BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds United preview

Best and DJ good forwards? Havent done it so far for Rovers.

the midfield isnt average!!! not when we got Cairney, King, Evans, Marshall, Taylor and Lowe in the midfield!

That midfield is about as average as it gets. Even in the eighties when we had no cash we could put out the likes of Ian Miller, Simon Barker, Noel Brotherston, Scott Sellars etc. all vastly superior to the players to those your list.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blackburn Rovers fans urged to buy Leeds United tickets well in advance

"Rovers are anticipating large queues at the ticket office before the big War of the Roses encounter as on police advice all purchases will need to be checked against the club’s database."

:brfcsmilie:

Only a youngster then but remember that game well. Always a huge game in the 80's when Leeds came to town and the Bburn end always used to really get up for those games no matter what the form. Remember watching punch ups all over the show on that game lol they didn't like to lose :)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xed7a4_shearer-hat-trick-vs-leeds-oct-93_sport

Shearer hat-trick, great day

Well in advance? The game is tomorrow, cutting edge journalism

LOL first thing that came out of my mouth as well.

Although i am pleased to see them come out with VENKYS SORT YOUR ACT OUT, regardless of timing.

Although i am pleased to see them come out with VENKYS SORT YOUR ACT OUT, regardless of timing.

Timing isn't an issue. The club is playing for pride and that's it. We are currently where we should be considering we have the worst Rovers squad since 1986. Anyone hoping for promotion is on another planet ;)

That midfield is about as average as it gets. Even in the eighties when we had no cash we could put out the likes of Ian Miller, Simon Barker, Noel Brotherston, Scott Sellars etc. all vastly superior to the players to those your list.

Correct, all of those players could do things I could never do as a player. The current lot just don't excite me in any way.

Blackburn Rovers fans urged to buy Leeds United tickets well in advance

"Rovers are anticipating large queues at the ticket office before the big War of the Roses encounter as on police advice all purchases will need to be checked against the club’s database."

:brfcsmilie:

@#/? ;-)

I would go with this team as well. We need Cairney's creativity in midfield. At least this gives us a bit of flair for a change. I would also love to see Henley coming in for Kane, why develop another club's players when we have a decent rb of our own who is probably better anyway?

Favourite Leeds memory, Boxing Day 1984. One of my favourite Ewood games of all time actually. £20K on when that was massive and a 2-1 win against the sheep.

Ah yes. I was sat in the Directors Box that day. The Leeds fans were even trying to attack us in that area!!!

If I was was offered a seat in similar now I would tell Mrs D and the Venky boys to stick up up heir ar$e ( if they have one).

• Backroom

I've heard that the 7000 fans that Leeds are bringing is a new championship record, can anyone confirm? Also it is the largest away following in the whole of english football this season.

Should make for a cracking atmosphere!

I've heard that the 7000 fans that Leeds are bringing is a new championship record, can anyone confirm? Also it is the largest away following in the whole of english football this season.

They will not match the Blackburn End ROAR (Abbey and his two mates).

They will not match the Blackburn End ROAR (Abbey and his two mates).

Mike, this is Leeds fans take on it from one of their forums

"OUT SING THE LEEDS FANS

roflmao.gifroflmao.gifroflmao.gifroflmao.gifroflmao.gif

Yeah right Gary we hear you lol.

I cant see how church Mice can be turned into Lions lol."

As of late, you have to agree

They have only got 6800 . Unless Leeds fan and their site is wrong.

Cracking atmosphere?? Aye whatever . Dirty Leeds scum all cracking.

We need to win today we have been lucky that the gap to playoff places hasn't grown too much, a loss today could see it 9 points or more . genuinely curious to see the team Bowyer puts out.

Would like to see Cairney back in middle along either Lowe or Williamson (probably Lowe) Dunn attacking mid. If it isn't working get Rochina on or even more drastic new target man upfront move Cairney wide Williamson on alongside Lowe. See if we can get ball up to target man and Rhodes feed off him. If Rhodes isn't playing well maybe as final throw of dice him off and rochina then on playing off target man picking up knock downs and trying his tricks on the last man rather than having to try and beat 2/3 players.

Sorry just ramblings of an old man.

It looks like the game will be broadcast in Asia! I'm going for a 2-0 win. Rhodes to open the scoring on 32 minutes, Dunn to follow a minute later :rover:

On some strange Chinese Channel called European Soccer Channel?, oh well Setanta Au have decided to go with the Yorkshire Derby , Huddersfield v Dingles

Archived