BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds United preview

If the team are passing back to Jake Kean then the fans have the right to ask what on earth is going on. Far too many times Rovers pass backwards which shows a lack of courage on behalf of the players and coaching staff- rant over;.

Its another hour and a half to score as many goals as possible against a very average Leeds United team, or will it be another case of our lads washing their feet with their socks on come the end of it.

For me give the ball early to Josh King, most preferably in our half, and let him take the Leeds lads for a run whilst the strikers stand waiting for the tap ins.

arte et labore

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to win today we have been lucky that the gap to playoff places hasn't grown too much, a loss today could see it 9 points or more . genuinely curious to see the team Bowyer puts out.

Would like to see Cairney back in middle along either Lowe or Williamson (probably Lowe) Dunn attacking mid. If it isn't working get Rochina on or even more drastic new target man upfront move Cairney wide Williamson on alongside Lowe. See if we can get ball up to target man and Rhodes feed off him. If Rhodes isn't playing well maybe as final throw of dice him off and rochina then on playing off target man picking up knock downs and trying his tricks on the last man rather than having to try and beat 2/3 players.

Sorry just ramblings of an old man.

will be interesting team selection.If gestede plays next to Rhodes you can't see Dunn starting in a 4 man midfield.He will go cairney , King out wide with lowe and williamson in the middle and only one od dunn/gestede will start.Given the furore over getting him it will probably be the latter at home and a bit more conservative at Ipswich and QPR.

Big 3 games coming up.Anything less than 4 pts would leave us stuck with the bottom half dozen-just in time for Xmas apathy to set in again.

Thanks Venkys you are living the dream!! Tossers

Its another hour and a half to score as many goals as possible against a very average Leeds United team, or will it be another case of our lads washing their feet with their socks on come the end of it.

A 'very average Leeds team' who are six points ahead of us? :blink:

It's a game we should be looking to win but we're just as average, if not more so, than Leeds.

Leeds are on a good run and are six points ahead of us while we are struggling to score goals, so how do you work that one out ?

I think we'll draw at best today with a 1-0 defeat the most likely outcome.

As always, will be happy to be proved wrong.

Should tell us a lot about Bowyers team today.

Anyway, I'm off to the theatre of dreams.

Pity the England RL team did not make the final due to the last minute Kiwi victory last week. Enjoy it Den, I am jealous.

Just been chatting to an Ewood ST holder who has decided to go see Peppa the Pig instead of the Leeds game.....wise choice methinks!

Thanks for the preview, it was an interesting read.

We have to start winning our home games and getting points at home against all we play at this standard. Continued failure to do so will see us sliding down the league in much the same way as last year. Our away form remains very poor and has been for years. Leeds are organised and comptetent and have some flair. We will need to play well to win.

COYB.

The pressure is on them to turn it on in front of their huge following so hopefully it might get to them a bit. If they're struggling it wouldn't be unusual for that lot to get agitated :) An early goal from us will shut them up a bit. Hope the big day out goes t'ts up, cannot stand that lot.

can rovers beat a top 9 club for the 1st time this season? fingers crossed.

Err, I'd say no. Best we can hope for is a 1-1. This is probably the most mediocre, un-inspiring team we've had for a long, long while. Even when we were struggling in the old third division we had the odd player that got you up out of your seat. Australia v New Zealand for me. There'll be more excitement just watching the Kiwi's do the Haka than what I expect at Ewood today.

• Backroom

For me a win and then at least a point each in the next two is essential if we want to even pretend we want to go up

Thought we lacked a real desire to win last week from the managers subs right through to jake Kean time wasting, that was more disappointing than the lack of ability in some of them

Set us up to win and be aggressive rather than meek and we'll beat them, Cairney and Lowe in the middle with one of our 7 million wingers out wide and Dunn behind Rhodes

Following on from two indifferent performances there are several big questions around today's game from the team and the manager. Bowyer simply has to be more adventurous and pick players in their right positions. I just can't see anything for us if we play the same way as we have done recently.

ROVERS: Kean, Kane, Dann, Hanley, Spurr, Taylor, Lowe, Cairney, King, Dunn, Rhodes.

Subs: Easwood, Kilgallon, Campbell, Marshall, Marrow, Rochina, Henley

Lee Williamson is ill and misses out, Chris Taylor comes in. Rudy Gestede absent with a minor knock

The team I wanted to see barring Kane over Henley, but if Henley isn't 100%, then that's the right choice.

TEAM NEWS #lufc v Blackburn: Kenny, Lees, Zaliukas, Pearce, Peltier, Murphy, Mowatt, Pugh, Austin, McCormack, Varney.

subs v Blackburn: Cairns, Brown, Tonge, Smith, Byram, Poleon. Warnock.

Little complaint with that line-up, provided everyone's in their right positions. Wonder if it was an enforced change by Williamson's absence? Either way, an attacking minded line-up that should have enough on paper to beat Leeds.

They really shouldn't show pre-match montage scenes of the great Rovers teams of the last 10 years under the current regime.

The sight of some brilliant players in our famous blue and whites from the non-too-distant past (although it feels longer) makes me hate Venkys that little bit more.

Not a great start to a matchday. :(

• Backroom

Leeds are on a good run and are six points ahead of us while we are struggling to score goals, so how do you work that one out ?

I think we'll draw at best today with a 1-0 defeat the most likely outcome.

As always, will be happy to be proved wrong.

I'm with Jim on this one. Can't see us winning here based on our current form.

Archived