.

Now we have Gestede on loan he will be ahead of Best for sure. .

Why are you getting all excited about a centre forward who has scored 19 club goals in 8 years, and you place him ahead of one that has scored 50 in the same period. Similar physique, goals scored at a similar level....I'd have Best in front of Rhodes and this joker, but again Bowyers man management experience comes into question as he should be getting the very best out of LB. On Rhodes current form Id start best for a few and see what happens.

Don't think we should be 2nd guessing this line up. So many options for GB, it's just a shame that Corry is injured.

Dunn, Rochina or Gestede to play as 2nd striker / Rhodes partner?

Cairney in central midfield?

A start for Marshall, Judge or Taylor?

Campbell on bench?

Loads of attacking options. Would like to see Marshall get a start soon.

Why are you getting all excited about a centre forward who has scored 19 club goals in 8 years, and you place him ahead of one that has scored 50 in the same period. Similar physique, goals scored at a similar level....I'd have Best in front of Rhodes and this joker, but again Bowyers man management experience comes into question as he should be getting the very best out of LB. On Rhodes current form Id start best for a few and see what happens.

Who's getting exicted by Gestede scoring record? Nobody is Sparky Marky.

I just think we need physical striker to partner Rhodes and ease the burden on Rhodes big time.

Best isnt good enough to start for us. he isnt a target man so is a different player to Gestede in my view.

Best has a bad attitude and massive ego but cant back it up on the pitch. he has been fined once for his social media outbust against the manager and player. and very likely to be fined again for last week outbust on social media against a fan which some fans complained to the club about them.

After reading that I'm convinced you are on some childish kind of wind up.

Not really.

Just this stupid overreaction to one of Gaz's numerous mediocre signings...one which would never have been made if he could manage properly and get the best out of LB

ts Best who is acting like kid here and he has had to displinced twice by Bowyer. then its time Best drop the attitude and Ego and start performing if he is THAT GOOD!!!

Also cant believe you would drop Rhodes aswell. #headgone

Now I know you're on a wind up. I've seen a few garbage strikers play for Rovers over the last 50 years and Best is up there with the worst. For me he could actually be the worst. Yeah and I can remember John O'Mara, at least he tried !

I just think it's a crime that we have a perfectly good set of forwards in DJ, LB, JR, DD when fit and RR and now we get another whilst the midfield is bang average.

Best and DJ good forwards? Havent done it so far for Rovers.

the midfield isnt average!!! not when we got Cairney, King, Evans, Marshall, Taylor and Lowe in the midfield!

I'd like to see us field a creative team

Kean

Henley dann Hanley spurr

Cairney Lowe

Rochina Dunn King

Rhodes

I would go with this team as well. We need Cairney's creativity in midfield. At least this gives us a bit of flair for a change. I would also love to see Henley coming in for Kane, why develop another club's players when we have a decent rb of our own who is probably better anyway?

Favourite Leeds memory, Boxing Day 1984. One of my favourite Ewood games of all time actually. £20K on when that was massive and a 2-1 win against the sheep.

As bowyer has had to discipline best twice and hasn't had to do it to any other player I would say the fault lies with best's pub-footballer talent and superstar ego rather than bowyer's management skills.

Why on earth did Rovers ever sign this player as it looks totally unprofessional.

What ever happened to a professional manager looking not only into a players abilities but also his character in how he may fit into the group of players at the club.

Why on earth did Rovers ever sign this player as it looks totally unprofessional.

What ever happened to a professional manager looking not only into a players abilities but also his character in how he may fit into the group of players at the club.

I think the only thing that was looked at was the fees that the leeches who dictated how our club was run at the time could make.

Not really.

Just this stupid overreaction to one of Gaz's numerous mediocre signings...one which would never have been made if he could manage properly and get the best out of LB

Bowyer is in good company then if he can't get Best to put a shift in.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2044890/Giovanni-Trapattoni-stands-firm-decision-shun-Newcastles-Leon-Best-Ireland-squad.html

• Backroom

Best and DJ good forwards? Havent done it so far for Rovers.

the midfield isnt average!!! not when we got Cairney, King, Evans, Marshall, Taylor and Lowe in the midfield!

Chad, only Evans and Cairney are genuine quality at this level. King and Lowe are too inconsistent to label them 'quality' although I believe the potential is there.

Taylor and Judge I'm still unsure on due to lack of game time and I'm not sure what Marshall is, let alone how good/bad he is.

The only quality players we have in this squad this season all have serious flaws anyway: Evans, Dunn, Dann, Rhodes and Cairney.

One is injured, one has dodgy fitness levels, one ducks under headers, one hasn't scored in 6 games and the last one isn't even ours!

We have lots of potential quality but not enough proven quality. That's why we'll keep plodding along in many d-table unless Bowyer can make something click. I'm hoping Rudy will give us that extra steel up front when playing through the opposition simply isn't working.

I would go with this team as well. We need Cairney's creativity in midfield. At least this gives us a bit of flair for a change. I would also love to see Henley coming in for Kane, why develop another club's players when we have a decent rb of our own who is probably better anyway?

Favourite Leeds memory, Boxing Day 1984. One of my favourite Ewood games of all time actually. £20K on when that was massive and a 2-1 win against the sheep.

Only a youngster then but remember that game well. Always a huge game in the 80's when Leeds came to town and the Bburn end always used to really get up for those games no matter what the form. Remember watching punch ups all over the show on that game lol they didn't like to lose :)

Only a youngster then but remember that game well. Always a huge game in the 80's when Leeds came to town and the Bburn end always used to really get up for those games no matter what the form. Remember watching punch ups all over the show on that game lol they didn't like to lose :)

I got a kicking on the grass bank near the Infirmary. Luckily a Leeds fan who knew me from school got me away from the action :tu: .

I remember them singing ' we're the best behaved supporters in the land

' we're a real bunch of b_stards when we lose '

Perhaps the explanation may lie somewhere in the fact that both Best and Etuhu have the same agents (Base Soccer Agency).

May be just a coincidence that 2 useless individuals were signed on such ludicrous and extortionately lucrative contracts.....

Archived